Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:04 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:30 pm
So K.A. has till Frriday to pay the wages deficit or the players can tear up their contracts and wak? Fantastic....
Probably now the PFA have stepped in that won't happen. Imagine many will want out in January. But I think this season is pretty much written off already now - unless Ken has a mate who will stick serious cash in and quickly. No genuine takeover will complete in time to save the January window and I can only see more cost cutting.
The Sun (which isn't the worst on football reports) states that this is after the P.F.A have acted, and that Friday is Ken's deadline set by them after their contribution?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:47 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
So K.A. has till Frriday to pay the wages deficit or the players can tear up their contracts and wak? Fantastic....
Probably now the PFA have stepped in that won't happen. Imagine many will want out in January. But I think this season is pretty much written off already now - unless Ken has a mate who will stick serious cash in and quickly. No genuine takeover will complete in time to save the January window and I can only see more cost cutting.
The Sun (which isn't the worst on football reports) states that this is after the P.F.A have acted, and that Friday is Ken's deadline set by them after their contribution?
Who knows? Ken won't let his assets walk out will he?

But ultimately we're doomed either way it seems.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:58 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Which "either way"s that?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:16 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:58 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Which "either way"s that?
Whether Ken pays the players by Friday or not......

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:16 pm

I wouldn't write the season off yet. The outlook is bleak, but it's not over.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Someone should point out to Ken he's on a reasonable earner selling BWFC and not a pot of gold, the only way forward IMHO.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:16 pm

PFA have pulled their loan for the wages. Mr Anderson it's over to you.

Merry Christmas Bolton.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Oh christ. Will we even make it to the end of the season?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:04 pm

The walls are closing in...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 pm

All due to a winding up order that is in the courts at the minute. Looks like old Kenneth has bluffed one too many and has been called on his 7,2 off suit.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Walsall winning at Sunderland tonight has just cost us a few more grand too :(
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:18 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 pm
All due to a winding up order that is in the courts at the minute. Looks like old Kenneth has bluffed one too many and has been called on his 7,2 off suit.
The story is here...

https://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2018/12/1 ... wages.html

Apparently Front Row Marketing noticed that his hands were shaking, he was smiling manically, and blood was starting to ooze out of his ears, after seeing him bragging on social media that despite these tells his poker strategy works every time.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:33 am

“Tell you what lads how about I pay you double after New Year? No, Christmas isn’t cancelled, just postponed.”

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:59 am

Late payment to players is annoying because of contract terms, but I can't imagine it's hurting them too much as long as it gets there eventually. Their main worry must be a bit more long term. It's the lower paid end staff and employees that need their money for Christmas, so lets hope all that's in hand.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Maybe not the seasoned pros but plenty of younger players aren’t being paid either. We’ve all got bills to pay.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:59 am
Late payment to players is annoying because of contract terms, but I can't imagine it's hurting them too much as long as it gets there eventually. Their main worry must be a bit more long term. It's the lower paid end staff and employees that need their money for Christmas, so lets hope all that's in hand.
I never understand this. Firstly our top paid player is on about 10K a week. But not all are on that much. Some on 3-4K a month. So - if they have a mortgage that costs 50% of that and bills etc on top and a lifestyle that is commensurate to their earnings...why would them being paid late be any different to you?

Its like a kid from an African village saying to you "Hey Mr TD your pension a month is more money than I'll see in my lifetime. Therefore you won't be that bothered missing a month or two".....

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:12 pm

If there are any English speaking owners of Chinese football clubs reading, Clayton Donaldson is currently being rested because we don't to risk damage to our most saleable asset for the January transfer window. A snip at £8m.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:40 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
I never understand this. Firstly our top paid player is on about 10K a week. But not all are on that much. Some on 3-4K a month. So - if they have a mortgage that costs 50% of that and bills etc on top and a lifestyle that is commensurate to their earnings...why would them being paid late be any different to you?

Its like a kid from an African village saying to you "Hey Mr TD your pension a month is more money than I'll see in my lifetime. Therefore you won't be that bothered missing a month or two".....
Don't you just love an excuse to nit-pick and find fault? ( and usually talk a load of bollox in the bargain). Read the post f.f.s. I was talking (quite explicitly) about late payment to squad players, not no-payment. How many Bolton players (you know, the ones we're talking about) exactly, do you think are paying five grand per week mortagage? Five grand per week? If I had said anything at all about their wages being paid more than a few days late I could understand your eageness to leap forth with your banner of self-righteousness and sword of "chop-your-bollox-off" indignation". Stick to lefturing the government and telling Theresa May what to do. I dont need your lectures, shove em.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Well firstly no kid in Africa would have a mortgage... Does any kid anywhere?. And if you think anybody in Africa fails to earn more than £666 a lifetime, you're living in some fantasy land in your own head.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Don't you just love an excuse to nit-pick and find fault? ( and usually talk a load of bollox in the bargain). Read the post f.f.s. I was talking (quite explicitly) about late payment to squad players, not no-payment. How many Bolton players (you know, the ones we're talking about) exactly, do you think are paying five grand per week mortagage? Five grand per week? If I had said anything at all about their wages being paid more than a few days late I could understand your eageness to leap forth with your banner of self-righteousness and sword of "chop-your-bollox-off" indignation". Stick to lefturing the government and telling Theresa May what to do. I dont need your lectures, shove em.
My point was that people tend to live inline with their income. Their lifestyles are generally a fit for what they earn. Our top players earn £10K a week but that is just a few. Imagine likes of Dyer etc probably are 2K a week max. These players will have big houses, expensive cars and big bills. I did not say they'd be destitute. I merely pointed out it is a fallacy saying that wealthy salaried people can survive easily with late salaries. Generally it isn't any easier for them than you. (Other than they perhaps in come cases can sell possessions if they need short term cash). Some players probably are living sensibly and saving up and not utilising the majority of their income. But that doesn't mean all of them are.

Most people in the world can survive 2 weeks late. However, IF they started getting a month late then footballers in many cases just like everyone else have problems.