Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:44 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:24 pm
Lennon went mutually when Ken turned up didn’t he. I have no idea what to think about Parky, it’s been utter dog shit this season but I think under some heavily mitigating circumstances! Plus it will be Jimmy P and David Lee and unlike the long brigade I’m realistic enough to know how that will end up.
Seriously, the only good thing about our club is Parky. The man should be considered a club legend. Just wait till you hear the full story. Its shocking.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:51 pm

Parky could bring us a bit of cheer by setting his teams up to attack and go for it at home. But it's negative off the pitch and on it. Bollocks, all of it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:54 pm

Jugs wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:51 pm
Parky could bring us a bit of cheer by setting his teams up to attack and go for it at home. But it's negative off the pitch and on it. Bollocks, all of it.
Just like Lennon did in similar circumstances with a more expensive squad....

We're doing better than that, far better. He's worked wonders in a complete mess. The man deserves nothing but respect.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:57 pm

Forest Green Rovers Chairman on Sky Sports just a short time ago on KA...
“He said to me you can seek a winding up petition and you can bankrupt the club, I don’t care, I’m a secured lender I’ll get my money back”

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:57 pm
Forest Green Rovers Chairman on Sky Sports just a short time ago on KA...
“He said to me you can seek a winding up petition and you can bankrupt the club, I don’t care, I’m a secured lender I’ll get my money back”
Aye, and here's a link to the video. He's really not f**king about, Dale Vince; he's obviously quite a principled and determined man - like dragging FGR into the league, having a vegan-only stadium, etc - but he's also no fool, so he'll know that this sort of stuff is potential libel. (For that reason I won't post the tweet/video inline, lest TW be caught in legal crossfire.) His hard line on this is interesting: perhaps the point at which Ken's luck runs out?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:54 pm
Jugs wrote:

We're doing better than that, far better. He's worked wonders in a complete mess. The man deserves nothing but respect.
He's done some good stuff, and credit where it's due. But in terms of the football, he brings zero cheer at the moment. It's dire and you can't blame that on the stuff that goes on behind closed doors. That's his tactics and mindset. We're not good to talk about and we're not good to watch, and it doesn't have to be that way.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Jugs wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:15 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:

He's done some good stuff, and credit where it's due. But in terms of the football, he brings zero cheer at the moment. It's dire and you can't blame that on the stuff that goes on behind closed doors. That's his tactics and mindset. We're not good to talk about and we're not good to watch, and it doesn't have to be that way.
You very much can. If you think that hasn't had a huge impact on morale and spirit - then think again.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:22 pm
Jugs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:

You very much can. If you think that hasn't had a huge impact on morale and spirit - then think again.
Nah man. That's not the reason Alnwick takes an eternity to take his goal kicks, or why Magennis takes long throw ins, or why why start with 1 upfront v Walsall. It's down to the manager's tactics and mindset.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Jugs wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:

Nah man. That's not the reason Alnwick takes an eternity to take his goal kicks, or why Magennis takes long throw ins, or why why start with 1 upfront v Walsall. It's down to the manager's tactics and mindset.
Which are designed to get the best out of an average (being generous) group of players. The lack of spirit and morale that dogged the season is clearly not down to them not wanting to play for Parky......

You can argue all you want but the tame surrender of a better squad under Lennon shows Parky's value - that under even worse circumstances we're not as bad.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:44 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Lennon went mutually when Ken turned up didn’t he. I have no idea what to think about Parky, it’s been utter dog shit this season but I think under some heavily mitigating circumstances! Plus it will be Jimmy P and David Lee and unlike the long brigade I’m realistic enough to know how that will end up.
Seriously, the only good thing about our club is Parky. The man should be considered a club legend. Just wait till you hear the full story. Its shocking.
Give it a rest... Hull 6. Us 0. All Ken's fault of course. :roll:
He's a leg end in his own trousers!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:44 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Give it a rest... Hull 6. Us 0. All Ken's fault of course. :roll:
He's a leg end in his own trousers!
We are still in touch. In a normal situation we'd have a chance of survival. Unlike Lennon's lot who were about where Ipswich were at this stage.

Anyhow, Nixon is currently writing another bad news story for us..so he says....

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 pm
Jugs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:

Which are designed to get the best out of an average (being generous) group of players. The lack of spirit and morale that dogged the season is clearly not down to them not wanting to play for Parky......

You can argue all you want but the tame surrender of a better squad under Lennon shows Parky's value - that under even worse circumstances we're not as bad.
Mate, I'm not comparing him with what went before. We know how bad that was. But the complete lack of urgency and aggression from PP's teams at home is sapping all motivation from fans to go to the games.

Everything was going fairly swell by the time QPR came to town in September, and PP chose to go defensive. That was nothing to do with Ken or the perceived limited ability of our squad to attack - that was PP's mindset. It's the way he is.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Jugs wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 pm
Jugs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:

Mate, I'm not comparing him with what went before. We know how bad that was. But the complete lack of urgency and aggression from PP's teams at home is sapping all motivation from fans to go to the games.

Everything was going fairly swell by the time QPR came to town in September, and PP chose to go defensive. That was nothing to do with Ken or the perceived limited ability of our squad to attack - that was PP's mindset. It's the way he is.
Nah - everything was going well up until the administration debacle in the international break. Watch back to see the drop of in committment from before and after. See the way players fought back from 2 down at Preston. Compare that to afterwards.

The tactics and selections didn't change. The spirit went. Players weren't being paid.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:10 pm

If Parkinson was a Russian general, Crimea would still be Ukrainian. If Parkinson was Barnier, Europe would be a bunch of counties in England.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:16 pm

Nixon with the news I'd heard last week.... and hinted at earlier....

We haven't been paying the wages of Wildschutt or Matthews. We owe Norwich a 6 figure sum for that.

I'm betting Williams is in the same category too!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:41 pm

Accrington chairman/majority shareholder Andy Holt is weighing in now too - anti Ken, pro BWFC. Initial tweet below but it's worth reading his whole Twitter feed from the past 24 hours. (https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:27 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:41 pm
Accrington chairman/majority shareholder Andy Holt is weighing in now too - anti Ken, pro BWFC. Initial tweet below but it's worth reading his whole Twitter feed from the past 24 hours. (https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt)
I told 'em. I told the fxckers... :box:
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:35 pm

It’s fair cop though - why should FGR or Norwich fund half our season? And who in their right minds would sell / loan bwfc a player now. Ken Anderson you utter cnut, Inwouldnt wish you on tranmere rovers!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:

I agree - and I’ve been firmly in the parky out camp for a while.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm

The Times: "The EFL has been urged to toughen its rules on club directors after questions were raised about the activities of Bolton Wanderers’ owner Ken Anderson, who has been described as a “rogue chairman” by another club owner."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/spor ... -mbfgvpr29