Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:57 am

He could've just said there was a loan from ED and left it at that and I didn't mention glowing references. One day we might find out what happened at "the end" although clearly it's not quite the end, as he still has cash tied up.

Saying he's owed a debt of gratitude is a bit different than "he needs a good shoeing" ;-)

If memory serves, the stuff about car parks, North Stand offices and Euxton "emerged" at the time they were sold (£5m) I think was the report on car park and offices, with some sort of buyback option, which I thought KA said he was intending to do.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:He could've just said there was a loan from ED and left it at that and I didn't mention glowing references. One day we might find out what happened at "the end" although clearly it's not quite the end, as he still has cash tied up.

Saying he's owed a debt of gratitude is a bit different than "he needs a good shoeing" ;-)

If memory serves, the stuff about car parks, North Stand offices and Euxton "emerged" at the time they were sold (£5m) I think was the report on car park and offices, with some sort of buyback option, which I thought KA said he was intending to do.
My question about the car park sale, he said he would like to buy them back at some future date, they were bought by a BW supporter who is open to selling them back later IF finances allow.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Riviman wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:He could've just said there was a loan from ED and left it at that and I didn't mention glowing references. One day we might find out what happened at "the end" although clearly it's not quite the end, as he still has cash tied up.

My question about the car park sale, he said he would like to buy them back at some future date, they were bought by a BW supporter who is open to selling them back later IF finances allow.

All sounded cautiously positive tbf.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:19 pm

I think ED and PG (RIP) both had the best interests of the club at heart. ED was a fan and a good benefactor, and PG, who was also a genuine fan, tried to run the club as best he could. I am sure with hindsight mistakes were made, but the biggest issue was ED wanted to turn the money taps off, just as PG was in ill health. When the fundamental business is losing over £1m per month, it only takes a few months of confusion and lack of communication for the business to be in jeopardy.

I think the fact that KA did the Q & A, combined with what he said is positive. There could be big problems ahead, particularly if we don't get promoted where it is hard to see a way forward, but he seems to have a handle on the club, seems to be upfront about the issues, and seems to want to be part of the club for the medium term. Also, his background means he is good at the transfer business, which is a vital part of any clubs financial fortunes.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:51 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Davies wasn't on the Board, so day to day running was down to PG and the others.
Interesting. So who bore responsibility for the fiduciary duty? PG, I guess.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Davies wasn't on the Board, so day to day running was down to PG and the others.
Interesting. So who bore responsibility for the fiduciary duty? PG, I guess.
Yes sorta. The Board of Directors are always the ones legally accountable for any business. In that sense Davies was like any other "lender". The only real question in my mind was whether he gave enough notice that the money taps were being turned off, but in any event, the "rules" on FFP were well known so should have been planned for by the Board. I hope the Accounts don't show an FFP infringement that cost us...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Club and manager both got a mention on Granada Reports tonight. Parky for the good job he's doing on the pitch and one about the buy-out battle between Ken Anderson and Dean Holdsworth. At least we're newsworthy again . Come on you Whites...... :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:10 pm

A Christmas message from Ken. Spoiler alert: it contains information about our new "official pouring rights partner".

Chairman Ken Anderson addresses the club's supporters in a special column.

I trust you have all had an enjoyable Christmas period and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

I’d also like to thank all of the staff here at the club and hotel, both football and administrative, for their constant hard work which has been instrumental in helping us get to where we are right now.

They were able to wind down for an evening with a Christmas party just prior to the big day itself - the first at the club in three years - and the feel good factor around the stadium is palpable.

It was superb to see such a fantastic crowd for our Boxing Day encounter against Shrewsbury Town, with many of the 16,238 supporters at Macron Stadium being half season ticket holders.

We have surpassed our expectations in regards to the number of them sold and I am thrilled that the newcomers were able to start their tenure as season ticket holders with victory.

Our hospitality suites were also sold out for the fixture which is hugely pleasing and is a testament to the hard work of those behind-the-scenes here at Macron Stadium.

With the incredible vocal support you have provided so far this term meanwhile, we effectively have a twelfth man on the field.

With that in mind, I urge you all to be as loud and proud in your support both at Macron Stadium and away from home between now and the end of the season.

Now we are at the halfway stage of the campaign, we are extremely pleased that we are firmly where we aimed to be at this point in regards to our league standing.

There will no doubt be a number of twists and turns along the way between now and the end of the campaign, but we are in a strong position and long may that continue.

I hope that our excellent form at home meanwhile will encourage more people to come and show their support for the team – ultimately something which may just be the difference in getting us over the line.

We are also fortunate enough to have several of our players coming back from long term injuries at the moment too which will further strengthen our squad. This may mean that we can take our time in regards to decisions about our activity in the January transfer window.

That said however, our team of scouts have been actively out there since August looking for potential signings for cover should we pick up any serious injuries or if an opportunity arises to sign a quality player which could be influential for the squad.

Aside from matters on the pitch, there has been a great deal of press recently about a supposed boardroom feud but I can assure you that there can be nothing further from the truth.

Dean and I have so far not been able to reach an agreement on the sale of his shares or his Blu Marble refinancing, but this does not mean that there is an ongoing feud between us.

We talk, text and email each other on a regular basis and contrary to rumour, I am not particular about being the sole owner of this great football club. I would be happy to share the future funding requirement with Dean pro rata to our shareholdings.

There is no need to rush any decision on ownership and as far as I am concerned, it is business as usual.

Following on from the previous press comments about Saudi interest meanwhile, over the last week there has been speculation about an apparent American takeover.

All I can say on this matter is that we receive approaches all the time, from various sources, which is not surprising when you look at the environment and set up we have here at Macron Stadium and Bolton Whites Hotel.

Once again, I can assure you that I have not met nor spoken to anyone. As I have said in the past, if someone comes along who can help take the club further, then I will be happy to talk to them. At this current moment however, that has not happened.

Elsewhere, I have arranged future meetings with a number of organisations such as the Supporters’ Trust, the BWSA and a handful of fan blogs.

My aim is to build relationships with them so as to work together going forward for the benefit of the club although I appreciate that they will want to retain their independence also.

We are also continuing to make big strides commercially and I am sure you have read about some of the businesses we have gone into partnership with.

I'm pleased to announce that we have signed a valuable deal with Molson Coors to be our official pouring rights partner, while more details on this will be announced in due course.

Following on from my comments regarding the situation with Macron at the recent Q&A session meanwhile, an agreement has now been reached with them.

I hope to see you all back at Macron Stadium for Saturday’s visit of Scunthorpe United.

Kind regards

Ken
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Poring rights partner? Wtf happened to beer supplier? It'll still be as shite and overpriced as the current dregs they serve up. I'll sample it just to make sure. Obviously!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:23 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Poring rights partner? Wtf happened to beer supplier? It'll still be as shite and overpriced as the current dregs they serve up. I'll sample it just to make sure. Obviously!
Molson's Brewery started in Montreal over three centuries ago and still haven't made a beer I like. Still better than Coors and I didn't greet the merger with joy.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:14 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:Poring rights partner? Wtf happened to beer supplier? It'll still be as shite and overpriced as the current dregs they serve up. I'll sample it just to make sure. Obviously!
Molson's Brewery started in Montreal over three centuries ago and still haven't made a beer I like. Still better than Coors and I didn't greet the merger with joy.

Have you been drinking it from its inception Monty?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:47 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Have you been drinking it from its inception Monty?
That's a very low blow Gary. Monty isn't quite as old as I am and I haven't reached two hundred yet. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:49 am

Aren't they Molson Coors now?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:03 am

Trouble with Ken's latest statement is that only a few weeks ago he was quoted as saying if an agreement over funding and ownership was not reached quickly the club could be facing administration.

He seems to say one thing one week then completely change his tune the next.

Whilst in the context of these negotiations I can understand to some extent...initially he was trying to force Deano's hand and now presumably the blumarble stumbling block is one he needs DH's cooperation with, but given comments from himself and Deano in the media it is fairly obvious there has been some sort of major boardroom schism.

I appreciate his openness but perhaps he should be more careful how he words things. We've gone from impending doom to 'no rush, business as usual'.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:23 am

Have the accounts been filed yet?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:13 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Have the accounts been filed yet?
No - but there has been an interesting document filed...if you like that sort of thing...Confirmation Statement (showing Shareholdings) was filed 12 Dec...

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:59 pm

It would be nice to have some clarity from the top right now I feel. Recent statements leave a lot of confusion. Accounts are apparently being audited, but they remain outstanding. The only way to avoid administration is for KA to buy DH out, but DH and KA now seem to be working together? Blumarble have a loan secured against the stadium at ridiculous interest rates that seems hard to repay. We are losing £800k per month confirmed, KA personally funded November and December costs, so where does that leave us going forward? Is DH trying to loan some more, or get a partner in so he can pony up his share to fund our losses?. We need £3.2m to get to the end of the season and seem to be surviving month to month, and it is hard to see a coherent plan in any of this. If, and it is probably a big if, we get substantial bids during the JTW, I can't see us turning them down.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:28 am

I've put this here in lieu of a new transfer thread... but it's also somehow fitting. Interesting Ameobi line in the BN:
The Bolton News understands [Newcastle] are refusing to release him again unless his loan fee for the first half of the campaign is paid up in full.
...which would seem fair enough.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:41 pm

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2017/01/03 ... wages.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No matter what people initially thought of Ken it looks like it's a good thing he's around!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Chairman Ken makes some points (official site)