Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:00 am

There has to be a massive chance that the Basran group will walk away, and that no other party will be willing to replace them. It looks a very poor deal for a buyer. £25m minimum just to be pay off the secured debt (if they want close to 100% control) and HMRC, lots of complexity, and losses of £10m-£12m per year from next season, and a league that is likely to include two of Sunderland, Portsmouth and Charlton, plus the other two who go down with us, all likely to be in a better position than us to get out of L1.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:03 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:00 am
There has to be a massive chance that the Basran group will walk away, and that no other party will be willing to replace them. It looks a very poor deal for a buyer. £25m minimum just to be pay off the secured debt (if they want close to 100% control) and HMRC, lots of complexity, and losses of £10m-£12m per year from next season, and a league that is likely to include two of Sunderland, Portsmouth and Charlton, plus the other two who go down with us, all likely to be in a better position than us to get out of L1.
Basran has been trying since December. And directors including James were added to their company set up as a vehicle to buy the club. I doubt he's giving up anytime soon. I think James' inclusion is good news in that he's clearly a strong link to the area and the club. The worry would be is if he had to come on board since they cannot raise enough cash to buyout all the debts. However, I think the issue now is whether they can force a deal before Ken uses the admin threat...

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:33 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:03 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:00 am
Basran has been trying since December. And directors including James were added to their company set up as a vehicle to buy the club. I doubt he's giving up anytime soon. I think James' inclusion is good news in that he's clearly a strong link to the area and the club. The worry would be is if he had to come on board since they cannot raise enough cash to buyout all the debts. However, I think the issue now is whether they can force a deal before Ken uses the admin threat...
I agree with all that, and I hope there are totally committed to the deal, but nothing they have done prevents them from thinking better of it. They are looking at a situation where they would need to budget for £45m-£50m minimum just to get us back to where we are now, and then another substantial outlay if they ever want a chance to reach the Prem. We would have to become an established Prem club for them to see a return on their investment. What are the chances of that? They don't appear super wealthy, it looks a terrible deal from a financial perspective. And then they have to deal with Ken as well as all the unpaid bills on top of that. As ever, I hope I am totally wrong.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am

Seems very obvious that Bolton Wanderers are the last thing in K.A.'s thoughts in all this.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:48 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am
Seems very obvious that Bolton Wanderers are the last thing in K.A.'s thoughts in all this.
Its terrifying that he doesn't give a toss...also an absolute certainty....

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Apparently radio reports are suggesting the Basran take-over might well be off.......

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Mike Glendinning is tweeting the same , an omnishambles does not come close.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:20 pm

ruh-roh

Evidently Ken's being tricky to deal with

Could be that Basran and his mates have had enough, despite putting months of effort in

Could be a ploy to walk away knowing that Ken would then have to find, what is it, a million for the taxman next Wednesday?

If the latter, could be that Basran is betting that Ken gives a tin shit about our club

Sleep well, folks...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:29 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:20 pm
ruh-roh

Evidently Ken's being tricky to deal with

Could be that Basran and his mates have had enough, despite putting months of effort in

Could be a ploy to walk away knowing that Ken would then have to find, what is it, a million for the taxman next Wednesday?

If the latter, could be that Basran is betting that Ken gives a tin shit about our club

Sleep well, folks...
Its not good. The games playing all round with a founder member of the football league is unacceptable.

I don't think this is the end of this, I suspect they are trying to force Ken into a sale on their terms. My worry is that Ken is not someone who will like this and could refuse out of spite.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:29 pm
I don't think this is the end of this, I suspect they are trying to force Ken into a sale on their terms. My worry is that Ken is not someone who will like this and could refuse out of spite.
Agree with all of that up to the last word, which I'd replace with "greed".

The Basran Bunch have walked away before, but they've walked back, and there's more of them now with James etc onside. Doubtless the shameless Ken will now be on the blower to Kenyon, partly to shake that tree again, partly to see if his client approach say James regarding buying out his debt – which would therefore get back to Basran, which would therefore (in Ken's mind) force him back to the table.

As you say, games are being played with our beloved club. It'd be bad enough in any situation, but I have deep concerns about at least one individual.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:10 pm

We’re a league one club in waiting.

It’s cheaper surely if we are in admin.

Lose (fail to win?) this weekend and we’ll find ourselves with -12 (another potential record for Parky?!) points, in admin, and cheaper.

Ken don’t give a feck.

I’m not convinced Basrans gang do either...and yes I know one of them is a ‘lifelong fan’.

Do we get a transfer ban if we go into admin - one the (potential) new owners can blame on Ken?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:29 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:10 pm
We’re a league one club in waiting.

It’s cheaper surely if we are in admin.

Lose (fail to win?) this weekend and we’ll find ourselves with -12 (another potential record for Parky?!) points, in admin, and cheaper.

Ken don’t give a feck.

I’m not convinced Basrans gang do either...and yes I know one of them is a ‘lifelong fan’.

Do we get a transfer ban if we go into admin - one the (potential) new owners can blame on Ken?
The thing with admin is it needs funding for a period of time. If there is 0 in the club account as we suspect then a) administrators will have to sell stuff merely to proceed - what is left to sell and b) KA might be in a lot of trouble if they find he's been trading whilst insolvent.

I don't think admin is even a guaranteed outcome of the court hearing - perhaps Worthy can clear up but I think HMRC can push for liquidation if debt remains unpaid and no guarantees of payment can be obtained?

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:33 pm

someone on WanderersWays now stating that Forest Green have now annouced legal action of the Doidge fiasco....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:35 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:10 pm
Admin has its own costs. The actual administrator needs paying, for a start - it's a job. It's not always the cheapest way out, even ignoring the punishments.

Speaking of which, a transfer embargo tends to come a few stages before admin - as we've already discovered. Once admin happens, a new buyer would have to prove funds etc but then would start with clean slate... barring points punishment.

I suppose you could say it's unfair if Ken takes us into admin and then Basran picks up the points tab, but if a new rule was brought in to avoid that - ie new owners can't be punished for indiscretions of previous regimes – then Basran would have less reason to keep us out of admin.

As it is, he has little reason to wait except keeping Ken kalm. It's brinksmanship in a minefield.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:38 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:33 pm
someone on WanderersWays now stating that Forest Green have now annouced legal action of the Doidge fiasco....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:07 pm

Getting their foot in the door before the 20th March

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:15 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:33 pm
Could we not counter sue by dint of him being absolute shite?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:48 pm

That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:22 pm

Wish I could even pretend to be surprised. I can't. All about money, greed and ego and none about Bolton Wanderers; I said it earlier.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:06 pm

Tbh would you deal with Ken and take over what on the face of it seems a poison chalice?
I don't think it's the end of BWFC but we are heading for a wilderness the likes of never seen before for the history and former size of this club.