Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wanderers have appointed Patricia Anderson, wife of chairman Ken, to the board of directors at Bolton Wanderers Football and Athletic Company - the football arm of Burnden Leisure Ltd.
(per BN)
Can anyone explain to a thicko like me what the significance of this is, if there is any?
I don't fully understand the ramifications but it seems the only other directors are Ken and Deano (per bwfc.co.uk).
So it's a threesome? :shock:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:48 pm

Kenny's sounding off again.

This fromt' th'offish.

Chairman Ken Anderson addresses the club's supporters on bwfc.co.uk
Everyone was very disappointed by the loss to Swindon Town, a game where we had enough opportunities to have finished it off earlier. 

While most teams around us (with the exception of Scunthorpe) also dropped points, I see it as a missed opportunity to move clear of them. 

I think our final pass was just not good enough on the day and you could see that while there were some tired legs out there. Generally speaking it was not one of our better performances. 

Once again though, the noise from another good turnout of our supporters, particularly in the last few minutes, was great to hear, even if on this occasion we didn't get the result we probably deserved. 

That said, we have to treat it as a bad day at the office and move on, pick ourselves up and focus on the challenges ahead.

Prior to the game I had a good meeting with the Supporters’ Trust and the Supporters’ Association. It is important that we keep a close and regular dialogue with both groups. To that end, we will be meeting regularly going forward.

We have a big opportunity to bounce straight back and hopefully, get a result this Tuesday in what will be another difficult away game against Big Sam’s Crystal Palace from the Premier League.

What bigger incentive could everyone have than that of bringing Manchester City to Macron Stadium for what would also be a live TV match. 

Read more at http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 1S8bkUq.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:50 pm

Nowt in that really, thinly veiled get yer arse to the ground,sorry we lost.

Have we filed the accounts yet? About a month since he said they definitley absolutely will be filed by deloitte in a month?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:29 pm

I can't see many good things coming from this new bi-weekly column of his. Communication is good, of course, but I'd prefer the Chairman of our football club to only really speak publicly when there's something important to say, such as the accounts being filed, the transfer embargo being lifted, the share issues being resolved etc. I think it'd a bit of a slippery slope if he were to start commenting regularly on things like results and performances.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:22 pm

Nicko58 wrote:I can't see many good things coming from this new bi-weekly column of his. Communication is good, of course, but I'd prefer the Chairman of our football club to only really speak publicly when there's something important to say, such as the accounts being filed, the transfer embargo being lifted, the share issues being resolved etc. I think it'd a bit of a slippery slope if he were to start commenting regularly on things like results and performances.
Accepting that the club is a business, that Ken Anderson is a businessman (we have to do both), then surely people have to believe that everything is being done to make a success of it all. In as much as the board have to convince the supporters that this is the case, then surely the fact that the manager knows what he's doing and the players seem happy should be indications of it going in the right direction. No great secrets are going to be revealed in a chat column between the chairman and any form of supporters Secret Seven handshake club, and even fewer in any media publications or meetings. At least Anderson, in the main, seems far more approachable than the late P.G ever was. I can't see that as a bad thing if just discussing generalities and communicating are the aims.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:54 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Nowt in that really, thinly veiled get yer arse to the ground,sorry we lost.

Have we filed the accounts yet? About a month since he said they definitley absolutely will be filed by deloitte in a month?
See, although he's as fundamentally and absolutely entitled to his opinion as you or I, I'm really not sure I want to read Anderson's comments on "the final ball" when the club is still in financial difficulties. I want to hear from Parky regarding what he thought went wrong on Saturday, and how he intends to fix it. From Anderson I want to learn where we're up to fiscally.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Nowt in that really, thinly veiled get yer arse to the ground,sorry we lost.

See, although he's as fundamentally and absolutely entitled to his opinion as you or I, I'm really not sure I want to read Anderson's comments on "the final ball" when the club is still in financial difficulties. I want to hear from Parky regarding what he thought went wrong on Saturday, and how he intends to fix it. From Anderson I want to learn where we're up to fiscally.
I agree with this.

Accounts not filed, prolonged embargo, takeover of DH's share, Loans at ridiculous interest rates secured against the stadium, loan fees that we are preventing from having not being paid (???), squad in need of strengthening, there really are enough pressing issues that threaten the clubs long term survival that need to be talked about...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Quite. Anderson and son are beginning to seem like they want a piece of the limelight. But I'd rather they sorted out this embargo that has dragged on way too long.

Feels more and more like go up and we will be fine. Don't go up and it could well be fun and games.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Don't go up and it could well be fun and games.
More worried it might be no fun an no games tbf. :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:49 am

Nicko58 wrote:I can't see many good things coming from this new bi-weekly column of his. Communication is good, of course, but I'd prefer the Chairman of our football club to only really speak publicly when there's something important to say, such as the accounts being filed, the transfer embargo being lifted, the share issues being resolved etc. I think it'd a bit of a slippery slope if he were to start commenting regularly on things like results and performances.
officer_dibble wrote:Have we filed the accounts yet? About a month since he said they definitley absolutely will be filed by deloitte in a month?
Bruce Rioja wrote:See, although he's as fundamentally and absolutely entitled to his opinion as you or I, I'm really not sure I want to read Anderson's comments on "the final ball" when the club is still in financial difficulties. I want to hear from Parky regarding what he thought went wrong on Saturday, and how he intends to fix it. From Anderson I want to learn where we're up to fiscally.
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Accounts not filed, prolonged embargo, takeover of DH's share, Loans at ridiculous interest rates secured against the stadium, loan fees that we are preventing from having not being paid (???), squad in need of strengthening, there really are enough pressing issues that threaten the clubs long term survival that need to be talked about...
BWFC_Insane wrote:Quite. Anderson and son are beginning to seem like they want a piece of the limelight. But I'd rather they sorted out this embargo that has dragged on way too long.
It's not adding much but for the record I agree with all of the above. A good chairman shouldn't comment publicly on playing matters; that's an easy way to create unwanted press. Obviously an anodyne world of media-trained no-comments makes life less interesting, but I don't want the kind of interest created by unnecessarily offering opinions and creating potential rifts between board and coaching staff.

Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I want regular communications from the chairman, filling dead air with opinions. While I'm all for transparency and honesty, I want to hear from the chairman when I need to hear from the chairman, not when he feels the need to bang on.

Put another, perhaps less balanced, way: he's now appointed his wife to the board and has created an official public platform for his opinions. These are not promising signs. On balance, much has gone right under Ken, but some signs are bad.

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:17 am

ken anderson , look at oldham how they lift the embargo and you are still told us that you are working on it .

come on man , do what you are supposed to do as a chairman for our club .

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:29 am

We have reached the point of selling our arse (space) - BWFC's first-ever back-of-shirt sponsors announced...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:51 am

For anyone that's arsed. Eddie Davies is on talksport in abit. Haven't a Scooby what for mind
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:16 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:For anyone that's arsed. Eddie Davies is on talksport in abit. Haven't a Scooby what for mind
If you hear it, please report back. Funny how he's suddenly happy with the limelight!

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:10 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:We have reached the point of selling our arse (space) - BWFC's first-ever back-of-shirt sponsors announced...
And all to fund Trotter's wages for all of a fortnight or something probably. :(

But in these times - and actually whether or not we're going to be permanently brassic forever more - I actually see it as a positive thing that the club's looking into new ways of raising cash. Especially if it's for old rope like this.

And given the cheap and nasty car crash of a logo that's on the front of the shirts at the moment, I don't think we've got much to lose from an aesthetics point of view.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Fancy wanting to sponsor Trotter's arse :shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:38 pm

I haven't a fecking clue as to what the Dickens Spin and Win is?! I take it that the punter spins summat in the hope of winning summat, but exactly what I've no idea.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Is this to be a regular slot from Kenny now?
http://mobile.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 25760.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Kennys post match prezzer!!

I think this one is a thinly veiled dig at allardyce who apparantley had a dig at our crowd (more than his first season in charge) in his programme notes last night.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Is this to be a regular slot from Kenny now?
http://mobile.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 25760.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I read that it's going to be a bi-weekly thing.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'