Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 13, 2017 10:05 am

Marc Iles‏ @MarcIles 18m18 minutes ago
Marc Iles Retweeted Bolton Wanderers FC
But my column didn't go into detail Ken... It simply said the deal hadn't been done. And it hasn't. #bwfc
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 13, 2017 10:08 am

I think Ken needs to count to ten sometimes before posting these. I like the updates but not sure this one has added anything. As Iles points out the deal does not seem to have been done.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat May 13, 2017 10:17 am

Well said Ken....

I'm sick & tired of the ST and Iles constantly having a go / dig at Ken - they should get behind him & the club and be positive instead of always trying to find any excuse to have a go at him.

He's doing everything he can to move the club forward and it appears that he's got the backing of the majority of the supporters & rightly so

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 13, 2017 10:37 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 10:08 am
I think Ken needs to count to ten sometimes before posting these. I like the updates but not sure this one has added anything. As Iles points out the deal does not seem to have been done.
Thinking back, I think I recall there being some "commentary" around SSBWFC " expenses in relation to the takeover and the amount of money that was being paid to Dean in his ongoing role. Wonder if that's the bit at issue? Was over £1m iirc.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat May 13, 2017 10:44 am

Certainly can't knock him, but he is s bit of a teenage girl sometimes.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 13, 2017 10:58 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 10:44 am
Certainly can't knock him, but he is s bit of a teenage girl sometimes.
Yeah, "I wouldn't normally" doesn't tie in with my BWFC brand customer experience at the moment...

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:05 pm

How very tinpot. Could this not have been sorted out in private?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat May 13, 2017 3:20 pm

The man now speaketh too much...is he under pressure? cos he's waffling

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat May 13, 2017 3:35 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 10:17 am
Well said Ken....

I'm sick & tired of the ST and Iles constantly having a go / dig at Ken - they should get behind him & the club and be positive instead of always trying to find any excuse to have a go at him.

He's doing everything he can to move the club forward and it appears that he's got the backing of the majority of the supporters & rightly so
Marc Iles wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't point out inaccuracies in Ken's statements. If only beating Fleetwood Town was enough to convince HMRC that everything is rosy, the way it has for most Bolton fans.

On a slightly different note, I thought Lee Anderson didn't work for the club?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Isn't Sports Shield BWFC the company that was set up to purchase and then own Bolton Wanderers Football Club Limited?

If it is, and there are debts owed by, or charges against, that company, then doesn't it follow that there are then, in effect, debts owed by, or charges against, Bolton Wanderers Football Club Limited simply by dint of them being recorded against the holding company?

And assuming that that is also correct - though I concede that there is a good chance that it might not be, I make no claims to any knowledge of corporate finance - how can it be that those debts are just a matter for Dean Holdsworth and BluMarble to resolve and nothing to do with Bolton Wanderers Football Club Limited, as Ken states?

If Sports Shield BWFC is no longer the holding company then I suppose that that's fair enough, however it must surely still own some shares as per Ken's most recent statement. In which case, the above must still apply, no?

Furthermore, I presume that any loans taken out between BluMarble and Sports Shield BWFC would have been secured against the assets of the football club. Again, if that is that case then it would seem to this layman that that debt would have quite a lot to with Bolton Wanderers Football Club Limited.

Hopefully someone with better knowledge than I, or indeed any knowledge at all, will be along shortly to explain why I have just wasted ten minutes of my time typing all this out.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:52 pm

I should add that I've been relatively happy with Ken in charge up to now, it's just the Sports Shield BWFC debts being nothing to do with the football club bit that confuses me.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 13, 2017 6:39 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 3:35 pm
Marc Iles wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't point out inaccuracies in Ken's statements. If only beating Fleetwood Town was enough to convince HMRC that everything is rosy, the way it has for most Bolton fans.

On a slightly different note, I thought Lee Anderson didn't work for the club?
He doesn't work for the club, he works with the club. Which might sound like pedantic semantics but being in a meeting doesn't mean you work for the company. Clearly he has been very involved in bringing in some of the players, but that doesn't mean he's on the payroll or even a cut. I'm far less concerned about that than his old man's ongoing wrestle with Deano, debtors, HMRC and the High Court.

Nicko: it really depends whether the Sports Shield deal was completed. Iles says it wasn't, Ken says it was. Maybe we'll find out in the High Court a week on Monday.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 13, 2017 9:23 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 4:44 pm
Isn't Sports Shield BWFC the company that was set up to purchase and then own Bolton Wanderers Football Club Limited?

If it is, and there are debts owed by, or charges against, that company, then doesn't it follow that there are then, in effect, debts owed by, or charges against, Bolton Wanderers Football Club Limited simply by dint of them being recorded against the holding company?

And assuming that that is also correct - though I concede that there is a good chance that it might not be, I make no claims to any knowledge of corporate finance - how can it be that those debts are just a matter for Dean Holdsworth and BluMarble to resolve and nothing to do with Bolton Wanderers Football Club Limited, as Ken states?

If Sports Shield BWFC is no longer the holding company then I suppose that that's fair enough, however it must surely still own some shares as per Ken's most recent statement. In which case, the above must still apply, no?

Furthermore, I presume that any loans taken out between BluMarble and Sports Shield BWFC would have been secured against the assets of the football club. Again, if that is that case then it would seem to this layman that that debt would have quite a lot to with Bolton Wanderers Football Club Limited.

Hopefully someone with better knowledge than I, or indeed any knowledge at all, will be along shortly to explain why I have just wasted ten minutes of my time typing all this out.
No. It isn't (quite)... People confuse companies with people - understandably. AnyCo is "owned" by it's shareholders. Our biggest shareholders were
Fildraw (or Ed's other entity Moonshift)...

He flogged his Shareholding for a quid.
Based on the quid, pretty much all the shares (ownership) transferred to Sports shield. Bwfc.( Dean) and Inner Circle (Ken)

The thing their shareholding is related to, isn't one thing either.

There's Burnden Leisure, BWFC Football and Athletics Club, Bilton Whites Hotel, etc..

All clear? :-)

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 9:23 pm
All clear? :-)

Aye, crystal ... :?

Thanks for the explanation. :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 22, 2017 10:28 am

Winding-up petition will be heard at 11.30am; "expected to be adjourned", says BN. That's at the bottom of a story about us not paying Oldham ticket money because they haven't paid for Chris Taylor. Not sure if this is bad news (less likely to sell him to them) or good (give him to them in exchange for the ticket IOU?)

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... stalemate/

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 23, 2017 7:35 am

As expected, court gave more time to sort the deal. Intriguingly SSBWFC are now claiming to have other (non-Ken) interested buyers.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... by_courts/

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 7:35 am
As expected, court gave more time to sort the deal. Intriguingly SSBWFC are now claiming to have other (non-Ken) interested buyers.

Whilst Iles has some editorial in there to clarify, the actual quotes would read more like Ken is trying to bring investment in that will allow the BM loan to be paid off.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 23, 2017 9:53 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 am
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 7:35 am

Whilst Iles has some editorial in there to clarify, the actual quotes would read more like Ken is trying to bring investment in that will allow the BM loan to be paid off.
Interesting. It was 7am when I read it so as ever there's the possibility of operator error, but that's the opposite from how I understood the words. Let's look again at Iles' words:
He [Ken] remains optimistic a swift resolution will be found but could now face competition, with SSBWFC confirming to The Bolton News they too have been in talks with potential investors. It is understood at least three groups have expressed an interest in taking over their shareholding.
And the statement from SSBWFC:
We have been informed by Ken Anderson's lawyers Walker Morris, that they had not been able to reach a financial agreement with BluMarble before today's hearing. However, after discussions with BluMarble over the weekend regarding potential investment and investors showing interest in the club's future, we believe the adjournment will enable the potential investors and legal teams enough time to conclude those negotiations in that time frame given.
I'm still seeing that as a fair chance of non-Kens buying the 47.5% share of a Championship club. Could just be an attempt to force Ken's hand (definitely get the impression now that Deano just wants shut of it) but this might get more complicated yet.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 24, 2017 11:06 am

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/may/a- ... chairman4/

More from Ken. Someone pick the bones out of this as I've seriously lost the plot with what is happening here.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 24, 2017 12:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 11:06 am
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2017/may/a- ... chairman4/

More from Ken. Someone pick the bones out of this as I've seriously lost the plot with what is happening here.
God knows

"The Club does not have a loan from BluMarble - Sportshield does and it is currently in default.

The shareholdings in Bolton Wanderers Football Club stand at 57.5% in favour of Inner Circle Investments and 37.5% in favour of Sports Shield .

Inner Circle Investments recently acquired circa 30% of Sports Shield with a view to assisting in resolving their current issues with BluMarble.

:conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way