Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:55 pm

This is really unbelievable. KA and the players trying to prove whose d*ck is the biggest while the club gets dragged into the Abyss one more time when we are trying to bring in better quality players and sell the club to people who can finance it. The supporters? ...well what about them? They can go to hell it appears... and Phill?

Unbelievable stuff.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:31 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:03 pm
On another note its a disgrace that the players get a bonus for finishing 4th bottom....based on their performances towards the end of the season, they should be fcuking ashamed to strike over 'staying up' bonuses....have they forgot the spineless end of season performances week after week that put us so close to relegation when we were 10 points clear after the Villa game....obviously apart from the Forest game.
Presumably you pick up your wages from work even for the time you spend shitposting on here?

Oh for shame.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:37 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:31 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:03 pm
On another note its a disgrace that the players get a bonus for finishing 4th bottom....based on their performances towards the end of the season, they should be fcuking ashamed to strike over 'staying up' bonuses....have they forgot the spineless end of season performances week after week that put us so close to relegation when we were 10 points clear after the Villa game....obviously apart from the Forest game.
Presumably you pick up your wages from work even for the time you spend shitposting on here?

Oh for shame.
That is the point. How would we all feel? There have been at least 3 or 4 occasions in the last two years that have been reported publicly that wages haven't been paid on time. It is something everyone takes for granted that, whatever line work you are in, you will be paid as stipulated in your employment contract. When that doesn't happen, you get annoyed, complain to your boss, who says "We are having cashflow issues, it will be there next week". At that point most people would be seriously worried and would think about whether they might want to go work somewhere else. When it happens for the 3rd or 4th time, the majority of people would've left. If you are still there and say "enough is enough, this is not acceptable", and get told "STFU it isn't fair we are asked to pay your annual bonus at this time of year, stop moaning", you are in the "stuff your job" and do all you can to publicly embarrass this joke of a company after you leave territory.

It is not acceptable for KA just to delay payments of wages and bonuses seemingly without notice because there are issues. I am sure our finances have been terrible and KA takes all the stress of that, and from his point of view there might be no other option than to mess around with the salary run to try and save himself money that he might not want to lose (albeit temporarily), but he needs to communicate things better. Having players expecting salary in their account and it not being there is the worst case scenario.

Also, Iles is suggesting on twitter that two players weren't paid their June salary, but one of those was paid at 7.30pm last night. How exactly does the payroll system work at BWFC? The payroll is usually an automated process where people get paid, taxes and deductions are collected and readied for payment to the appropriate bodies. How do we have two people being missed, and one mysteriously getting paid when the story breaks, and the other not? And everyone missing their bonuses? Sounds totally amateuerish to me and not befitting an organization the size of BWFC.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Humiliating. And what's worse, it can only negatively affect the potential for investment.

"Why Kenneth, you seem a straight up-and-down chap who won't try to bum me at all. Here's the keys to vault, help yourself."

Christ.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:07 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:27 pm
Humiliating. And what's worse, it can only negatively affect the potential for investment.

"Why Kenneth, you seem a straight up-and-down chap who won't try to bum me at all. Here's the keys to vault, help yourself."

Christ.
And in a Catch 22 scenario, only immediate new ownership could make this mess go away and us appear a viable concern again in time to right the ship before season kicks off.
Parky still wants 8 new players, the timing of this is terrible.
When we stayed up I was so stoked,I thought this is it, our chance to drag ourselves out of the financial/performance mire and reestablish the club. A reset if you will. And it was going good too... then came our two steps back.

Shot ourselves in the foot with a strike and now a public spat. Laughing stock, it was supposed to be other clubs in the financial sh^t this year... The clock is ticking, get fixing.
What could've happened; did.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:42 pm

We're not totally broke. He's made it clear, if you read his statement, that he made a deliberate choice not to pay certain players and not to pay bonuses. There's always enough money to pay him what he's due from the club.

He's trying to make it out as a brave stand against greedy players, but it's actually just how he's always reputed to have done business. He had a rep for not paying creditors long before he came in here, unfortunately it seems to be true.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:17 pm

GOTB I posted this on the transfer thread, so perhaps it was in the wrong topic

But I totally disagree and its not a wind up just an opinion .....you didn't mention this directly so its not connected with your post, but where was this so called team spirit, player togetherness, when they capitulated, couldn't be arsed at Burton away ?

I just wish they would show the same passion on the pitch....tell you what, lets set up a crowd fund to help the poor, destitute fcukers pay their mortgage....player discussion - hey mate, I'm down to my last £2M in the bank, lets strike (I don't care about the 200 or so fans who have travelled, booked hotels etc), because Ken said that he'll only pay our 'just avoided relegation' bonus for being the 4th shittest team in the league on Monday, and I need it today....

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Most of the lads who play for us are better off than the average person, but they still have bills to meet and contracts with them still have to be honoured. "Oh, he has more than I do so sod him" might make you feel better, but it's not how a club should be run. Otherwise why shouldn't any club just decide one day they don't want to pay their players, because they're all rich?

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:47 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:22 pm
Most of the lads who play for us are better off than the average person, but they still have bills to meet and contracts with them still have to be honoured. "Oh, he has more than I do so sod him" might make you feel better, but it's not how a club should be run. Otherwise why shouldn't any club just decide one day they don't want to pay their players, because they're all rich?
The very fact that people have enough ammunition for an ongoing argument is the actual problem. Airing our dirty laundry in public is the very problem. Right and wrong and whose fault it is are secondary issues here, the bigger picture is our reputation is in tatters.

This omnishambles should have all been handled behind the scenes. Now Ken is stoking the fire and the story has legs. Amateurish. Their coms manager must be pulling their hair out (BTW I actually applied for that position once).

We're in a dicey situation already. Mudslinging achieves nothing good. Let's hope Joao Tex can't read English...
Cause Parkie still wants 8 players and unless new ownership jumps in their quality has likely nosedived.

Now we'll likely live and die by the quality of our loanees... Need to unearth a couple of gems there.
What could've happened; did.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:17 pm
But...where was this so called team spirit, player togetherness, when they capitulated, couldn't be arsed at Burton away ?

F*ck knows, though the team selection probably didn't help. Thankfully, it reappeared the following Saturday at 2-1 down with ten minutes to go.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:06 am

In all honesty, it's unlikely to affect many of the signings we were after. This argument is about the chairman being a dick, not us having no money - that's another issue. We are mostly signing players who have a degree of desperation to them and maybe facing a bonus delay down the road probably won't alter that dynamic too much. There's the potential it derails one or two, but bargain basement players aren't usually awash with decent options.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:37 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:01 pm
He could just fecking pay them what he owes them. There is always that option. The spiv cnut. They've got form.
This.

Though, what if they've no money to actually pay them?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:37 am
Prufrock wrote:
He could just fecking pay them what he owes them. There is always that option. The spiv cnut. They've got form.
This.

This should be the one year we are able to pay our dues. With the Madine transfer (£5m up front according to Warnock), and the subsequent promotion bonus (in excess of £1m according to the BEN), we should have made a slight profit if what Ken said at the November Q&A was correct (he forecasted the club was due to lose £5m-£6m, long before Madine became a £6m+ player).

We will also very shortly have money coming in from concerts and hosting the Rugby that we haven't had in previous years. And we have the new naming right s deal that might provide some additional revenue.

Ken did suggest in his aggressive riposte that the bonuses were set up to be paid on Monday. It seems hard to suggest the issue is we don't have the funds. And if it is, one would have the right to ask, how on earth are we ever going to pay a contractual bonus in the future, given most contracts are likely to continue to end at the end of June?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:04 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:37 am
Prufrock wrote:
This.

This should be the one year we are able to pay our dues. With the Madine transfer (£5m up front according to Warnock), and the subsequent promotion bonus (in excess of £1m according to the BEN), we should have made a slight profit if what Ken said at the November Q&A was correct (he forecasted the club was due to lose £5m-£6m, long before Madine became a £6m+ player).

We will also very shortly have money coming in from concerts and hosting the Rugby that we haven't had in previous years. And we have the new naming right s deal that might provide some additional revenue.

Ken did suggest in his aggressive riposte that the bonuses were set up to be paid on Monday. It seems hard to suggest the issue is we don't have the funds. And if it is, one would have the right to ask, how on earth are we ever going to pay a contractual bonus in the future, given most contracts are likely to continue to end at the end of June?
The Madine money was swallowed up last season. Covering the losses. Then in September the repayments on BM loan start and I believe PbP loan kicks in even before then.

Suspect like last season the pot is empty, due to cashflow and our close to the wind situation. Ultimately Ken has had to find a way of putting more in the pot.

It is a shambles, but the airing of dirty linen in public by both sides isn't helping. We know Ken is a hard nosed administrator in effect running the club as tightly as possible until someone steps in and takes over with some cash. We know that he pushes that to the limit continually. But unless someone chips in, I imagine he sees little alternative. The players clearly are fed up, but at the same time, I feel KA was right to point out that many re-signed this summer and didn't voice their concern then. Seems like communication is a major issue. I'm sure Ken could have headed this off with a proper piece of communication to the players, but he obviously chose to stay on holiday instead. Nobody has done the club any favours in this episode. Clearly the players wanted to highlight how bad things are, but between them and Ken's response I feel that we might as well start prepping for league one. The only thing this club had was spirit, but now even that is publically eroded.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:20 am

Well the Madine promotion bonus could only have been paid since the end of the season, and it wasn't guaranteed so I am not sure that would have been swallowed up. We should have made a small profit on last season, and KA has said that the bonuses amount to 2.5% of the wage bill. Even if we assume the wage bill has increased from the £12.6m in the last accounts, the bonus payment should be around £400k. We should have made that in profit. If we haven't then we do have additional revenue that we haven't had in previous seasons with the concerts and the rugby.

The Blumarble and PBP loans do present a big challenge going forward. I am expecting this season to be tough financially. Right now we have made a £3m-£4m saving on the wage bill from last season. If Amos goes to Ipswich that could be an additional saving. It wouldn't totally surprise me if we don't sign too many more senior players, though that would leave us very vulnerable.

I feel all is not lost. It is important that this gets resolved in the coming days, then it might all be forgotten. If we sign Texeira, then together with Oztumer and Ameobi we could have some real quality going forward, with the potential for a lot more chances and goals than last season.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:36 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:20 am
Well the Madine promotion bonus could only have been paid since the end of the season, and it wasn't guaranteed so I am not sure that would have been swallowed up. We should have made a small profit on last season, and KA has said that the bonuses amount to 2.5% of the wage bill. Even if we assume the wage bill has increased from the £12.6m in the last accounts, the bonus payment should be around £400k. We should have made that in profit. If we haven't then we do have additional revenue that we haven't had in previous seasons with the concerts and the rugby.

The Blumarble and PBP loans do present a big challenge going forward. I am expecting this season to be tough financially. Right now we have made a £3m-£4m saving on the wage bill from last season. If Amos goes to Ipswich that could be an additional saving. It wouldn't totally surprise me if we don't sign too many more senior players, though that would leave us very vulnerable.

I feel all is not lost. It is important that this gets resolved in the coming days, then it might all be forgotten. If we sign Texeira, then together with Oztumer and Ameobi we could have some real quality going forward, with the potential for a lot more chances and goals than last season.
Madine promotion bonus would be paid this month. So it wouldn't have been there to use for the June salaries!

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:52 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:36 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Madine promotion bonus would be paid this month. So it wouldn't have been there to use for the June salaries!
This article is dated 23rd May, and suggests it had already been paid.

http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/cardi ... ut-madine/

The point is though that this summer, of all recent summers, should be the least problematic in terms of cash flow.

With regards to the PBP loan I have always wondered why we don't offer Michael James to convert his loan into equity. Anyone who is apparently supportive of the club, as KA has said, and has £5.5m available to buy the offices and car parks, is a guy who seems handy to have involved. There can't be many (anyone imho) apart from him who could get involved financially with the club whilst KA stays in his current role?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:59 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:52 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:36 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

This article is dated 23rd May, and suggests it had already been paid.

http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/cardi ... ut-madine/

The point is though that this summer, of all recent summers, should be the least problematic in terms of cash flow.

With regards to the PBP loan I have always wondered why we don't offer Michael James to convert his loan into equity. Anyone who is apparently supportive of the club, as KA has said, and has £5.5m available to buy the offices and car parks, is a guy who seems handy to have involved. There can't be many (anyone imho) apart from him who could get involved financially with the club whilst KA stays in his current role?
Ken doesn't want to give away equity when he's looking to sell the club and pocket 5-10M himself. And he's not put a single penny in. Not a bad outcome if he pulls it off, especially given his £265K salary last year too.

I'm not criticising Ken beyond the fact that his response on our website has made everything 10 times worse.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:13 am

Yep, he has indicated that he likes it here though. I always get the impression his ideal would be to stay in his current role, while having a benefactor behind the scenes, however unrealistic that may be. You could well be right though, throughout his time in football he has always been the agent/middleman. And £5m-£10m from us must look pretty amazing from his point of view.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:15 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:13 am
Yep, he has indicated that he likes it here though. I always get the impression his ideal would be to stay in his current role, while having a benefactor behind the scenes, however unrealistic that may be. You could well be right though, throughout his time in football he has always been the agent/middleman. And £5m-£10m from us must look pretty amazing from his point of view.
I think he'd love to pocket 5M and retain a £265K a year salary. That may be his ideal, it may also be a tactic for driving up the price he can get. Saying you're desperate to sell isn't a good look I guess.