Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23359
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 13, 2019 8:52 am

knobpolisher wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:07 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:12 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:07 am
^^ I'm still with the Dingdangdo stadium out of all the one's I've seen so far! :-)
As any true Bolton fan will be. It's the one.! :)
I am guessing Worthy made a typo.
:oops:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8222
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon May 13, 2019 11:05 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:52 am
knobpolisher wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:07 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:12 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:07 am
^^ I'm still with the Dingdangdo stadium out of all the one's I've seen so far! :-)
As any true Bolton fan will be. It's the one.! :)
I am guessing Worthy made a typo.
:oops:
I always thought Dave Higson said ding DANG do! :oyea:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23359
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 13, 2019 11:19 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvSp2xSi_w[/youtube]

About 7:30 clearly says Ding Dang Do....I think ding dong do was a Peter Kay-ism and others....

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17247
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 13, 2019 11:27 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:05 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:52 am
knobpolisher wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:07 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:12 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:07 am
^^ I'm still with the Dingdangdo stadium out of all the one's I've seen so far! :-)
As any true Bolton fan will be. It's the one.! :)
I am guessing Worthy made a typo.
:oops:
I always thought Dave Higson said ding DANG do! :oyea:
It's a common conception. I can't say whether it's a misconception as I've never carefully listened to every Higgy tape for evidence. "A ding-dong do" makes more sense - "ding-dong" as an adjective implying knockabout, boxing, and interestingly an archaic word for a party.

Higgy was so lovably bonkers he could have said anything, but I suspect Paddy McGuinness of starting the ding-dang-do thing.

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Enoch » Mon May 13, 2019 11:46 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:19 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvSp2xSi_w[/youtube]

About 7:30 clearly says Ding Dang Do....I think ding dong do was a Peter Kay-ism and others....

On this one, 4 seconds in, again at 6 seconds by McGinlay and then at 20 seconds 4:37 & 4:57 by the man himself. It's a ding-dong-do, thrice, at least!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23359
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:46 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:19 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvSp2xSi_w[/youtube]

About 7:30 clearly says Ding Dang Do....I think ding dong do was a Peter Kay-ism and others....

On this one, 4 seconds in, again at 6 seconds by McGinlay and then at 20 seconds 4:37 & 4:57 by the man himself. It's a ding-dong-do, thrice, at least!
Whatever!

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Enoch » Mon May 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:43 pm
Enoch wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:46 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:19 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvSp2xSi_w[/youtube]

About 7:30 clearly says Ding Dang Do....I think ding dong do was a Peter Kay-ism and others....

On this one, 4 seconds in, again at 6 seconds by McGinlay and then at 20 seconds 4:37 & 4:57 by the man himself. It's a ding-dong-do, thrice, at least!
Whatever!
:D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23359
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 13, 2019 12:55 pm

It's probably stemmed from the Indonesian dingin daong doa which is cold only prayer - or "only cold prayers" if you prefer...

As in "this is a proper only cold prayers do" so should really be a ding dang do do.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17247
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 13, 2019 2:00 pm

Meanwhile, should we be intrigued that it's gone weirdly quiet on admin? Iles' morning piece says "today or tomorrow", Nixon's gone to ground...

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 13, 2019 2:03 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:00 pm
Meanwhile, should we be intrigued that it's gone weirdly quiet on admin? Iles' morning piece says "today or tomorrow", Nixon's gone to ground...
Not really. It's like everything in this country at the moment: paralysis reigns.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by jimbo » Mon May 13, 2019 3:29 pm

Club statement time - we’re in admin, filed by Fildraw rather than Ken.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17247
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 13, 2019 3:34 pm

jimbo wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:29 pm
Club statement time - we’re in admin, filed by Fildraw rather than Ken.
Indeed. Sounds like the grown-ups are back in the building.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/st ... ball-club/
Paul Appleton and Asher Miller of David Rubin & Partners have today been appointed as Joint Administrators of Bolton Wanderers Football & Athletic Club (BWFC) and Burnden Leisure Limited (BLL) in the High Court of Justice.

Both appointments were made following the Notices of Intention to appoint administrators filed by Fildraw Limited last week, which followed a long period of uncertainty since the presentation of a petition by HMRC.

Fildraw Limited is a company through which the Trust representing the family of the late Eddie Davies lent substantial sums to the club.

The decision was finally made for the appointments which it is hoped will ensure the continued existence of the club, one of the founding members of the Football League.

Paul Appleton said: "This has obviously been a long-running situation and it is vitally important that we quickly establish the position of both the football club and the holding company.

"It has got to the stage where the Trust could not sit back and allow the club to go into liquidation. Decisive action had to be taken and the Trust believes the decision is in the best interests of Bolton Wanderers."

"Everybody at the club as well as the supporters need a sense of clarity and that is what I will be seeking to provide as quickly as possible."

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23359
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 13, 2019 3:35 pm

I never thought I'd say this, but it's a relief to get that statement - at this point - that also means no more Kolumn inches methinks...

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17247
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:35 pm
I never thought I'd say this, but it's a relief to get that statement - at this point - that also means no more Kolumn inches methinks...
He might start a blog.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23359
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 13, 2019 3:46 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:36 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:35 pm
I never thought I'd say this, but it's a relief to get that statement - at this point - that also means no more Kolumn inches methinks...
He might start a blog.
I might start hunting witches...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23359
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 13, 2019 3:53 pm

We're fooking domed. They're both Arsenal supporters...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8222
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon May 13, 2019 4:18 pm

Dos this mean Ken's fecked off?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23359
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:18 pm
Dos this mean Ken's fecked off?
Not really - he's still a Director unless he's resigned (or the Administrator removes him)...he's just limited in what he can actually do - he actually has no ability to exercise any management powers...So he couldn't (I don't think) put out a counter-statement on the Club website...

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17247
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:28 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:18 pm
Dos this mean Ken's fecked off?
Not really - he's still a Director unless he's resigned (or the Administrator removes him)...he's just limited in what he can actually do - he actually has no ability to exercise any management powers...So he couldn't (I don't think) put out a counter-statement on the Club website...
Well, he *shouldn't*. I guess he could, if he knew the CMS password or could persuade someone to do it for him.

But perhaps he knows his limits.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25940
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 13, 2019 4:36 pm

Paul Appleton...administrator at Coventry....google makes for some interesting reading....

This. Is. Only. The. Beginning.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests