FA Cup 3rd rd

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: FA Cup 3rd rd

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:55 am

What, no predictions on our chances of beating an elite Premier League team...?? :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:25 pm

I had problems logging in last day or so?

Anyway I was confident, above, way before the midfield dissapeared. Sounds like Karacan and Derik with Jeff King in there today. It’s far too weak for a premier league reserve side. A respectable 0-2.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:24 pm

Can't imagine what team we are going to put out. I've read Vela struggling and Madine has some knocks that need resting. I can see other s such as Wheater being rested. So maybe 4-5-1:

Howard; Darby, Dervite, Beevers, Robinson; Derik, Karacan, Morais; Noone, Buckley, Wilbraham.

On the other hand ALF should surely play in this. So maybe 3-5-2:

Howard; Darby, Dervite, Beevers; Little, Derik, Karacan, Morais, Robinson; ALF, Wilbraham.

King, Earing, Hall to be on the bench.

A win would be good for morale and for the chances of getting a money spinner next round. They will be playing a reserve side I imagine. Can only see defeat here, our side just won't be good enough I feel. 0-3 but hope for a lucky 1-0. COYW.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:55 am
What, no predictions on our chances of beating an elite Premier League team...?? :(
A dull-as-ditch water 1-1 apiece draw and a replay that nobody wants. Happy now? :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:02 pm

I hope that this fellow turns up and has a blast over the Tannoy :lol:

Cretinous individual alert.

:nws:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Looks like 442 to me:

Howard, Little, Wheater, Beevers, Jedi, Morais, Vela, Derik, Sammy, ALF, Wilbraham.

Bold!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:02 pm

Daughter and grandaughter visiting this afternoon. Come in where I can. COME ON YOU WHITES.... :oyea:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:05 pm

I'm approx fifteen minutes behind time. About to enter the no mobile signal zone. Why are footie stadiums shit at supplying/boosting a signal in this day and age?
Have no expectations of a victory and am just looking forward to watching and enjoying a game of football. Been a while since I last had that simple pleasure. Even if it's 0-10 all I want this after is entertainment, please.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:09 pm

zero shots on target from either team, how's that entertainment working out LLS? Ho hum, sounds a bit shit. Hope we can sneak one 2nd half (and not get Josh sent off/injured). Come on Wanderers ffs

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:13 pm

FFS (note caps this time). 0-2, two goals two minutes. Night then

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Derrrrrriiiiik!

Knew that lad had it in him!

2-1

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:05 pm
About to enter the no mobile signal zone. Why are footie stadiums shit at supplying/boosting a signal in this day and age?
You know how the National Grid has power stations on standby for when everyone puts the kettle on after Coronation Street? Well, imagine the pull on the WiFi when 25,000 fans check the scores at half-time.

But some clubs do make an effort: https://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/St ... nd-new-app

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:09 pm
zero shots on target from either team, how's that entertainment working out LLS? Ho hum, sounds a bit shit. Hope we can sneak one 2nd half (and not get Josh sent off/injured). Come on Wanderers ffs
First half was as boring as boring can be. Second half wasn't to bad, entertainmentwise. Pity we lost, but it gave me a stress free afternoon of football, so I'm happy enough.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:10 pm

Anyone who watched that game can instantly see how crucial Madine is to us. Le Fondre and Wilbraham were both utterly immobile and dreadful. Not sure either managed to make the ball stick once. Both abject.

Midfield another problem. Desperately need an addition or two in there this week. Vela looks lost in midfield.

We played 4-4-2 and hence entirely surrendered too much midfield to a very poor Huddersfield side. Not too bothered about today. But the squad looks seriously light.

Huddersfield’s team today looked like a bottom of the championship style team and they still beat us without breaking sweat.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:10 pm
Anyone who watched that game can instantly see how crucial Madine is to us. Le Fondre and Wilbraham were both utterly immobile and dreadful. Not sure either managed to make the ball stick once. Both abject.

Midfield another problem. Desperately need an addition or two in there this week. Vela looks lost in midfield.

We played 4-4-2 and hence entirely surrendered too much midfield to a very poor Huddersfield side. Not too bothered about today. But the squad looks seriously light.

Huddersfield’s team today looked like a bottom of the championship style team and they still beat us without breaking sweat.
I won't argue with any of that. But, we weren't seriously competing today, just limiting what could have been disastrous outcomes.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:24 pm

Dreadful first half - came to life in the second. Given the way in which Howard had flung himself to his left as their 2nd went in to his right I assume it took a massive deflection (we were side-on to it).

Two things - If it wasn't obvious to Parky during the Hull game that Ameobi is desperate for a rest then he can have been left in no doubt whatsoever this afternoon. The guy's dead on his feet. When he isn't getting caught in possession he's either smacking it up to their CBs or putting it into touch whilst under no pressure.

The other thing is that if we can't keep hold of Madine then Wilbraham is most certainly not the answer. I was quite hopeful when I saw that he was playing up top in a two with ALF, knocking it down to the little fella and all of that. I don't think he won the ball all afternoon, and subsequently ALF barely got a touch.

Six months ago I'd have driven Madine to any club of his choosing - now I readily admit that without him were as good as gone.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:24 pm
Dreadful first half - came to life in the second. Given the way in which Howard had flung himself to his left as their 2nd went in to his right I assume it took a massive deflection (we were side-on to it).
Managed to catch some bits of the action on radio and mic man says Wheater was fouled before that speculative distance shot went in and he did claim the deflection was massive and Howard had no chance. He was also far from complimentary on the official handling in general and East's refereeing in particular. Views?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:24 pm

Two things - If it wasn't obvious to Parky during the Hull game that Ameobi is desperate for a rest then he can have been left in no doubt whatsoever this afternoon. The guy's dead on his feet. When he isn't getting caught in possession he's either smacking it up to their CBs or putting it into touch whilst under no pressure.

The other thing is that if we can't keep hold of Madine then Wilbraham is most certainly not the answer. I was quite hopeful when I saw that he was playing up top in a two with ALF, knocking it down to the little fella and all of that. I don't think he won the ball all afternoon, and subsequently ALF barely got a touch.

Six months ago I'd have driven Madine to any club of his choosing - now I readily admit that without him were as good as gone.
Indeed. ALF can do one for me though. Offers the square root of feck all. And I thought was incredibly lazy today. At least try and put some pressure on, it’s not like Wilbraham can do that without needing a hip replacement after.

It was so frustrating watching two up front combined do less work than Madine gets through in 90 minutes.

If anyone wants to take ALF or Wilbraham off our hands I will drive them there myself.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:30 pm

The ref was thoroughly inconsistent in both his decision-making and his interpretation of what does and doesn't merit a card. That big lump at 44 for them should've been off in the 2nd half (they subsequently substituted him straight after). The lino on our side clearly doesn't understand that the whole of the ball has to be over the whole of the line for it to be out (effected both sides).

Definitely a foul on Wheater for their second goal. Highlights here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42519388

Wheater's leg after said foul;

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Is Karacan dead?