FA Cup 3rd rd

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: FA Cup 3rd rd

Post by twilight » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:28 am

I agree, I don't want this diversion. Get them out of this cup!!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:57 am

On the other hand, win here and we'll all wonder what the fuss is about.

Extra time is a massive no though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:00 am

officer_dibble wrote:On the other hand, win here and we'll all wonder what the fuss is about.

Extra time is a massive no though.
Good for money. But beat Palace then we have a far more important and equally tough game at Southend.

Bottom line. Lose at Southend and we could be 8 points adrift. That starts to look pretty tough.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:03 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Play the reserves. lose and get out of this competition....otherwise it will hinder our League 1 form.

Our players are not strong enough they are still mentally weak, and any progress in the cup will just give them further excuses as to why we lose in league 1 to the like of Chesterfield, Oxford, Swindon etc....
It's one game. That's all. Get our best side out and give it a go. We need money and this is our opportunity to claw some in.
May the bridges I burn light your way

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Play the reserves. lose and get out of this competition....otherwise it will hinder our League 1 form.

Our players are not strong enough they are still mentally weak, and any progress in the cup will just give them further excuses as to why we lose in league 1 to the like of Chesterfield, Oxford, Swindon etc....
It's one game. That's all. Get our best side out and give it a go. We need money and this is our opportunity to claw some in.

Bruce, you're talking to much sense for PT! stop it :D
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:00 pm

Did us no harm last time we were in this division. I don't go for this either or thing with cups. Plus we probably won't go up automatically anyway because we lack goalscorers. Good cup run plus playoff win will do me!

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:43 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Did us no harm last time we were in this division. I don't go for this either or thing with cups. Plus we probably won't go up automatically anyway because we lack goalscorers. Good cup run plus playoff win will do me!
As you mention it, this happened twenty-four years ago on the Friday just gone:

'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:51 am

I'll just mention sporting Lisbon. That bit of rest for first teamers worked wonders.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:53 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'll just mention sporting Lisbon. That bit of rest for first teamers worked wonders.
We stayed up. So who knows?

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Pay on the day confirmed: http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 22454.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'll just mention sporting Lisbon. That bit of rest for first teamers worked wonders.
We stayed up. So who knows?
Indeed, but the match we saved ourselves for was a shocker. Give a couple of players a break that need it and stick out a good side and give it a go. Confidence breads confidence and any sort of momentum is good.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:42 pm

He likes a cup run, does Parky.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:24 pm

HMX wrote:Pay on the day confirmed: http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 22454.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great. I'm in.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:30 pm

Was hoping I'd be able to catch a bit of national coverage tonight, but BBC 1 and Radio 5 are both covering the Lincoln v Ipswich game, and Sports Extra's at Wimbledon v Sutton. :whack:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:07 pm

No changes. Parky does realise he isnt legally required to pick the same team for every game?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:22 pm

No idea who kaikai is but the palace team should be strong enough to win by two or three to be honest. Particularly if Remy is a bit fitter than the home game.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:26 pm

officer_dibble wrote:No idea who kaikai is but the palace team should be strong enough to win by two or three to be honest. Particularly if Remy is a bit fitter than the home game.
I believe that we tried to sign him on loan once. He's a quite highly-rated, pacy winger from what I remember.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:28 pm

I can only assume that the board / chairman have put some pressure on PP to pick his strongest side, to try & get through to a money spinner against City.

In my opinion its a stupid decision to risk injuries / suspensions etc....he / they (the Anderson's) must be putting the cup above automatic promotion - I honestly don't care about the result tonight, I just hope that we don't lose players for more important League games or put our 1st team players through extra time....I'm sure that he could have picked the likes of Proctor, C Taylor, Derik, Clayton, Moxey, Trotter etc....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:I can only assume that the board / chairman have put some pressure on PP to pick his strongest side, to try & get through to a money spinner against City.

In my opinion its a stupid decision to risk injuries / suspensions etc....he / they (the Anderson's) must be putting the cup above automatic promotion - I honestly don't care about the result tonight, I just hope that we don't lose players for more important League games or put our 1st team players through extra time....I'm sure that he could have picked the likes of Proctor, C Taylor, Derik, Clayton, Moxey, Trotter etc....
Can't really win. Pick a weakened team and people go mental. As we've seen in the past.

I broadly agree we should be prioritising the league, but I guess it's tough to give up when you've worked hard for a replay.

I doubt it's pressure, Parky has always taken the major cups fairly seriously as far as I can tell.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Meanwhile,in great expectation land, Dick Barton finished for tonight, me and Alfie (the dog) are crouched over the catpaw scratcher, fresh cup of Brooke Bond with a dash of Soberano Spanish in, rose coloured shades firmly in place on noses....So....COME ON YOU WHITES.. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?