FA Cup 3rd rd

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: FA Cup 3rd rd

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:15 pm

^ Interesting article and shows up a few points. I'm sure Sam will get a decent reception anyway, as I expect Chungy to do.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:35 pm

Kevin Davies should keep his bloody mouth shut. Just like his wife, he wastes no opportunity to gibber on about Bolton. Kevin mate, we've moved on. Yes things have been shit. But that's what happens to mid sized football clubs. Get your tongue out of Big Sam's arse and make a useful contribution somewhere. Instead of constantly bleating on with the same old stuff.

Ultimately what happened under Sam was not sustainable in the long run whether he stayed or not. It's just the way football is.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Kevin Davies should keep his bloody mouth shut. Just like his wife, he wastes no opportunity to gibber on about Bolton. Kevin mate, we've moved on. Yes things have been shit. But that's what happens to mid sized football clubs. Get your tongue out of Big Sam's arse and make a useful contribution somewhere. Instead of constantly bleating on with the same old stuff.

Ultimately what happened under Sam was not sustainable in the long run whether he stayed or not. It's just the way football is.
Erm possibly.

With hindsight of course, was what happened, i.e. throwing money at an ultimately failed quest of Premiership survival, any more sustainable than giving Sam more to try and get us into the CL?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Kevin Davies should keep his bloody mouth shut. Just like his wife, he wastes no opportunity to gibber on about Bolton. Kevin mate, we've moved on. Yes things have been shit. But that's what happens to mid sized football clubs. Get your tongue out of Big Sam's arse and make a useful contribution somewhere. Instead of constantly bleating on with the same old stuff.

But neither should it be struck from the history books.

Do get over yourself. Whichever way you look at it, I wasn't watching Bolton to hear you (or I) jibber jabber on about it. I was watching amongst others, Kevin Davies.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:39 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Do get over yourself. Whichever way you look at it, I wasn't watching Bolton to hear you (or I) jibber jabber on about it. I was watching amongst others, Kevin Davies.
I don't mind recalling fantastic times. I do mind the one sided view on events portrayed. Especially as it has been rehashed so many times it is pointless. And there is no mention that we are actually, you know doing well this season so far.

He also doesn't seem keen to remind us how much he got paid by the club to be shite for the last couple of years he was here. I'm surprised he didn't remind everyone when his birthday was.

Just pops up every now and again to have a go at the club. feck him. He's a blade anyway.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I don't mind recalling fantastic times. I do mind the one sided view on events portrayed. Especially as it has been rehashed so many times it is pointless. And there is no mention that we are actually, you know doing well this season so far.

He also doesn't seem keen to remind us how much he got paid by the club to be shite for the last couple of years he was here. I'm surprised he didn't remind everyone when his birthday was.

Just pops up every now and again to have a go at the club. feck him. He's a blade anyway.
Yeah, I mean he wouldn't have been just answering the questions the Journo put, now would he? You know Journo, thinks great Allardyce is going back to Bolton so I'll put a piece together about that.

If we only employed footballers who supported Bolton, we'd have been pretty thin on the ground for World Class players - you think Djorkaeff knocks one out for Frank Worthington every night?

Kevin Davies was worth pretty much every penny he got (in so far as footballers could be put in that category) - quit fcking whinging like a woman scorned. :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Yeah, I mean he wouldn't have been just answering the questions the Journo put, now would he? You know Journo, thinks great Allardyce is going back to Bolton so I'll put a piece together about that.

If we only employed footballers who supported Bolton, we'd have been pretty thin on the ground for World Class players - you think Djorkaeff knocks one out for Frank Worthington every night?

Kevin Davies was worth pretty much every penny he got (in so far as footballers could be put in that category) - quit fcking whinging like a woman scorned. :-)
Every time I hear him he's slagging the club off. All he seems to do. Like his wife. The main target has died. Hasn't stopped them.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Every time I hear him he's slagging the club off. All he seems to do. Like his wife. The main target has died. Hasn't stopped them.
Get a grip, all that comes out from that article was your mate, the chairman and top fan was full of crap and it really does make me wonder just who was responsible for Lisbon, Gartside or Megson?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Get a grip, all that comes out from that article was your mate, the chairman and top fan was full of crap and it really does make me wonder just who was responsible for Lisbon, Gartside or Megson?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Alnwick, Wilson, Wheater, Beevers, Taylor, Henry, Vela, Clough, Madine

Subs: Turner, Moxey, Proctor, Taylor, Derik, Trotter, Clayton
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:33 pm

And we're up against this lot:

Speroni, Ward, Kelly, Delaney, Fryers, Flamini, Mutch, Lesley, Lee, Campbell, Remy

Subs: Perntreou, Tomkins, Cabaye, Townsend, Kaikai, Husain, Wan-Bissaka

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:51 pm

Que sera,sera. We can but get out there and give it our best. So..COME ON YOU WHITES.... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:56 pm

All the chat on Tower is fluctuating (good word that) around all the games. We don't care about that and Zico is preaching battle words. Some good defending probably needed, but a desire to get at us might just leave them a bit open at the back. A Madine day, a Clayton super-sub strike....who knows, but let's get stuck into em....Couple of mins now and.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:02 pm

We go....after all the sales chat on Tower, that is. What will YOU buy..? Oh, sorry..hypnotised.... :D Anyway, we're off.

And micman kicks off with a mention of Bury (no surprise). Top tiers shut apparently, but plenty noise as we start. Palace in red and blue and Wilson gets our first throw...Throw them now and they visit but Ben is the man with the ball. They visit again and Campbell manages to be not offside then we sally forth and.....and....we get a throw...

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Nicko58 wrote:Alnwick, Wilson, Wheater, Beevers, Taylor, Henry, Vela, Clough, Madine

Wow only nine players that's confidence
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Chungy gets his first mention before some to and fro ends in a well-wide shot from the visitors. Throw them, Ward and..they come forth again we clear. They come again and ...mic men have a chat and...they have another then....Chungy comes at us but that ends with their keeper. Henry goes then it goes back and a wallop sends the leather into Palace territory. Flamini, Chungy, Reme and....offside. Free kick us.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:07 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:Alnwick, Wilson, Wheater, Beevers, Taylor, Henry, Vela, Clough, Madine

Wow only nine players that's confidence
Alright, smartarse. :D

Alnwick, Wilson, Wheater, Beevers, Taylor, Spearing, Thorpe, Henry, Vela, Clough, Madine

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:08 pm

Spearing and Clough try, they get a throw, it ends back with Ben as their man has a moan about rough stuff. Clough, Thorpe, Wilson, Henry, Wilson again and...the Palace lot are all at home in their den. Sheffield go one up in the league...and.....ohhhhh, Speroni makes a good save from Henry.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:13 pm

First shot of note comes from us. Thorpe nods it out then they visit. Spearing Henry, they recover it, Reme goes offside. And......Henry is looking sharp says micman. We go to Bury, they go one down to Scunthorpe..chaaa..Right, in proper football to and fro and back and forth and Chungy knocks it out for our corner and.....the ball beats everybody.
Mention of big Sam from the micmen then we have a bit of position and....Henry makes their keeper save a shot.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:19 pm

A Speroni wallop and then they have a throw. We get a throw now and Clough has a do but it;s cleared. Throw us near our area and...some scores and.....some more scores and.....mic man rambles on. Now, Madine, Ledley, cleared, Spearings sends Clough away, and.....and.....Henry again as he gets a header in that he thinks he could have done better with. Loud bang goes off from somewhere?? carpark?? anyway, Bolton are getting the good words and....Madine gives one away. Free them and we clear. Madine geting ragged about but to no avail. They came again and....we get a free on halfway. Taylor and...another bang...then...Spearing, Thorpe and....ohhhh Vela and one drifts just over their bar.