Saturdays are becoming enjoyable once more

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Saturdays are becoming enjoyable once more

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:21 pm

After a number of years of disappointment, I now look forward to following RadioTango and the BBC. We have gained 27 points on Bury in just 10 games - that must really shake the Shakers! We have given up only 12 goals and most of them early doors (Fortress Macron?). The Academy has come through with some good young players (Pru will remember their names I expect). Madine has gone from zero to hero in one night. PT and the insane one are no longer so gloomy and depressed. Crazy Horse's grundies are staying relatively clean. While it might not be the European tour days revisited, Saturdays are becoming fun.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Saturdays are becoming enjoyable once more

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:31 pm

Monty's right. I now go to games with a feeling of excited anticipation rather than grudging duty.

I mean, we haven't yet played consistently breathtaking, Rioch/Todd two-wingers balls-out-attack stuff, but there's something to be loved in our current style and substance. As an older man, and as a coach, I can take a lot of enjoyment from watching us do (as our talented young players Boris and Pru frequently delineate) the semi-hidden things so right so frequently. Clean sheets don't happen by accident, and Parky's attention to detail and simple repetition are working as well as anything I've seen in a long while.

What that translates to is that at a game, I can sit back relatively unworried. It helps when we're winning, and I'm perfectly aware that this post will bite me in the arse at some point, but I don't care. I've been to six away games this season and we've won five, the last three of them to nil. That's f*ck-all to do with luck, it's hard work and team work.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:14 pm

It's to do with me not being there DSB. Been to 3 away and lost them all.
Bastard.

PS bring on Chesterfield!

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Thanks to PP and his team, an outbreak of that rare blood disorder #travelsillymilestoseemyteamplay is threatening to occur. Will be at the Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe games, fighting an impulse to try and drop lots of things and go to Chesterfield. Having a decent manager is everything I find...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote:It's to do with me not being there DSB. Been to 3 away and lost them all.
Bastard.

PS bring on Chesterfield!
Cheers

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:33 pm

fecking LE
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:35 pm

:hang: