Boxing Clever...Shrewsbury Home 26th Dec.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Boxing Clever...Shrewsbury Home 26th Dec.

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:13 pm

I think that Newcastle have seen how much we want and need Ameobi and are playing the game beautifully. We're over a barrel and they know it. They're going to try and sell him to us now rather than let him come here for nowt next summer. And I can't say I blame them either.
Businesswoman of the year.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:34 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I think that Newcastle have seen how much we want and need Ameobi and are playing the game beautifully. We're over a barrel and they know it. They're going to try and sell him to us now rather than let him come here for nowt next summer. And I can't say I blame them either.
It'd be a bit daft of them to try sell him to us whilst we're still under a transfer embargo though, surely?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:50 pm

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/foo ... -1-8313077

No idea if this a reliable source or just repeating Twitterers.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:57 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:I think that Newcastle have seen how much we want and need Ameobi and are playing the game beautifully. We're over a barrel and they know it. They're going to try and sell him to us now rather than let him come here for nowt next summer. And I can't say I blame them either.
It'd be a bit daft of them to try sell him to us whilst we're still under a transfer embargo though, surely?
Oh yeah, there is that....
Businesswoman of the year.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:17 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Aye, but they're amongst the worlds most deluded, so fcuk knows what they've got themselves believing.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:23 pm

Looks like they want him back as cover for African Cup absentees. The journo who wrote that story just tweeted that he's pretty sure they'll recall him but we might get him.back at end of Jan.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:01 pm

Losing Sammy would be a massive blow. He is our only left footed attacker, and balances the side nicely. We don't score from crosses into the box, so a right footed player going on the outside of the opposition left back wouldn't be anywhere near the same threat for us as Sammy cutting in and finding Clough and Vela...