Boxing Clever...Shrewsbury Home 26th Dec.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Boxing Clever...Shrewsbury Home 26th Dec.

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:15 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: I'm not sure if football is really something for you.
I think PT reacts too quickly to bumps in the road and can be overly critical, but that's a pretty condescending thing to type. I'm filing that 2nd in the list (under the cancer thing) of dickish things you come out with sometimes.
Behave! Well, it made me laugh.
The cancer or the condescension?
Neither are very funny tbh, but then it's Pru. :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
I think PT reacts too quickly to bumps in the road and can be overly critical, but that's a pretty condescending thing to type. I'm filing that 2nd in the list (under the cancer thing) of dickish things you come out with sometimes.
Neither are very funny tbh, but then it's Pru. :mrgreen:
I think you might have just qualified as a "Yoof", AT....

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:47 pm

:shock:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
The condescension. The cancer was a throwaway comment and massively overblown mind. But not funny.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:59 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Everything I said about Coyle at the time against the consensus proved to be entirely, 100% correct. Blackburn fans figured out much quicker than most of our lot managed.

Funny that.

Suspect my PT comment is bang on the money too.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Everything I said about Coyle at the time against the consensus proved to be entirely, 100% correct. Blackburn fans figured out much quicker than most of our lot managed.

Funny that.

Coyle might have been a shit manager, but being correct about that doesn't make your cancer comments any better. You obviously think it's clever :roll:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:37 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Funny that.

Coyle might have been a shit manager, but being correct about that doesn't make your cancer comments any better. You obviously think it's clever :roll:
Why? I didn't wish him harm. I said he was a destructive force on the club. A cancer on the club seems a pretty apt description of what happened.

Massive overreaction at the time because many didn't want Owen criticised. In the cold light of day it was pretty much a bang on description.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Funny that.

Why? I didn't wish him harm. I said he was a destructive force on the club. A cancer on the club seems a pretty apt description of what happened.

Massive overreaction at the time because many didn't want Owen criticised. In the cold light of day it was pretty much a bang on description.
This is technically correct - you wished him "Nothing but bad"...
BWFC_Insane wrote:Coyle is a cancer. His tentacles have slowly spread and is destroying the club.

I despise the man. Wish him nothing but bad!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:44 pm

I like the 'Blackburn fans realised quicker than our lot' line. They ought to have done - he had 2 more relegations on his cv by then!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:46 pm

Oh an as an aside, on the same thread, plenty wanted to see him out...rather than "didn't want him criticized"

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22822&p=684137&hilit=cancer#p684137" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Funny that.

Based on what you arrogant cnut - I've watched the whites every season since the late seventies and played at a very decent level for 20+ years, yet you think that your comment of 'I'm not sure if football is really something for you' is bang on the money !

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:50 pm

'Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la, la la la la.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Funny that.

Based on what you arrogant cnut - I've watched the whites every season since the late seventies and played at a very decent level for 20+ years, yet you think that your comment of 'I'm not sure if football is really something for you' is bang on the money !
Aye. And I bet you've moaned for every single one of them. You were refusing to go games during the clubs most successful period in your lifetime. But aye. You love it, clearly.

You are complaining of no plan B, when very clearly we adapted to the game and played a specific way and won. Wasn't pretty. Wasn't a great performance but definitely was a clear different way of playing to try and break them down.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:'Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la, la la la la.
Worthy, absolutely it is the season to be jolly - I posted this morning regarding the Shrewsbury game and Parkinson needing a plan B or C when teams suss us out & press the midfield to stop us playing from midfield, and all I've had is the like of BWFCI coming out with his usual I know more than you bollocks.

Football is all about opinions, everyone see's games differently - but BWFCI thinks that he's some sort of super fan, who knows better than everyone else.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Funny that.

Aye. And I bet you've moaned for every single one of them. You were refusing to go games during the clubs most successful period in your lifetime. But aye. You love it, clearly.

You are complaining of no plan B, when very clearly we adapted to the game and played a specific way and won. Wasn't pretty. Wasn't a great performance but definitely was a clear different way of playing to try and break them down.
No only 50% of them.....!!, I do enjoy the odd one or two

But there was no plan B yesterday IMO....just because we scored from 2 corners - we've hoofed it to Madine in almost every game this season bar the Gillingham game, which we continued to do yesterday.

You are entitled to your opinion, and you think that we played differently yesterday which is fair enough, But I didn't....therefore why does that make you right & me wrong, we both saw the style of play / tactics differently which is what football is all about....is it not ?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:59 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Scunny held 0-0 at Bradford. According to my maths that means two points between the top three?
Correct - unfortunately we are third.
True, but it's in our hands. Winning on Thursday would take us back into the auto zone - and could also knock Scunny out of it for the first time in a long while, which would be an interesting test of their psychological strength
Worthy4England wrote:^^ Thursday? :-) Satdi, innit?
Yeah, Satdi not Thursday. Just in case anyone was confused.

Oh and to clarify my other point, Scunny have been top after every round of matches since Sep 12, they haven't been out of the top two since August. But....

In the last-six-matches form table, we're 2nd (to Rochdale) and Scunny are 8th.
In the last-10-matches form table, we're 1st and Scunny are 4th.

We've won our last six home games.
Scunny's last six away games (going backwards) have been LDWWWL - they lost at Rochdale and Oldham. I suggest we pipe the Houghton Weavers into their changing room...

One other thing: Scunny have conceded first in four away league games, and lost three of them (also at Vale). The exception was at Fleetwood on the season's second weekend, when they drew from 2-0 down.

Conclusion: Score first, we've got a very good chance. I would guess that we're looking forward to it more than them.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:04 pm

^^ at last - the voice of reason! Can the argumentative types take note, please.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Well this thread wouldn't be complete without me pointing out what a massive c*nt Megson was.

We've lived through Gary Megson as our actual manager. 2016 bad? We've shit it!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:55 pm

I've seen us get set piece delivery horribly wrong, including this season. Getting it right constitutes a "plan B" for me. We don't have Xavi and Iniesta in midfield. Sometimes ( and I think some of them have found their L1 level) they're going to get closed off. Most of our MF is week in / week out L1 marginally Chump. Main reason we got relegated under Coyle was he replaced generally "medium" Prem midfielders with two barely L1 midfielders

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:10 am

Worth pointing out the wind was horrific as well, which can't of helped long balls/set piece delivery , or PLAN B as its now known.