Lincoln steel, my arse! - Scunthorpe (H) 31/12/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Lincoln steel, my arse! - Scunthorpe (H) 31/12/16

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:47 pm

The player (Madine?) who ran across a defender as Henry was bearing down on goal should get plaudits for quick thinking. Left the way open for Henry to shoot.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Best Bolton game I've been to in a long while. Either or hopefully both of those teams will go up. I thought they came to win it, and their set up was very clever. We were better after the first ten minutes and were in charge till half time. They bossed the second half, their number 8 and 12 ran it, but they tired or ran out of steam and we were then on the ascendancy last 10. End to end. Proper football. What a feeling when the winner went in, proper bang your shins jumping around.

Their corners - very hard to defend because they had an in swing and out swing option on either side so our lot didn't know which was coming. Very clever.

Any news on Laurie Wilson? Injured I assume - though Derik did well defensively.

Alnwick top man for me, made a few great saves. Beevers was poor I thought...or played well by their centre forward who had a touch of the Madines about him in that his approach/ link up play was excellent but he fluffed his lines in the box. On that, Madine worked hard and linked well again, but the two opportunities he had to get in on goal he couldn't manage it. Wheaten and Spearing were great - though I suspect Scunny fans will be pointing at the ref not giving Jay a second booking...two clear fouls within about 10 mins of each other and I thought that pollock might send him off.

Amoebi - he staying or is he off? He just makes things happen, not consistent but I think he's ace.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:The player (Madine?) who ran across a defender as Henry was bearing down on goal should get plaudits for quick thinking. Left the way open for Henry to shoot.
I think it was Vela.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:The player (Madine?) who ran across a defender as Henry was bearing down on goal should get plaudits for quick thinking. Left the way open for Henry to shoot.
I think it was Vela.
Vela makes absolutely fantastic runs off the ball. Often doesn't get picked up with the pass, but Christ his movement off the ball is amazing. Sure Parky and his staff must have worked him very hard on that. Lads a revelation in this role.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:36 pm

I'll tell you what though, being away for a while you don't half notice the yet-further-decline of the pre-match "entertainment".

Who's the new nob-head on the tannoy? Sounds like he's recovering from a mouth transplant and doesn't seem to have worked out that if you scream every syllable it becomes difficult for anyone to realise when you are actually excited.

And those Holland's pies are shite. Barely cooked, soggy pastry and limp filling. At least they're dear though.

And worst of all is that piped f*cking chanting just before they come out. Used to rinse Citeh fans for that but now we've got a taped sing-a-long of the Blaydon Races/ Burnden Aces chant, and to make it worse, it sounds like they got a Geordie to sing it, just to emphasise how original it is I suppose. Sat squirming in my seat.

It's all nonsense. The atmosphere is dictated by how the team are playing and how the club is doing generally. After years of shite was my first home game since we've finally looked decent again and the difference is striking. Fans were really good tbf, hardly any moaning when they equalised and really got behind them at the end. Absolute scenes at the end.

Boosh.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:37 pm

Oh, and that Lofty Jnr shite can f*ck off too. Baggy jeans on a cartoon lion!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Prufrock wrote:I'll tell you what though, being away for a while you don't half notice the yet-further-decline of the pre-match "entertainment".

Who's the new nob-head on the tannoy? Sounds like he's recovering from a mouth transplant and doesn't seem to have worked out that if you scream every syllable it becomes difficult for anyone to realise when you are actually excited.

And those Holland's pies are shite. Barely cooked, soggy pastry and limp filling. At least they're dear though.

And worst of all is that piped f*cking chanting just before they come out. Used to rinse Citeh fans for that but now we've got a taped sing-a-long of the Blaydon Races/ Burnden Aces chant, and to make it worse, it sounds like they got a Geordie to sing it, just to emphasise how original it is I suppose. Sat squirming in my seat.

It's all nonsense. The atmosphere is dictated by how the team are playing and how the club is doing generally. After years of shite was my first home game since we've finally looked decent again and the difference is striking. Fans were really good tbf, hardly any moaning when they equalised and really got behind them at the end. Absolute scenes at the end.

Boosh.
Ha. The last pre-match announcer we had was a Wigan fan. So this is an upgrade, if you can believe it. I don't mind it too much. Seems to be keen.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Settling nicely into moany middle age, Pru. It's good to see. :D

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Well the H-T entertainment is miles better at the Macron than at the Ricoh Stadium, 'cos there wasn't any!!
And the pies were £4!! so stop whinging! :wink: