Why, I'll Ride Naked Through the Streets Coventry (A) 2/1/17

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Why, I'll Ride Naked Through the Streets Coventry (A) 2/

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Coventry have released an official apology on their website...

because the programme has Marvellous Marvin on and they've sold him. They sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Game's f*cking gone.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:11 pm

What the actual feck?

Last game he was involved in was Peterborough away, not even warmed the bench since.

Has he been injured and Parky hasn't been able to select him?

Dear God we're in for a slow afternoon.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:13 pm

enrdentw wrote:Huge delays on the M6. Is anyone else stuck in traffic? Google Mpas currently saying we won't arrive until 15:45... thinking of turning around.
Whereabouts are you?

There's been an accident near to J14, and I've seen someone tweet that it's best to come off at J15 and follow the signs for Eccleshall. That will then allow you to rejoin at J14 apparently.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:18 pm

Come off at J15 turn left, at roundabout turn right onto Newcastle Rd then left onto Whitmore Rd(B5038) drive to the A34 and turn right towards Stafford. It will bring you to J14, if not carry on through to Cannock and join the M6 toll.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:47 pm

Hope you travelling Whites get there okay. In the meantime, time to roll out a " COME ON YOU WHITES" for the lads. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

We need to win today, not just for position but for confidence boosting as well. A professional display (Trotter included) and a win and three points please, we ask no more.. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:52 pm

Talk amongst micman and Zico about "pineapples" and Derik's hairstyle with a few guffaws. Shame about Wilson as he seemed to be forming a solid partnership with Sammi down the right. Rest looks pretty decent if Trotter delivers a game.
Ten to go then fireworks time. 3-1 us is my prediction.....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:53 pm

DJBlu wrote:Come off at J15 turn left, at roundabout turn right onto Newcastle Rd then left onto Whitmore Rd(B5038) drive to the A34 and turn right towards Stafford. It will bring you to J14, if not carry on through to Cannock and join the M6 toll.
Bruce has just rung me from the same stretch. I think there will be a lot of latecomers.
I don't know about riding naked but he was certainly turning the air blue on the blower.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:08 pm

"Let's play foootbaaall..." (well, it works for darts :oops: ). All geared to go with the frost crisp and even.. And.....we're away. All the ads out of the way on Tower and....a quick mention about Bury, there's a surprise....

" Win the battles" is the advice from Zico, and the tannoy is blaring in the background. Some level-headed play and concentration needed as the homers kick off....Wheats heads out for a throw to them.A few bare patches mentioned o the greensward, then mic man and Zico have a chat about this and that then the homers come at us. And...Wheater nods it to Spearing who sets us forth. They clear for our throw.....and another....and Taylor, Vela, another throw and then the throw goes the other way. Come on lads, an early goal could make things cmfortable for us. The homers force a corner as "Reid "that beloved name again)...and we lose the sound for a minute but miss nowt.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:13 pm

Bury are beating Sheffield United.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Another throw as Sammi tried to get us going. Free kick us as a homer dies then resurects. That goes nowhere and they have a goal kick. Madine wins a throw.....and Taylor launches one and.....headed clear, Vela back, they clear for a throw again. We go but they clear and break. Beevers does well and Zico curses the ref (that's new) ..Henry's ball is intercepted then some to and fro before Ben wallops one forth that ends in a throw for Derik. Vela....and the homers get a throw. Zico chortles at who knows what, then the ball finds Alnwick who launches one that goes straight to his counter part. Derik and Sammi find Madine....but it goes out for a....visit to B :shock: ury who go one up on Sheffield....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Sammi sallies forth and wins a throw and......Trotter balloons one over the woodwork (metalwork). Come on lads, an early goal would be very nice and......Reid breaks for the homers but we clear. They try again and Spearing sets Madine off who gets Vrela a shooting chance before Spearing does the same and clears the bar. We send their goalkick back and then win a throw. Trotter reckons the ref missed a free kick shout then the homers try a sally. Wheats nods it out. Sammi tries one but they grab it before Taylor feed Madine. We go again and....Derik gets in, Vela, Sammi andMadine all press before Spearing gets mildly assaulted for a free kick us. Bolton fans in good voice..

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Sheff Utd equalise

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Henry, Wheater and Beevers all involved then they get a throw. Trotter, Vela, Taylor, Henry all involved, and the ref blows up for a head clash. No fatality and the ball goes back to Ben and we go again. All seesms contained right now after twenty, then Henry, Taylor, Madine and.....he gets a free kick twenty plus out and.....Henry taking and.....and...too high. Goalkick them, Wheats clears and......Off to Bury then.....Sheffield equalise....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Free kick the homers then and.....we clear. Beevers gets fouled as micman rambles some scores in. They clear, we intervene and they get a throw. Here they come again and Trotter gives away a free kick. A poor one and...we clear. Throw them now and it's time for us to strike....ie, get a goal.....Derik slices one forth and then...mic men have a chat. Spearing loses out then we get a throw when the homers slip up. Goal kick them and its all to and fro. Zico has a guffaw, mic man has a comment then Madine and Vela try before they clear and win a throw. Mic man reckons Taylor was fouled. Sammi now and loses out. Reid again and....Sammi does well and then Wheats knocks it out for a throw after we don't get a free kick appeal. They do get one now, thirty out and.....Beevers heads clear....Homers have it but we clear again...they win a corner via Derik. And......is headed well over. Goal kick us....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Now then lads, to business. Reid manages to get a free out of Derik but it all ends with our goal kick. Doesn't sound too scintillating yet, but a free us now and.....Spearing and....ooooohhhhh, Derik fires one just wide with the keeper almost asleep. Reid hits a speculative shot that hits Wheats, then the homers get another throw well forward. Sammi recovers it and.....then Sammi again and.....the keeper nips in and grabs it. Long goal kick gives them a lash chance that gets hit wide. Sammi and.....ohhh, we were almost in there and then they clear and.....they fxxxxxing score...1-0 them.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:40 pm

Balls.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:41 pm

We were pressing their goal, a clearance get sent forth, Reid heads one across and in it goes. Wake up lads, lets not make excuses about anything, we got caught napping and paid the price. Come on.....

And now they have a corner....and......it gets a free header wide...very luckily for us....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:41 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Trotter! FFS! He hasn't been near the squad in ages. Assuming Pratley isnt fit I would go with Buxton and move Derik to centre mud...as it is we have Derik out of position and that lump playing. Not good.
Buxton is injured apparently.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Bit predictable really. We are starting to struggle away from home. Teams bottling up midfield and making it tough for us.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:47 pm

In each of our last 19 games the team to score first has won. It’s 23 games since we got a draw from behind (Southend), 26 since we won from behind (Fleetwood) – although to be fair, we haven't gone behind in every one of those games.

I suspect Zach’s afternoon off won’t last much past 4pm.

COYWM
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.