Why, I'll Ride Naked Through the Streets Coventry (A) 2/1/17

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Why, I'll Ride Naked Through the Streets Coventry (A) 2/

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:42 pm

81: Proctor on for Derik
#gungandindeedho

(as Iles notes, that's all three of the new starters subbed)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:45 pm

Reid leaves the field as Derik is replaced by Proctor. Ten to go and.....they come and....we recover it and....Spearing, Vela, they get it back, we recover it and Wheats calms it down. Keeper hacks out for our throw. Sheffield three now at Bury. Peterboro equalise agains Scun.....We go and.....Sammi then a throw us as the ball gets walloped out of the ground. We go, they clear, Sammi loses out and..here they come again and score another but it's offside.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Sammi breaks and fires one past a post. Five to go as Sammi clears. Max, Taylor, Beevers, Wheats, Proctor, Wheater, Beevers back to Ben who clears badly. Spearing gives one away. Three mins now and we clear but Vela gives a throw away. Mic lads have a debate about how it all went wrong then we get a goal kick. A wallop from Ben and.....and...they clear but Sammi nods to Wheats. Now then lads, come on, ou can do it.....they clear, Sammi goes and....Proctor thinks he's kept it in, but the liner says no. And....homer wasting time all ove the place. Ben Wallops, Sammi goes, Vela, Beevers, Sammi, Spearing slips and they break. We recovers as four mins announced. Clough, Taylor and :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Come on...
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:52 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Clough, Taylor and :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
MAX!!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:53 pm

Official: "The ball fell for him in the box with him lashing home! Get in there! (90) "

COYWM, still time to win this

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:53 pm

FT at Scunny, 1-1

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:54 pm

Clayton does well, we're back in it with two mins left. Can we, could we, will we......a throw us and.....and.....keeper comes and catches. Throw them and.....again and.....and.....Wheater clears, they send it back, we clear and Max goes....Sammi and....Taylor and.....Madine shaves a post.....ooooooooooohhh.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Madine and Proctor pressure a throw and.....and.....nope, all over at 2-2 which considering, ain't that bad...... :oyea:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:56 pm

FT 2-2. Feels like a better result than it actually is, although Scunny's stumble helps. Chuffed for Max.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:56 pm

First draw since September!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:FT 2-2. Feels like a better result than it actually is, although Scunny's stumble helps. Chuffed for Max.
This....totally agree, good point IMO

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:58 pm

I'll take that. Lucky, but I'll take that. Always good to be the team that equalises.

He had to make team changes but I suspect he believes he made the wrong one with Trotter now. Hopefully he's off in jan.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Oh and shout tonClayton...certainly a lad who deserved a slice of luck.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:13 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Oh and shout tonClayton...certainly a lad who deserved a slice of luck.
Absolutely officer - I really hope he can stay fit, I like Clayton he's energetic, he's positive with the ball and moves the ball quickly & looks like he wants to play at a fast / pacey tempo, he could be like a new signing for the 2nd half of the season (if of course he can stay fit)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Also important to show we can come from behind as well. And on the the second game in 3 days for the players who did it, makes it even better.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Lot of twists and turns between now and the end of the season. Wouldn't get too bothered. Play off place would still be an excellent result. And I still think we've a good chance of going better.
Hopefully there's a twist or two before the end of the game...

COYWM
And there were, in two games!

I'd be keeping an eye on Rochdale here, on an amazing run. Got lots of momentum. Just 5 behind now.

Scunthorpe after looking like running away with it have ended up with just 2 points out of 9 over Christmas. Which looks pretty costly for them at this stage. They can rise again of course. Many of these may upgrade their squads in January and I suspect we may at best remain the same. Which could alter things in many ways.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:35 pm

Playing away from home and coming from behind twice, plus (if the miclads are to be believed) a hostile ref. I'll take it happily at this stage. In this league, anything can happen. We got a point and are still well in touch. Neither Sheffield or Scunthorpe are infalible, all still to play for. Come on you Whites...... :oyea:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Playing away from home and coming from behind twice, plus (if the miclads are to be believed) a hostile ref. I'll take it happily at this stage. In this league, anything can happen. We got a point and are still well in touch. Neither Sheffield or Scunthorpe are infalible, all still to play for. Come on you Whites...... :oyea:
Personally I think Sheff Utd will go up. I think they've got one of the two places. Probably top in the bag. Reckon us, Scunny, Rochdale and possibly Bradford are playing for the other spot.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Coventry went in at HT deservedly in the lead. We started plenty of attacks down our right hand side but it was one of those performances from Ameobi - he was either ahead of play with no options or when he had time he made the wrong pass or lost the ball. Nothing went down Henry's side and he was a passenger before being hauled off.
Their goal came from a cross which was half heartedly defended by Beevers which looked a sign of tiredness rather than lack of effort. The resulting cross was headed back across goal and well taken for 1-0.

PP rightly sent them out 5 minutes early for the second half. We dominated possession without really troubling the well organised Coventry defence and midfield who forced us out wide as we were never going to open them up through the middle. We were crying out for a change and PP really did change things. He put Vela in a much deeper holding role and brought off Henry and Trotter for Clough and Clayton. Clough was played in Vela's advance role and Clayton wide left as a straight swap for Henry. Trotter was very poor, well off the pace, offered nothing, midfield runners passing him, gave the ball away and was poor in the challenge. He was mocked by the Bolton fans as he left the field. We started to get closer to the Coventry goal without creating chances, we dominated possession but we were forced out wide time and time again and the crosses were never really good enough. Derek poor in possession and often out of position - we missed Wilson.

Coventry will be really disappointed to give the penalty away the ball was played over the defence and Marine (I think) was needlessly rugby tackled down by the Cov left back (who later got his own back). Stone wall pen. Clough couldn't wait to grab the ball and cooly placed the ball in the bottom left with the keeper diving in the opposite direction. What happened next was very uncharacteristic and PP will be fuming - we totally switched off. The Cov left back picked up the ball and danced seemlessly and unchallenged through Derek and Ameobi before sliding a ball into their new striker Beavon who was free and had all the time in the world to slot the ball into Alnwick's near post. 2-1 Cov. All that hard work and then back to the start.

Proctor came on for Derek as we went gung-ho and three at the back. Proctor offered another physical outlet when he came on and did himself no harm with a few good touches and hold up play. We were inevitably open at the back but we went for it and as the ball fell for Clayton everyone in the ground knew it would find its way into the net. The Cov defender not tight enough allowing Clayton to find half a yard before placing the ball to the keepers left leaving him no chance. What a relief!

It was tough! We ground out a result which was the main thing.

MOTM - Spearing - was absolutely everywhere. Never stopped, was good in possession and stopped the Cov attacks with some good challenges. I'd be worried if we lost him in Jan.

Other positives - A. Taylor - good down the left, Madine worked his socks off and is a real asset and Clayton who I was absolutely delighted for with his well taken goal.

Poor performers - Derek and Trotter for reasons mentioned above. Ameobi, despite having lots of possession had little end product.