Hanging on, January Transfer Window thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Hanging on, January Transfer Window thread 2017

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:06 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:04 am
Jem Karacan in on trial. 28yo ex-Reading midfielder "in the Spearing mound".
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... n_Karacan/
Its an absolute must that this guy is signed and plays on Saturday - because he simply can't be any worse than any of our current slow as feck, static midfielders, and I'm sure even if he's unfit he'll move quicker and play far better than Trotter.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:46 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:06 am
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:04 am
Jem Karacan in on trial. 28yo ex-Reading midfielder "in the Spearing mound".
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... n_Karacan/
Its an absolute must that this guy is signed and plays on Saturday - because he simply can't be any worse than any of our current slow as feck, static midfielders, and I'm sure even if he's unfit he'll move quicker and play far better than Trotter.
Absolutely - I was embarrassed that I've paid my money to watch Trotter amble around getting nowhere near any feck* - I genuinely believe we'd be better with 10 men. Honestly - that's how bad he was the other night. A liability having him there
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Apparently Karacan is signing today on a short term deal, but can't play tomorrow unfortunately as he needs international clearance....

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:59 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:03 pm
Apparently Karacan is signing today on a short term deal, but can't play tomorrow unfortunately as he needs international clearance....
So,it's a case of Karacan't?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:52 am

Peter Thompson wrote:

It's probably for the best as he surely wouldn't have been fit enough for tomorrow anyway.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:45 am

Nicko58 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:52 am
Peter Thompson wrote:

It's probably for the best as he surely wouldn't have been fit enough for tomorrow anyway.
He would have still been much quicker, more mobile and put more effort and energy into the game than Trotter does - saying that I'd rather play Phil Parkinson in midfield than Trotter.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:23 am

Karacan looks an excellent signing in the circumstances. Good pedigree and at 28 should be at his peak. He played 21 games for Reading in the Premiership 4 years ago. If, and I guess it is a big if, he can get himself match fit, and quickly tune in to the demands of L1, he could be a really good signing. Pratley might be back before the end of the season also, and Spearing isn't definitely ruled out for the season yet, so things suddenly don't seem anywhere near as gloomy as a few days ago.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:14 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

I thought that and seeing Warbara off the pace on Tuesday sort of confirmed it but I noticed Paul Caddis (mentioned on here as a possible signing) played a full 90 minutes for Bury on Tuesday. They had a 16 year old play in centre midfield and played with 2 strikers too.

Pity we don't have the players to change our system :roll:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:14 pm
Nicko58 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
I thought that and seeing Warbara off the pace on Tuesday sort of confirmed it
According to Parky's sidekick Steve Parkin, quoted in today's BN, he shouldn't be too far off:
Jem looks a fit lad, he’s done well in training, the gaffer knows him better than me but he’s a tenacious midfield player who I think could be good for us. He looks up to speed. Nick (Allamby, BWFC's Head of Sports Science, who constantly monitors player fitness) says he has come through all the tests so far, so it’s just a matter of getting the clearance. We’re waiting for the thumbs up. A couple of the lads know him, he’s different to Jay – who has got all the attributes you’d want in a midfielder – but he goes after people, he’s hard working… A Jack Russell!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:51 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:14 pm
Nicko58 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

I thought that and seeing Warbara off the pace on Tuesday sort of confirmed it but I noticed Paul Caddis (mentioned on here as a possible signing) played a full 90 minutes for Bury on Tuesday. They had a 16 year old play in centre midfield and played with 2 strikers too.

Pity we don't have the players to change our system :roll:
Pity we don't have the manager to change our system....

ally.morrison
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ally.morrison » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:24 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:10 am
If Spearings out for the season he wants signing, not a trial. Who else can we get? We've been shite since the turn of the year and it can pretty much be pointed at how disjointed the squad has been with all the outs and the late signing of the ins. Its one thing titting about in August when there are 30 odd games to play but the immaturity and frankly staggering attitude of our owners in falling out and not sorting this embargo is in danger of costing us big time. The injuries we are suffering being the final nail in the coffin.
Ryan Jack is free at the end of the season still 25 had Roma and Napoli scouting him a few years ago does the same job as Spearing