Hanging on, January Transfer Window thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Hanging on, January Transfer Window thread 2017

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:37 pm

It seems to fairly well accepted that we were behind with payments. I don't see any reason to disbelieve that.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:25 pm

1 down, 3 to go. I'd like to think Kenand Lee could find a home for Dervite this window, even if we have to stump (geddit) up some wage. Get Sameobi signed.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Not sure this is the correct thread but since we are talking about unpaid wages...

My brothers company are owed just less than 2k from BWFC. Lots of formal letters and phone calls were left unanswered until a generic letter from KA was delivered. Within was an apology and instead of paying the invoice the club offered a corporate box and advertising hoardings instead... As the sum owed wasn't enough to fork out to take the club to the small claims court they reluctantly accepted the clubs offer. I know for a fact that there are lots small to medium local businesses that are owed money from the club.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:38 pm

Stating the bleeding obvious but that is not good.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:41 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Stating the bleeding obvious but that is not good.
Not surprising either.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:54 am

No - SME - little/no in house legal, cant afford the bill or it adds up to more than owed, so lets just chance it and try and not pay. Doesn't refelect well.

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:10 pm

If only we could pay off our loans (and debt to Eddie Davies) in the same way!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:24 pm

Rjs37 wrote:If only we could pay off our loans (and debt to Eddie Davies) in the same way!

Think the Davies payments only kick in if we are in the top 2 divisions.

It's like tuition fees..,.. :mrgreen:

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:42 pm

enrdentw wrote:Not sure this is the correct thread but since we are talking about unpaid wages...

My brothers company are owed just less than 2k from BWFC. Lots of formal letters and phone calls were left unanswered until a generic letter from KA was delivered. Within was an apology and instead of paying the invoice the club offered a corporate box and advertising hoardings instead... As the sum owed wasn't enough to fork out to take the club to the small claims court they reluctantly accepted the clubs offer. I know for a fact that there are lots small to medium local businesses that are owed money from the club.
It's definitely true. The corporate box is for one game of the companies choice - just for the record. The advertising is now behind the goals. South or north stand - can't remember which.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:44 pm

enrdentw wrote:
enrdentw wrote:Not sure this is the correct thread but since we are talking about unpaid wages...

It's definitely true. The corporate box is for one game of the companies choice - just for the record. The advertising is now behind the goals. South or north stand - can't remember which.
What if he said no? I mean it was an offer. Was it stipulated what would happen if it was turned down?

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:59 pm

I understood taking someone or some company to small claims was the cheapest option to persue a debt. So why accept an unwanted offer to settle ?
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:24 pm

enrdentw wrote:

You've got to feel sorry for the companies involved but this makes sense by KA for me. Look to save money whichever way we can and perhaps keep some goodwill by at least offering something rather than just coughing up. It's appalling that companies should be treated this way but football long since lost its moral compass
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Looks like we might see keshi Anderson again this season on loan at Northampton til end of season.
In bad news, seems Conor Wilkinson is back and taking up space.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:06 am

LeverEnd wrote:In bad news, seems Conor Wilkinson is back and taking up space.
On a brief search I can't find any official confirmation of that - on his (somewhat dormant) Twitter feed, or BWFC's, or either their official site or ours, but the loan was only until January, like Ameobi's (and Henry's).

Having scored four goals in six starts back in Sep/Oct, Wilkinson got injured and was out for a couple of months (he seems to have returned to Bolton, judging by some tweets doing community work for the club). He came on as sub five times in the six games up to and including Sat 7 Jan, but Danny Wilson was sacked on Sun 8. Gary Caldwell was appointed yesterday to replace him so it's not impossible that someone will suggest re-loaning Wilko. It's also easy to imagine a third- or fourth-tier club taking him on for the rest of the season; he has, after all, already been loaned out eight times.

In other squad news, Iles thinks Pratley's injury could well prompt FL permission to get another player in.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:38 am

Bwfc haven't mentioned him but I'm basing it on no extension news from Chesterfield. Could go either way with a new manager though, like you say.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:34 pm

I see Cardiff have signed Hull City goalkeeper, Allan McGregor, until the end of the season. Not only will Amos not be signing for them but he may not even be in the shop window.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:22 pm

malcd1 wrote:I see Cardiff have signed Hull City goalkeeper, Allan McGregor, until the end of the season. Not only will Amos not be signing for them but he may not even be in the shop window.
Amos got games because Cardiff sold David Marshall to Hull for £5m plus. That's pushed his old Old Firm rival McGregor down the order, and opened the way for a loan out... which in turn might send our boy Amos to the stands.

But in case you're wondering, any contract cancellation ending a loan early (eg Keshi) usually has to be agreed by both sides, and I'm sure the last thing Ken wants is a squad space going to a third goalkeeper, let alone one on a big wedge. (We don't know how much of that wedge Cardiff agreed to pay, but it seemed to be enough to persuade Ken and Parky to willingly let him go –and be down to one senior keeper for while, till Alnwick's deadline-day move.)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:54 pm

I think they'll try to loan him elsewhere but his reputation has taken a battering. I'm sure we'll be stuck with him next year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:20 am

LeverEnd wrote:I think they'll try to loan him elsewhere but his reputation has taken a battering. I'm sure we'll be stuck with him next year.
And the year after, although there will come a point where we may choose to cut our losses with a payoff.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:31 am

Iles tweets:
Interesting to see that Football League has now confirmed via BWFCST that embargo is "one in one out" at BWFC up to limit of 23 players. My reckoning is that squad (with Conor Wilkinson back) now stands at 22. Whether Pratley injury changes that, don't know. Rules seem bendy.