Bradford away - where to drink

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

JimmyBantam
Hopeful
Hopeful

Bradford away - where to drink

Post by JimmyBantam » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Bantams fan in peace. For those of you travelling to tomorrow's game and planning on some pre/post match drinking then I thought you would appreciate a few tips.

There are not many bars close to the ground so your best bet is to start within the City Centre and work your way towards the ground. New venue opened last December called Sunbridge Wells. It's a complex of of underground bars - in and amongst some shops and eateries - and includes lots of craft beer, gin bar etc. It's slap bang in the centre and a 5 min walk from Bradford Interchange. Link to the venue here:

https://www.facebook.com/Sunbridgewells ... =2&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other city centre venues include City Vaults and your usual such as Weatherspoons. North Parade is the area you will be wanting to work your way towards as this is on route to the ground - about 10 minutes walk. Loads of decent bars along this street - all independent like Sunbridge Wells - and no doubt it will be packed pre-match so I wouldn't leave it too late making your way here.

Hope you enjoy your day - but obviously not the result!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bradford away - where to drink

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Aagrah and Mumtaz for a nosebag as well; though I suspect there are plenty of other options that are not chains with other Yorkshire establishments as well.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:08 pm

I'm going straight to The Perseverance, in Lumb Lane. I've got my killing tools all in order!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:07 am

Mumtaaz is not what it was, if anyone's thinking of going.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.