The countdown- Where will we finish?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Where will we finish the season?

Champions
8%
Runners Up
49%
1st Play off spot
31%
2nd Play off spot
8%
3rd Play off spot
3%
Final play off spot
No votes
Failure
No votes

Total votes: 61

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The countdown- Where will we finish?

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Peterborough 1-2 Fleetwood - a goal back for the Posh, which presumably means they'll beat us 6-0 at ours #logic

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:24 pm
I just think Bury Bolton is a very different game to Bury Fleetwood for example.
I can see that. But Bury-Rochdale has been their biggest derby for the past decade, with its own hoolie-lite trouble too, and they ballsed that up.

It'll be reight, mate.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Fleetwood win and the gap is down to 4pts. Buckle up, folks!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:59 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:52 pm
Fleetwood win and the gap is down to 4pts. Buckle up, folks!
Therefore we apply pressure as leaders and don't allow it from behind us. Easy to say, but that's what the chasers are doing so we have to have some belief that we aren't where we are by luck. Win tomorrow, even a 1-0 and the equalibrium is restored. How sick will Fleetwood be then. COME ON YOU WHITES....

:oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Might as well rename this to Panic fannying or summat.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:06 pm

All 5 teams in the positions below us won, plus Sheffield utd. Best make sure we're not the odd ones out!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:10 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:06 pm
All 5 teams in the positions below us won, plus Sheffield utd. Best make sure we're not the odd ones out!
You know, m'friend, I reckon our boy Parky might just use this as motivation. And maybe, just maybe, two days later the results won't be so uniformly against us, and history will beckon.

Two wins does it. Get one tomorrow, we're knocking on the door.

COYWM.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Not a good Friday.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:00 pm
Exactly AT....we are 4 points clear plus a + GD of 9 with a game in hand (so basically 5 points), a draw is an acceptable result tomorrow but we will win & then we'll beat Bury on Tues evening 3-0 and be promoted - but if we don't for whatever reason we still have very winnable games at Port Vale & home to P/Boro to get the required points.

Feck me most on here think I'm negative "The whites are going up"

I'll say it again if we don't get 6 points out of the next 12 we don't deserve to go up - we don't play any of the top 6 or 7 and most of the teams (bar P/Boro) are threatened with relegation so they will be under more pressure than us

Absolutely great position to be in....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:35 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Exactly AT....we are 4 points clear plus a + GD of 9 with a game in hand (so basically 5 points), a draw is an acceptable result tomorrow but we will win & then we'll beat Bury on Tues evening 3-0 and be promoted - but if we don't for whatever reason we still have very winnable games at Port Vale & home to P/Boro to get the required points.

I'll say it again if we don't get 6 points out of the next 12 we don't deserve to go up - we don't play any of the top 6 or 7 and most of the teams (bar P/Boro) are threatened with relegation so they will be under more pressure than us

Not sure playing teams fighting for their lives makes it easier. As I keep saying we've been streaky this season. We've just come off an outstanding run. Is it time for another bad one?

Time will tell. I'd agree that if we don't achieve the results necessary to go up we won't deserve it. However, apart from our recent amazing run, one that coincided with Fleetwood faltering we haven't often looked like finishing top two.

I'm not convinced we have the squad depth to cope with missing players and still think tomorrow has loss written all over it. Then things might well get tense.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:41 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Not sure playing teams fighting for their lives makes it easier. As I keep saying we've been streaky this season. We've just come off an outstanding run. Is it time for another bad one?

Time will tell. I'd agree that if we don't achieve the results necessary to go up we won't deserve it. However, apart from our recent amazing run, one that coincided with Fleetwood faltering we haven't often looked like finishing top two.

I'm not convinced we have the squad depth to cope with missing players and still think tomorrow has loss written all over it. Then things might well get tense.
BWFCI you are coming across as an absolute tart / pussy, get a grip - it may be reverse psychology or summat to make you feel better - but if we don't get 6 points from 12 then its probably best that we stay in League 1 - but its a bloody good job your not giving a team talk to the team, our players will be fired up for this - I've played football at a decent level and at the end of the season its normally the teams at the top with the better quality players with an end goal to aim for (promotion or winning the league) actually raise their game and 9 times out of 10 beat the lower teams fighting relegation - our players will be so fired up even more after today, they won't want to be remembered as a team who blew away promotion from such a great position.

Bury were at home fighting for their lives but lost at home to R/Dale, Port Vale also at home where fighting for their lives but they got spanked off Sheff Utd - promotion will be wrapped up at Port Vale at the very latest.

Worst case tomorrow (if we lose to Oldham) is that we'll only be 4 points clear with a better goal difference, with only 3 games to go (of which 2 at home against teams not in the top 10) and one away against a relegation threatened team beaten easily today be a team already promoted.....

"We are going up"....get behind the team and enjoy it....

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:12 pm

I have bad vibes about second spot. Oldham won't be an easy ride nor will Bury on Tuesday. Port Vale are trying to avoid the drop so the pressures on us. Our form of late is worrying especially at this stage.

Failure to beat Oldham would be a disaster, then the pressure is really on.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:22 pm

Also worth noting that Bradford's form over the last 10 games is superior to ours.

Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Billbob » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:42 pm

I have every faith in phil and lads, I believe we will keeping on producing the great script that is called phoenix from the flames. After the turmoil of this season injuries, players sold, court case takeovers car park sold, ken Anderson finally taking over. I feel more happy now then 12 months ago. Sitting in second with a superior goal difference great team moral never say die attitude. I think the confidence through the team is brimming in our super team ethic. This work ethic and bond I have not witnessed for a decade.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

"We haven't often looked like finishing top two"?? You come out with some daft shite sometimes, but that's ridiculous.

If we hadn't lost Clough and Ameobi in January, we'd be challenging for the title. What about the terrific runs we went on prior to the new year?

You'll say it's realism, but honestly, you need to stop watching the world through specs the colour of shite.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:54 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:43 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

"We haven't often looked like finishing top two"?? You come out with some daft shite sometimes, but that's ridiculous.

If we hadn't lost Clough and Ameobi in January, we'd be challenging for the title. What about the terrific runs we went on prior to the new year?

You'll say it's realism, but honestly, you need to stop watching the world through specs the colour of shite.
Yes. Pre Christmas we looked good for it. Since then it is only recently that we have ended up in second. Looked a long shot not that long back.

If we don't win tomorrow it guarantees Sheff Utd the title. Will they bother against Bradford?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:04 pm

It doesn't matter does it - we just need 6 points from the next 4 games and we are promoted, regardless of others winning all of their games....please especially at this stage keep your extreme negativity off here, yes & before you say it that's coming from me.

Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Billbob » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Let's have positive thoughts after all the shite this year. I think it's coming we have lads who are scoring across the board, and they are in it together with pride on their spin and win tops.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:54 pm

This is fcking hard work. You can perm 4 games with what if's forever. Over the course of the season, our form has been slightly better than everyone but Sheffield.

Any of the teams chasing would swap our position and games for theirs. Nuff said.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Playing a day later gives us a tendency to overthink things. Regardless of what happens this has been a great season.

Lets just go out there and wrap it up with a nice win against Oldham.