The countdown- Where will we finish?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Where will we finish the season?

Champions
8%
Runners Up
49%
1st Play off spot
31%
2nd Play off spot
8%
3rd Play off spot
3%
Final play off spot
No votes
Failure
No votes

Total votes: 61

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The countdown- Where will we finish?

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:52 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:50 pm
Fleetwood score with their 1st shot on target.
They were bound to win today. Script is written. We will blow second and face Bradford in play off final at Wembley. Can see it now!
How would you suppose we'd get to a play off final, given our heads would be well and truly shot? Mind, a couple of weeks back weren't you suggesting we wouldn't make the playoffs?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
They were bound to win today. Script is written. We will blow second and face Bradford in play off final at Wembley. Can see it now!
angaboutabit how come Bradford would be in the playoffs if they're so certain to nick our auto-promo slot?

I have to admire the effort you put into your whirling wheel of sick negative fantasies.

Anyway, Scunny 3-0 up. Maybe they'll overtake us and we'll be in the bottom half of the play-offs!!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Surprised he's ruled out the league deducting us points and not even getting in the play offs if I'm honest.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 pm

So far today the bottom eight teams (bar Bury), who are so sure to be fired up and need the points and get miracle results, have managed the sum total of one goal.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Scunny win 3-1 FT
Fleetwood win 1-0 FT

COYWM

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 pm
So far today the bottom eight teams (bar Bury), who are so sure to be fired up and need the points and get miracle results, have managed the sum total of one goal.
What were the odds of us going into the Bury game just one point clear? :wink:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:57 pm
I didn't work out those odds - just the ones of our chasers getting maximum points, which Bradford now can't - but I'd say they were much longer than the odds of you getting an erection about it... :?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:11 pm

FANIC PANNY¡!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:18 pm

We win tomorrow and we're (all but) promoted. If we don't garner another point for the season we are in the play offs with a possible Wembley trip in the offing. If we don't make the playoff final we will still have had the best season in years and will continue to improve into next season.

I really want us to get automatic promotion or promotion through Wembley. However if we miss all that I will still be delighted to have come close given our off field issues.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Down to one point. Shitter of a weekend however you spin it. Must win tomorrow. And if we cant win tomorrow then feck it. You get what you deserve. COYWM

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:01 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:57 pm
I didn't work out those odds - just the ones of our chasers getting maximum points, which Bradford now can't - but I'd say they were much longer than the odds of you getting an erection about it... :?
Indeed.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Script is written? :lol: Only in your head.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Still in our hands, despite how shit the last week or so has been.

If we don't go up automatically, then we don't deserve to. Its as simple as that.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:19 pm

We need 2 wins from Bury (Home), Port Vale (Away) & P/Boro (Home) - if we can't beat 2 of these teams with the players we have, then we simply don't deserve to go up automatically & Parkinson will deserve the sack (all this is in my humble personal opinion, and is not the opinion of the general Bolton public)

We have players playing for contracts and reputations....the Bolton players will be bang up for this, Bury are under much more pressure than us.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:19 pm
We need 2 wins from Bury (Home), Port Vale (Away) & P/Boro (Home) - if we can't beat 2 of these teams with the players we have, then we simply don't deserve to go up automatically & Parkinson will deserve the sack (all this is in my humble personal opinion, and is not the opinion of the general Bolton public)

We have players playing for contracts and reputations....the Bolton players will be bang up for this, Bury are under much more pressure than us.
We'll be reet, close but reet even if we have contrived to throw it away the last few games.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Gee, Insaney, you've gone from a jocose prophet of doom to an out and out windup merchant. I think you're making a very worst case situation just in case so you can say "told you so" if it happens. Easy enough to laugh it off if you're wrong ain't it?. Right now, I wish you'd knock it off though.. bad enough P.T getting Phil's P45 ready if we don't go up, despite our best season for a while and operating against possibly the worst period in recent history in every respect for ages: No money for wages, boardroom chaos, FIFA threats, a shed full of injuries and a squad of voluteers, yet still in second place in the league. Must be me I guess....

Sing when you're winning... ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:18 pm
We win tomorrow and we're (all but) promoted. If we don't garner another point for the season we are in the play offs with a possible Wembley trip in the offing. If we don't make the playoff final we will still have had the best season in years and will continue to improve into next season.

I really want us to get automatic promotion or promotion through Wembley. However if we miss all that I will still be delighted to have come close given our off field issues.

I don't think you can say with any certainty that we'd continue to improve next season, when we're still under embargo and would start the summer with about three players. Also, Ken's entire plan for the club seems to be based on getting us out of this league and selling up.

We were seven points clear with four games to play. You have to get promoted from that position. I still think we will, but being delighted regardless, for me doesn't fit in with the reality of how important these games are and how badly we would have to feck up not to get over the line.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Right, here's some positivity. Time for everyone to reset. Players, fans, staff etc...

Sure we were all thinking about when we might get over the line and it hasn't worked out like that.

However, 1 point ahead with a game in hand and 3 to play. Every sane individual would have taken that if offered at the start. Forget the previous lead. It means nowt now.

If we can get just one decent win by a few goals or more, then two draws will do us, unless Fleetwood go absolutely bonkers.

So, even if we can't win tomorrow night. Don't lose. We have Peterborough last game of the season and they have nowt to play for. And surely to god if we want it enough we could win that game. It might be nervy, but heck they should be able to get Madine for that one at least.

So IF we win tomorrow, we are well on course. Anything can happen and the past few days has shown that. We still would have taken this in August. And whilst a local derby is always somewhat of a lottery, we have home advantage and a point in the grand scheme of things might not be a disaster.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 pm
Right, here's some positivity. Time for everyone to reset. Players, fans, staff etc...

Sure we were all thinking about when we might get over the line and it hasn't worked out like that.

However, 1 point ahead with a game in hand and 3 to play. Every sane individual would have taken that if offered at the start. Forget the previous lead. It means nowt now.

If we can get just one decent win by a few goals or more, then two draws will do us, unless Fleetwood go absolutely bonkers.

So, even if we can't win tomorrow night. Don't lose. We have Peterborough last game of the season and they have nowt to play for. And surely to god if we want it enough we could win that game. It might be nervy, but heck they should be able to get Madine for that one at least.

So IF we win tomorrow, we are well on course. Anything can happen and the past few days has shown that. We still would have taken this in August. And whilst a local derby is always somewhat of a lottery, we have home advantage and a point in the grand scheme of things might not be a disaster.
Good lad.

Vale is also a very winnable game. And I want us to get promotion in that game cos (1) I'll be there and (2) I wanna see Pru on the pitch. (Also, Domingos: Fred Perry again, to match the Dons game?)

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:45 pm

There ya go Insaney. Saying it out loud doesn't guarantee it will/won't happen. But realism is good for the soul. And realistically we're going up. We had a bit of a buffer to inoculate from a guff performance or two and we still have a bit left. It's Fleetwood who've fecked their chances. Not us.

Skelp Bury, then Port Vale. Home n hosed. Two fingers to the stragglers.

It's probable! Driving seat.