Tickets

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tickets

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:37 pm

Not so much tickets but might affect attendance: Sky coverage means Bolton v Burton has been moved from Sat 4 Sep to Mon 6 Sep.

Perhaps interestingly, that gives us (after Cambridge next Saturday) nine days off to recharge, Download Content and settle in new players: deadline is Tue 31 Aug at 11pm.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:52 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:37 pm
Not so much tickets but might affect attendance: Sky coverage means Bolton v Burton has been moved from Sat 4 Sep to Mon 6 Sep.

Perhaps interestingly, that gives us (after Cambridge next Saturday) nine days off to recharge, Download Content and settle in new players: deadline is Tue 31 Aug at 11pm.
An absolute pain as a fan but I suspect quite welcome for IE and the coaching staff.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:52 pm

An absolute pain as a fan but I suspect quite welcome for IE and the coaching staff.
Always a mixed blessing though - the following Saturday we go to Ipswich.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:15 pm

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:07 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:52 pm

Always a mixed blessing though - the following Saturday we go to Ipswich.
Yeah but I guess Monday-Saturday less daunting than this week where we've got Saturday (tough against Oxford), Tuesday Wigan and then Saturday Cambridge away. Hard week physically that.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:31 pm

Plus we are absofuckinglutely magic midweek (in the league).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:59 am

Blimey - Our first allocation of 2,200 tickets for Saturday's trip to
@swfc
has 𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗢𝗨𝗧.

A second allocation of 800 tickets will go on sale in due course.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:59 am
Blimey - Our first allocation of 2,200 tickets for Saturday's trip to
@swfc
has 𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗢𝗨𝗧.

A second allocation of 800 tickets will go on sale in due course.
Magnificent effort that. Particularly as up until this morning there was still speculation that it could be off for international call ups or changed kick off time for Sky.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:20 pm

Pompey tickets on sale to STH tomorrow, open sale next Weds. £24 adult.
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/octobe ... outh-away/

Reminder that tickets for Plymouth a week tonight are now on open sale.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:18 pm

Cambridge (home) on Jan 8 postponed 'cos they're through to the FA Cup third round., the big show-offs. No bad thing - gives us more chance to get players in.

No date scheduled yet for the rearranged game but we have to agree to the proposal, so I guess we could in theory refuse to play them in January. Might not be too hard to do: while I guess Tue 11th is open, Tue 18th will be saved for a possible FA Cup replay, and it's not impossible that Tue 25th will be earmarked for the Papa John's Trophy quarters – Cambridge, like us, are in the third round on Tue 4th Jan; last year's QFs were on Tue 2nd Feb but the third round is a week earlier this time, and much of the EFL calendar seems to be pulling forward a week this season.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:50 pm

What in god's name is the crack with buying tickets these days?

Its a while since I've been as been busy, but trying to go to the game tomorrow. Both myself and Mrs Dave have been going to watch Bolton on and off since the 90''s, and Dave Jnr has been coming with us for the last 5 or 6 years whenever we've been able to make a match.

Trying to buy 4 tickets for tomorrow as a mate of my lad's fancies it. Me & Mrs Dave have a membership number from ages ago, but we've tried to register the 2 kids today and now I can't assign any tickets to them as they weren't signed up before 20th Jan (I think this is the reason!)!!!!

Tried calling the ticket office and it continually rings out.....

What a f*cking shambles. There's a high likelihood that they miss out on 70 notes tomorrow if we can't sort it, plus whatever we would spend on food and drink and in the club shop. Also alienates the club from my lad and his mate, so they could lose potentially future fans.

Anyone got any tips for getting this to work?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:55 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:50 pm
What in god's name is the crack with buying tickets these days?

Its a while since I've been as been busy, but trying to go to the game tomorrow. Both myself and Mrs Dave have been going to watch Bolton on and off since the 90''s, and Dave Jnr has been coming with us for the last 5 or 6 years whenever we've been able to make a match.

Trying to buy 4 tickets for tomorrow as a mate of my lad's fancies it. Me & Mrs Dave have a membership number from ages ago, but we've tried to register the 2 kids today and now I can't assign any tickets to them as they weren't signed up before 20th Jan (I think this is the reason!)!!!!

Tried calling the ticket office and it continually rings out.....

What a f*cking shambles. There's a high likelihood that they miss out on 70 notes tomorrow if we can't sort it, plus whatever we would spend on food and drink and in the club shop. Also alienates the club from my lad and his mate, so they could lose potentially future fans.

Anyone got any tips for getting this to work?
I think this has happened to many people Dave - you're not the first and won't be the last...Only way I got it resolved when it occurred with me, was getting hold of the ticket office, who were then able to take my payment and attach the tickets to my account so I could get them on my phone.

Someone's been asleep at the wheel on this one.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:13 pm

It;s that Neil Hart guy - Bit of a wanker by all accounts and refuses to accept that there are any issues with the scheme - Try tweeting the ticket office (@BWFCTickets) or something and ask for a call back - They usually do it pretty quickly
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:19 pm

I've heard a few similar stories today. This was always going to happen and it's not just Dave's 70 notes they'll be missing out on tomorrow. I get the arguments for introducing such a scheme, particularly when the away end has sold out, but this glitchy, slow, cluster feck of a system is akin to commercial suicide.

Good luck Dave. I'd advise going there in person if it's doable.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:42 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:19 pm
I've heard a few similar stories today. This was always going to happen and it's not just Dave's 70 notes they'll be missing out on tomorrow. I get the arguments for introducing such a scheme, particularly when the away end has sold out, but this glitchy, slow, cluster feck of a system is akin to commercial suicide.

Good luck Dave. I'd advise going there in person if it's doable.
Yep - Dave will be able to go to ticket office in person prior to kick off, as he obviously has a buying history - They'll sort it out, but you'll queue
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:17 pm

Thanks guys. All sorted now - managed eventually to get through to an actual human being at the ticket office and they've sorted it. Restrictions all to do with preventing Sunderland fans registering and then buying in the home end - which I get - but why the system wouldn't recognise that 2 paying adults have been going for 30 years and then 2 11 year olds with us are highly unlikely to cause a scrap I don't know!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:48 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:17 pm
Thanks guys. All sorted now - managed eventually to get through to an actual human being at the ticket office and they've sorted it. Restrictions all to do with preventing Sunderland fans registering and then buying in the home end - which I get - but why the system wouldn't recognise that 2 paying adults have been going for 30 years and then 2 11 year olds with us are highly unlikely to cause a scrap I don't know!!
The problem existed way before this game. I don't think they have any intention of resolving it. This go, my payment options had all disappeared...but a minor inconvenience in the scheme of things, so you should be OK next go DTM.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:23 pm

Just a little warning that there's a chance our home game with Pompey (scheduled for Sat 26 March) might – might – be rearranged. And so might our derby at Wigan.

26 March is an international weekend and Pompey have a few internationals who could be called up. It's all very complicated, especially as Pompey have 16 games left to play, but it might simply get shunted to the next weekend (Sat 2 Apr). We're supposed to be playing at Wigan and Pompey hosting Rotherham, but if those two title-chasers both win their Sherpa Sh¡tshow semi-finals - and given they're playing Sutton and Hartlepool, they'd expect to - then they'll be in the final on Sun Apr 3. That would mean the postponement of their league games and leave us and Pompey free to rearrange.

(It would also mean- notwithstanding the need to rearrange Wigan - we'd only have one game in three weeks, which is prime Content Downloading opportunity...)

More head-bending permutations here. https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... on-3576789

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:00 pm

Wanderers’ League One trip to Cheltenham Town will now take place on Tuesday, October 4 (KO 7:45pm).

Tickets bought for the OG still count.