Tickets

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38505
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Tickets

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Being reported in B.N today that all four stands will be open and the visitors will be in the top tiers?
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Tickets

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:52 pm

Update: We have now passed the 20,000 mark for Saturday's game with @ChesterfieldFC
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6335
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Re: Tickets

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:14 pm

its shame they didnt do this for the Bury game instead, would've easily maxed out based on sales for this! i guess nobody imagined this incentive would be so popular tbf! promotion fever!!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6335
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Re: Tickets

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:15 pm

i really hope we can take 4500 to Oldham!! Sheff utd did apparently....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35882
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Tickets

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:22 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:25 pm
Being reported in B.N today that all four stands will be open and the visitors will be in the top tiers?
I always shudder when I learn of away supporters being placed in upper tiers as my mind is dragged back to the final home game of 1983 vs Chelsea - loser gets relegated to the division we're now in (yes Chelsea, kids ;) ) On sound Police advice there the Chelsea fans were seated in the Burden Stand and spent most of the game ripping out the wooden seats and raining them (along with coins, lighters, batteries and anything else they could throw) down on to those of us stood in the Paddock below.

It's to be hoped that the folk of Chesterfield are rather better behaved.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38505
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Tickets

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:22 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:25 pm
Being reported in B.N today that all four stands will be open and the visitors will be in the top tiers?
I always shudder when I learn of away supporters being placed in upper tiers as my mind is dragged back to the final home game of 1983 vs Chelsea - loser gets relegated to the division we're now in (yes Chelsea, kids ;) ) On sound Police advice there the Chelsea fans were seated in the Burden Stand and spent most of the game ripping out the wooden seats and raining them (along with coins, lighters, batteries and anything else they could throw) down on to those of us stood in the Paddock below.

It's to be hoped that the folk of Chesterfield are rather better behaved.
There's a story somewhere in the fotball archives of a match in Italy (think it was an Inter Mian game,) where
some lunatics actually threw a motor scooter from the top tiers into the spectators below. Sounds unbelievable, but it happened.

Edit..found it...https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q= ... ow+scooter&*
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7193
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Tickets

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:24 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:15 pm
i really hope we can take 4500 to Oldham!! Sheff utd did apparently....
We win on Saturday and we'll easily sell out for Oldham. Easily.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7193
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Tickets

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:29 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:48 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:22 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:25 pm
Being reported in B.N today that all four stands will be open and the visitors will be in the top tiers?
I always shudder when I learn of away supporters being placed in upper tiers as my mind is dragged back to the final home game of 1983 vs Chelsea - loser gets relegated to the division we're now in (yes Chelsea, kids ;) ) On sound Police advice there the Chelsea fans were seated in the Burden Stand and spent most of the game ripping out the wooden seats and raining them (along with coins, lighters, batteries and anything else they could throw) down on to those of us stood in the Paddock below.

It's to be hoped that the folk of Chesterfield are rather better behaved.
There's a story somewhere in the fotball archives of a match in Italy (think it was an Inter Mian game,) where
some lunatics actually threw a motor scooter from the top tiers into the spectators below. Sounds unbelievable, but it happened.

Edit..found it...https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q= ... ow+scooter&*
I was in the paddock that day too. After the game Ken Bates denied that there had been any such incidents :roll:

A mate of mine who went to the San siro & was in the lower tier, said he couldn't understand why at half time everyone around them got up and moved. He soon realised why when flares and sparks started pouring down from the upper tiers! :shock:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17245
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Tickets

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:53 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:52 pm
Update: We have now passed the 20,000 mark for Saturday's game with @ChesterfieldFC
Wondered when we last topped 20k. It's only happened five times since we dropped from the Prem in 2012. Two of those were Boxing Days, one was a big FA Cup game, one was the last-day game Dougie dropped us out of the play-offs. For the record, in that last top-flight season every home league game topped 20k, although three or four didn't reach 21k. Anyway:

* Liverpool (FA Cup 4/2/15) 22,171
* Blackburn (26/12/14) 23,203
* Blackpool (4/5/13) 24,844
* Sheffield Wed (26/12/12) 22,292
* Leeds (2/10/12 at 8pm) 21,255

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: Tickets

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:09 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:53 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:52 pm
Update: We have now passed the 20,000 mark for Saturday's game with @ChesterfieldFC
Wondered when we last topped 20k. It's only happened five times since we dropped from the Prem in 2012. Two of those were Boxing Days, one was a big FA Cup game, one was the last-day game Dougie dropped us out of the play-offs. For the record, in that last top-flight season every home league game topped 20k, although three or four didn't reach 21k. Anyway:

* Liverpool (FA Cup 4/2/15) 22,171
* Blackburn (26/12/14) 23,203
* Blackpool (4/5/13) 24,844
* Sheffield Wed (26/12/12) 22,292
* Leeds (2/10/12 at 8pm) 21,255
all of those would have had over 4000 away fans I'd wager
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Tickets

Post by Nicko58 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:53 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:52 pm
Update: We have now passed the 20,000 mark for Saturday's game with @ChesterfieldFC
Wondered when we last topped 20k. It's only happened five times since we dropped from the Prem in 2012. Two of those were Boxing Days, one was a big FA Cup game, one was the last-day game Dougie dropped us out of the play-offs. For the record, in that last top-flight season every home league game topped 20k, although three or four didn't reach 21k. Anyway:

* Liverpool (FA Cup 4/2/15) 22,171
* Blackburn (26/12/14) 23,203
* Blackpool (4/5/13) 24,844
* Sheffield Wed (26/12/12) 22,292
* Leeds (2/10/12 at 8pm) 21,255

I'm just wondering why a night match in October against Leeds attracted so many? I know that they probably brought a few thousand but even so, it still seems a huge crowd.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8174
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Tickets

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:27 pm

I've noticed elsewhere dickhead superfans slagging off the extra attendees whilst bigging up their superfan credentials. Yawn.

Will be great to see it full.
...

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Tickets

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:53 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:52 pm
Update: We have now passed the 20,000 mark for Saturday's game with @ChesterfieldFC
Wondered when we last topped 20k. It's only happened five times since we dropped from the Prem in 2012. Two of those were Boxing Days, one was a big FA Cup game, one was the last-day game Dougie dropped us out of the play-offs. For the record, in that last top-flight season every home league game topped 20k, although three or four didn't reach 21k. Anyway:

* Liverpool (FA Cup 4/2/15) 22,171
* Blackburn (26/12/14) 23,203
* Blackpool (4/5/13) 24,844
* Sheffield Wed (26/12/12) 22,292
* Leeds (2/10/12 at 8pm) 21,255

I'm just wondering why a night match in October against Leeds attracted so many? I know that they probably brought a few thousand but even so, it still seems a huge crowd.
It was relatively early in our first season in the Championship, so expectations - and, therefore, attendances - were still high. Presumably, they brought a few thousand.

We threw away the lead and drew. We lost at Millwall the following weekend. Owen Coyle was then sacked.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3550
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Tickets

Post by malcd1 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:29 pm

I have just tried accessing the BWFC ticket section of the official website and was informed the site was busy and I was in a queue. It was 11:25pm.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Tickets

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:29 am

We've been given 4,500 tickets for Port Vale
http://mobile.bwfc.co.uk//news/article/ ... 49671.aspx
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

CurrieDayna
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:06 am

Re: Tickets

Post by CurrieDayna » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:52 pm

Has anyone got a spare ticket for Scunthorpe that I can buy off them?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Tickets

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:25 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:15 pm
i really hope we can take 4500 to Oldham!! Sheff utd did apparently....
Update: We have sold 3,000 tickets for our visit to @OfficialOAFC. On sale to ST Holders & members.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: Tickets

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:04 am

Think Oldham go on open sale tomorrow, the remaining 1200 or so, should go pretty quickly, I hope
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6335
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Re: Tickets

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 pm

we snapped up some Oldham ones this morning. Port Vale is another 7 days away. im beginning to get full of dread that i wont witness us officially clinch promotion, or even win the league!! i may elongate the easter weekend so i can make the Bury game but were away for Peterborough... such a glory hunting bastard!!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25933
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Tickets

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:39 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 pm
we snapped up some Oldham ones this morning. Port Vale is another 7 days away. im beginning to get full of dread that i wont witness us officially clinch promotion, or even win the league!! i may elongate the easter weekend so i can make the Bury game but were away for Peterborough... such a glory hunting bastard!!!
Only game I can't make is Scunny. So no doubt we'll do it there. Or will happen without us playing at some point as fixtures over Easter are later than other teams.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests