Vela's Behaviour

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Vela's Behaviour

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:40 am

I do hope to learn that this is only one side of the story, but after last week's Twitter episode, it is increasingly sounding like the boy could do with winding his neck in a bit!

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/151 ... rds_staff/
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Vela's Behaviour

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Indeed. the phrase "ideas above ones station", springs to mind.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Does sound like he'll be needing some new boots if the reports are true. Black ones mind, not them poncey coloured ones.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:52 pm

IMO its a fcuking disgrace. I like a drink as much as the next man, and they are young lads and are entitled to have a beer ot two, but rumour has it that he (Vela) had been out all night (Sat) was pissed up tweeting / responding to guy who wrote the LOV twitter match ratings that Vela didn't agree with, and then he carried on drinking on Sunday - there are rumours on other BWFC sites from witnesses that Wheater & Madine were with him in 'Retreat' on Sunday lunchtime when he was pissed up, out of control and acting the cnut - allegedly offering some of the staff out for asking him to be quiet or leave - to be fair apparently Wheater was trying to calm things down telling him to be quiet.

A few points however:

1. If the players want a few beers why not go to Manchester or somewhere outside of Bolton where they may not be recognised
2. We are in the middle of something of a slump (2 wins in the last 12 games), with automatic promotion seemingly slipping away with a very important game at Fleetwood a week later, and Vela and some other players are out getting pissed up on a Sunday afternoon, following a Saturday night session - do they not give a fcuk about fitness & preparation.
3. The team to me don't look as fit or as energetic as most other teams do - perhaps drinking at these levels affect some of our players ?
4. The discipline at the club looks lacking - recent daft bookings...Spearing, Vela, Long etc plus the Madine Sheff Utd tweets (although these could have been made when he was at Sheff Weds ?) now this Sat / Sun drinking sessions - what sort of discipline is Parkinson instilling in the squad, it appears that the players have little respect for Parkinson and the club doing things like this.

Hopefully this will bond the team together this week & they will circle the waggons and want to show everyone that they can perform well enough to nick a point at Fleetwood - but somehow I can't see it (although I'll be there - though probably sitting another yet another toothless performance)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:52 pm
1. If the players want a few beers why not go to Manchester or somewhere outside of Bolton where they may not be recognised
You've just reminded me of the time I was stood waiting for a visitor at the airport. Johan Elmander walked through without a single eyelid being batted, and I'm like "there goes our record signing". Next thing, Gary Neville walks through and you'd have thought that fecking Sinatra had just landed. :roll:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:07 pm

I guess it is easy to knee-jerk, but this is after all only one side of a story.

I've heard rumours that the sale of Zach did not go down too well with Josh and he now feels under a lot of pressure. Which are only rumours, but may explain recent events.

Again I think it is hard to maintain spirit and discipline with an ever shifting squad during a season. Players coming in, players going out...it just makes it harder.

Lets face it, we know already that under pressure many players in our squad have crumbled in the past.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
A few points however:

2. We are in the middle of something of a slump (2 wins in the last 12 games), with automatic promotion seemingly slipping away with a very important game at Fleetwood a week later, and Vela and some other players are out getting pissed up on a Sunday afternoon, following a Saturday night session - do they not give a fcuk about fitness & preparation.
3. The team to me don't look as fit or as energetic as most other teams do - perhaps drinking at these levels affect some of our players ?
4. The discipline at the club looks lacking - recent daft bookings...Spearing, Vela, Long etc plus the Madine Sheff Utd tweets (although these could have been made when he was at Sheff Weds ?) now this Sat / Sun drinking sessions - what sort of discipline is Parkinson instilling in the squad, it appears that the players have little respect for Parkinson and the club doing things like this.
Interesting that you've come to these conclusions based on a so far one-sided media report about one of our players on one occasion?

We all get it that you are not PP's biggest admirer, but to basically pin down our recent not-so-purple patch on ill-disciple throughout the club due to him not being in control, is somewhat, err, sensationalist don't you think?

I'm not defending Vela if the reports are true, but all our players are under pressure, in an ever-changing team that puts further pressure on those that are fit/able enough to play. There's a sh1t-storm raging behind the scenes at the club and it can't be a pleasant environment. Add to this the mix of Vela being young and fans getting on his back (bang out of order in my opinion - the lad runs his socks of and has more than an adequate end product), and I can see how he might lose it every now and then. Doing this in a Bolton pub may not have been the best idea he's ever had, but I don't think we can use this isolated example as a sign that PP is doing anything wrong and that the squad have no respect for him?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:34 pm

I'm sure if they want to go drinking in Manchester they could ring Phil Brown and Aidan Davison for suggestions.

Can't condone someone being a knob-head, pissed or not, but I quite like that they were out together seeing we've got no team spirit.

Joining dots based on internet rumours generally produces a Rorschach reaction – people will draw the conclusions that suit what they want to see, even if it's their mum's fanny.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:03 pm

I get that a drinking culture at a football club is the kind of thing that gets lionised in books and after dinner speeches if you're successful, and held up as the decline of western civilisation if you're not.

However, being an agressive prick is a bad look regardless of results. And for the second time in quick succession Parky's preparation for a big game will be affected by questions regarding the professionalism of one of his senior players.

As I said after the Manning spat, the lad needs to grow up. 3/4 of a good season and he's offering out trolls, sitting behind a rope getting shitfaced in the afternoon (no doubt with his 'Vela 6' snapback on) and threatening to punch a woman.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:20 pm

Hmm. I've just read that Parky's apologised to the restaurant. Is it really Parky's place to be apologising rather than the player himself?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:39 pm

I'd hope that's an "as well as" rather than an "instead of".

Spose we could do with the fines now more than ever.

Most scandalous thing to happen in Adlington since N'Goggers moved in. Or that body was found burned in a bin.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:41 pm

Move on; a prattish display of stupidity but a mistake made under the influence and accepted . The pic of Vela in the B.N shows what matters, sweat rolling off the lad and a determination to win on the pitch. Move on I say....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:12 pm

I think its an absolute crime the lad clearly cant hold his booze.

To be honest sounds like club and the gaff he was at have handled it well, just onlookers that have called in the local press. Guys got a wedge of cash and not surprised he spends a day off having a drink. Particularly when he probably feels like he is carrying that midfield. I know i'll have a pint or 5 tomorrow night.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:59 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
You've just reminded me of the time I was stood waiting for a visitor at the airport. Johan Elmander walked through without a single eyelid being batted, and I'm like "there goes our record signing". Next thing, Gary Neville walks through and you'd have thought that fecking Sinatra had just landed. :roll:
I had a similar experience when I saw Fernando Hierro in Machester Arndale once. The guy captained the Galacticos and lifted the Champions League trophy as well as being one Spain's leading appearance makers and scorers. At the time I couldn't believe he was out with his family just shopping but nobody else even seemed to recognise him.

I was tempted to say hello but as I was walking over to him he started shouting at one of his kids so I just walked past!

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:43 am

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:10 pm
Mutual acquaintance was there when this all played out. From what I've heard about the exchanges, Josh (reportedly) said some things that - even accounting for drunkenness - make me question his long term commitment to the club, on top of the spat with the staff. I'll be very surprised if Wheater didn't give him a dressing down the day after.
Might be a story there if he's staying over at Wheater's place.... :twisted:

Oh, dressing down. Sorry, misheard.... :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:34 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:43 am
throwawayboltonian wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:10 pm
Mutual acquaintance was there when this all played out. From what I've heard about the exchanges, Josh (reportedly) said some things that - even accounting for drunkenness - make me question his long term commitment to the club, on top of the spat with the staff. I'll be very surprised if Wheater didn't give him a dressing down the day after.
Might be a story there if he's staying over at Wheater's place.... :twisted:

Oh, dressing down. Sorry, misheard.... :D
:lol: