Red Rose, what a load of cobblers. Northampton, Home 3-0'clock Sat 18th March.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Red Rose, what a load of cobblers. Northampton, Home 3-0'clock Sat 18th March.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Take it away, it's a mega important one.....Only one red rose team and we're it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Red Rose, what a load of cobblers. Northampton, Home 3-0'clock Sat 18th Mar

Post by knobpolisher » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:04 pm

I reckon a 3 - 0 win is a shoe in.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Red Rose, what a load of cobblers. Northampton, Home 3-0'clock Sat 18th March.

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:55 pm

We've got a full head of steam and would be great if we can maintain momentum. I expect they'll be scrapping hard and looking to frustrate us. 2-1 win
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Red Rose, what a load of cobblers. Northampton, Home 3-0'clock Sat 18th March.

Post by twilight » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Right....I'm trying not to get too carried away by the last two games, as good as they were. All the matches from now on are going to be difficult, as teams may be going for the playoffs or fighting to stay in this division. And seeing as Matty Taylor plays for them and Keshi Anderson....ex-players and all that...I will go for a hard fought 2-1

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Not able to go to this game as I'm on holiday. Ex-players are usually our bane (Anderson/Taylor) but if we can tap into the enthusiasm of the last games I think we'll just edge it. And to the gimp in North Stand who constantly moans the entire game and brings his kid only for the kid to mirror his dad, take your head out your backside.
Pfffft.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:43 am

TKIZ! wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:18 pm
Not able to go to this game as I'm on holiday. Ex-players are usually our bane (Anderson/Taylor) but if we can tap into the enthusiasm of the last games I think we'll just edge it. And to the gimp in North Stand who constantly moans the entire game and brings his kid only for the kid to mirror his dad, take your head out your backside.

Can I swap them for the pillocks behind me who spend all game checking their phones for other results and how their bets are doing?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:34 am

I'll offer a swap with the miserable old farts behind us, who clearly take advantage of cheap family tickets whilst having no one under the age of 50 in sight, who moan and swear all through the game, irrespective of what is happening. Against Wimbledon one of them spent the first 30 mins complaining that Ameobi was playing terribly and should be hauled off, until his mate reminded him he doesn't play for us any more......

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:52 am

Too many amptons....Northampton is actually way south of Bolton, about 80 or so miles away from ampton, 160 or so miles from Southampton and sixty odd miles away from Wolverampton which is 150 miles away from Southampton and....oh, never mind.... :|

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:07 pm

I'm confident that we'll beat Northampton Town, tomorrow afternoon, by at least a two goal margin.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:11 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
I'll swap you for the pair sat behind us. The kid is a miserable little shit who slags off virtually everyone. The Dad once berated one of our players for taking the ball into the corner in the last minute, whilst a goal up. 'Cross it, that's boring' was his somewhat uneducated viewpoint. He has an incredibly annoying voice too! :box:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Weather's getting a bit frisky to say the least.Wind is pretty strong right now; hope it won't be a factor against us.I don't mind if the ball gets blown over their goalie's head into the net a couple of times mind. Any which way will do. Should the day be mild we'll dazzle em with total football. Another four goal win might just be on the cards, quien sabe? :wink:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:48 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:11 pm
TKIZ! wrote:
I'll swap you for the pair sat behind us. The kid is a miserable little shit who slags off virtually everyone. The Dad once berated one of our players for taking the ball into the corner in the last minute, whilst a goal up. 'Cross it, that's boring' was his somewhat uneducated viewpoint. He has an incredibly annoying voice too! :box:
It'd be hilarious to find you all sit behind each other :lol:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:39 am

I shall be attempting to follow from Cambodia. COYWM.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:45 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:39 am
I shall be attempting to follow from Cambodia. COYWM.
Campo Cheer?

Very nice!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:27 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:48 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
I did wonder if that was the case when I read the post by TKIZ. :lol: N126 in the North Lower for the record.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:59 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
I suspect it would also cause some scientific interest.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:25 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:27 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
I did wonder if that was the case when I read the post by TKIZ. :lol: N126 in the North Lower for the record.
All I can say is, not me guv, I'm thousands of miles away :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:28 am

Only been in the North stand a couple of times; always prefer the East Lower, but I got seated right behind Jussi at one game, brilliant view but unfortunately Bolton's answer to Gene Krupa thought so too; he was about ten feet away. I was cured for ever more. :|

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:32 pm

I'm with my Pops at around 160 mark. So it's definitely not you behind or in front. But the fella with his son literally shouts abuse at Madine et al from kick off to final whistle. He said after the Wimbledon game that Parky should be sacked.
Pfffft.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:47 pm

BWFC 2-0 Northampton !!!