Time to Bury one and get us out of this league? Home - Tuesday 18th 8.00pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Time to Bury one and get us out of this league? Home - Tuesday 18th 8.00pm

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Draw at oldham would have been pretty fecking handy

As it is we have to go to port vale, who are dogshit.

Hope Madines back we definitley can't set a team up to score without him. Which for a team supposedly second best in the league is a disgrace.

If we don't go up its a massive feck up by PP. Absolutely monumental.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:27 pm

I'm sure it's fantasy, but it almost sounds like some are actually wishing the heebies on us. Scunthorpe have to play Sheffield who surely aren't going to go suddenly easy meat for anybody and do folk think because we scored four past Gillingham the Kippers are going to automatically beat them? We have two games, we need to win them and nobody can then stop us; it's that simple. We did ourselves no favours losing to Oldham instead of what should have been a cert win. That's football.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:27 pm
I'm sure it's fantasy, but it almost sounds like some are actually wishing the heebies on us. Scunthorpe have to play Sheffield who surely aren't going to go suddenly easy meat for anybody and do folk think because we scored four past Gillingham the Kippers are going to automatically beat them? We have two games, we need to win them and nobody can then stop us; it's that simple. We did ourselves no favours losing to Oldham instead of what should have been a cert win. That's football.
Sunthorpe play Swindon and Coventry. 2 sides in the bottom 4. One already relegated.

Fleetwood play Gillingham and Oldham.

We need to beat either Oldham or Peterborough to nullify the threat from Scuthorpe as they'll get the goal difference down.

It's not wishing, it's a geniune fear that we might screw this up.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:36 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:00 pm
Fully signed up and in the 'we've fcked this' camp.

Parkys tactics. When its shit its very fecking shit.
Yes me too unfortunately after that - but Parkinson has fcuked it up though, he is one of the most boring, negative, clueless, tactically naïve managers I think I've ever seen, the 1st half was shocking one of the worst performances of the season & there have been many

ALF again on his own, with the rest of the team absolutely clueless in how to play football, they looked like they had only just met & never trained together previously, and the keeper & back 3 firing aimless ball after aimless ball at his head. ALF was magnificent all over the pitch, an absolute thankless task thanks to Parkinson, very unlucky 2nd half with his shot that hit the bar & came out.

Our midfield were shocking until Henry came on to inject some pace with his directness - Derik & Pratley where absolutely abysmal and I mean abysmal (both with 2 out of 10 performances) - we were unlucky in the last 10-15 mins with all of the possession and quicker tempo, and they certainly had a go - but all Morais kept doing was firing high cross after high cross and we rarely had anyone but ALF in the box.

That farce with Pratley on the touchline was amateur - playing with 10 men for 5 mins, whilst they tried to bandage his head and then sent him down the tunnel - he should have been subbed immediately.

Parkinson is like a rabbit caught in the headlights - and its Parkinson who has probably cost us promotion, because we certainly won't win the play offs because we can't score goals. Also, its not just me the majority sat around & near me tonight were calling Parkinson clueless.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Plenty of downright wrong information knocking about. We ain't playing Oldham again, neither are Fleetwood, and Scunny aren't playing Sheffield.

This Saturday: Vale-Bolton, Gillingham-Fleetwood, Swindon-Scunny
Final Sunday: Bolton-Peterborough, Fleetwood-Vale, Scunny-Cov

I would expect both our nearest chasers to get six points, but then I bet they expected us to get more than one from Oldham and Bury.

There's also the idea that Vale (who host us then visit Fleetwood) might play out of their skin to save themselves, as might Swindon at home to Scunny, so that more or less evens out.

It's still in our hands and I still wouldn't swap. Winnable away game then finish at home to mid-table team. The trouble is the absence of goal threat without Gary Madinearadona.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:42 pm

Scunthorpe have to play swindon not Sheffield which is a different prospect all together.

Good effort from the players tonight. A lot of rushed opportunities. Unlucky not to win after being the better side.

Next match is not a must win. Whatever gets us over that line at the end of the season is what counts.

Like big sam said before the Middlesbrough game in 2003. No beating about the bush go out there and win that ducking game.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:44 pm

Didn't go. But it's just going to be the same story as Oldham, Chesterfield etc. That chairman wants a kick in the cnut as well for coming out last night and telling us all we can play without Madine. Obvious then he wsn't fit. What a dickhead. Stick to the books pal and leave the football to the guys on the pitch.

We should of had a go with Long or Henry on from the start. Team selection far too negative. An early goal would have calmed the nerves. Parky hoping for a late one and falling short again. Piss poor.

And its still in our fecking hands! Get Madine a pair of bollocks and get him out on the pitch next Saturday! Might be the lift we need!

This does have all the hallmarks of a BWFC final day fcuk up though. Just like most end of seasons in the last decade...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 pm
Plenty of downright wrong information knocking about. We ain't playing Oldham again, neither are Fleetwood, and Scunny aren't playing Sheffield.

I would expect both our nearest chasers to get six points, but then I bet they expected us to get more than one from Oldham and Bury.

There's also the idea that Vale (who host us then visit Fleetwood) might play out of their skin to save themselves, as might Swindon at home to Scunny, so that more or less evens out.

It's still in our hands and I still wouldn't swap. Winnable away game then finish at home to mid-table team. The trouble is the absence of goal threat without Gary Madinearadona.
Mate, it's gone. Give it up. We've hit another bad streak at exactly the wrong time. Momentum has slipped away, and heads have gone on the pitch and in the dressing room.

Hate to agree with PT but what the hell were they thinking messing round with Pratley? He should have been off long before then.

Even Madine can't save us now. We've totally let it slip. Technically it is still doable. But when you create, virtually nothing at home to Bury then how will we score the goals required?

All those who slagged Madine. His influence on this team is now crystal clear. Take him out and we've got feck all.

Also got a disagree with anyone saying Henry looked good. I mean he runs with it, but then over hits every cross.

Parky talking about playing Karacan on Saturday...sorry, whole thing has fallen apart at the seams.

Absolutely gutted right now. I never thought we'd done it, but equally didn't see us finishing as badly as this. One goal in five. Not sure we've created a proper chance tonight in the box either.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:46 pm

Oh, and Parky's post match 'we've just got to keep going'. Well, yes. But it would be nice to see something more inspirational. Sounds like a beaten man tonight in my view. First time I've sensed that.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:49 pm

Henry didn't play well, but looked more likely than anyone else. That's how low the bar is. Fleetwood might get an attack of the jitters now, pp's non madine plan might finally click after find false starts. Ok.im grasping, but it's far from over. I'd say 50-50 with their better form balancing out out points advantage.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:50 pm

The problem isnt madine being the fcking messiah but PP having absolutely fcuk all clue what to do without him...and if he was was that important to "the plan" why let Procter go on loan as his only natiral replacement that isnt connor wilkinson.

PP got us to 7 points clear (still 2 clear even now!) so he needa to get a plan together for the final push! Otherwise he's gonna look a right c*nt!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:46 pm
Oh, and Parky's post match 'we've just got to keep going'. Well, yes. But it would be nice to see something more inspirational. Sounds like a beaten man tonight in my view. First time I've sensed that.
You sound like a beaten man and you're imagining things.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:55 pm

Think it's just frustration. Would like to have seen Madina say he would risk it tonight.

There's only so much Parkinson can do. Think we're all hoping for something to fall for us. We've hit the woodwork a few times and other teams are hitting really good form. Playing later than other teams hasn't helped mentally. A bit of luck would go a long way.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
He's a beaten man because he's clueless, its an almighty fcuk up / calamity all caused by Parkinson not having any other tactic that hoof ball - there was a 10 minute spell in the 1st half when about 5 or 6 balls from Howard (who is a poor keeper BTW), and the back 3 just sailed over ALF's head out went straight out for a goal kick. The team played head tennis for about 10 mins as well, no one wanted to take responsibility to get the ball down & play it to feet, apart from about 65 mins onwards when the back 3 showed for the ball and Howard rolled it out once or twice.

He simply doesn't know what to do to & how to try something different - as usual it was simply too defensive, when we went forward the midfield just ambled, strolled forward like it was a pre season friendly we rarely had more that one or two players in the box (apart from the last 10-15 mins).

In a pub league we have failed to score and work the opposition keeper more than once or twice in the last 3 games - absolutely shocking, check out other BWFC forums, the majority who go regularly and who went tonight are blaming Parkinson for being negative and clueless.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:01 pm

We're two points ahead of the pack, not six behind!! Have a bit of f*cking faith.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:45 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Mate, it's gone. Give it up.
Oh, alright then, in that case let's pack up for summer. See you here on August 1?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:58 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He's a beaten man because he's clueless, its an almighty fcuk up / calamity all caused by Parkinson not having any other tactic that hoof ball - there was a 10 minute spell in the 1st half when about 5 or 6 balls from Howard (who is a poor keeper BTW), and the back 3 just sailed over ALF's head out went straight out for a goal kick. The team played head tennis for about 10 mins as well, no one wanted to take responsibility to get the ball down & play it to feet, apart from about 65 mins onwards when the back 3 showed for the ball and Howard rolled it out once or twice.

He simply doesn't know what to do to & how to try something different - as usual it was simply too defensive, when we went forward the midfield just ambled, strolled forward like it was a pre season friendly we rarely had more that one or two players in the box (apart from the last 10-15 mins).

In a pub league we have failed to score and work the opposition keeper more than once or twice in the last 3 games - absolutely shocking, check out other BWFC forums, the majority who go regularly and who went tonight are blaming Parkinson for being negative and clueless.
It's a few things. The team tonight was wrong. Even after that nobody stood up to be counted apart from young Josh, rest treated the ball like a grenade and couldn't wait to get rid, anywhere, and everywhere.

I think the plan was to play more football. We didn't aim for Pratley's head like at Oldham. But that plan failed as Derik, Spearing' and Pratley couldn't pass water between them let alone a football.

Do think that the team selection tonight was very wrong.

On the manager, perspective and time still leaves him having done a very good job. It's a shame we haven't managed to complete it. And he, along with the players all must take the blame.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:03 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:34 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sunthorpe play Swindon and Coventry. 2 sides in the bottom 4. One already relegated.

We need to beat either Oldham or Peterborough to nullify the threat from Scuthorpe as they'll get the goal difference down.

Ah, my error, was reading the fixtures across instead of in the box. But we play Pot Vale and Peterboro, not Oldham.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:03 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:34 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

Ah, my error, was reading the fixtures across instead of in the box. But we play Pot Vale and Peterboro, not Oldham.
Mine is down to tiredness and rushing, been up since 4.20am.

Either way. A sneaky win at the weekend and others dropping points would do nicely.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:06 pm

To sum it up - First half absolutely rubbish. Poor team selection (too negative). I have never seen the ball in the air as much in 45 minutes as that first half. Long ball after long ball from both sides.

Second half - Pretty much the same until Derik was substituted for Henry. We then started to get the ball on the floor to Morais. Vela and Henry were overlapping and making runs past their defense. Threatened almost every time we got the ball although they defended the crosses very well. Why we didn't start like that I don't know.

Parky should give himself a punch in the face for the team he picked. Bury were there for the taking and we should have come away with all three points. We have become a very predictable team. Give it to Morais and hope he finds one of our players.

A draw at Port Vale and a win in our last game should be enough but I don't want to be biting my nails until the final whistle against Peterborough.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.