"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:40 am

No one have Sky go? Stream commentary off your phone...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:18 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:40 am
It's about 30 seconds behind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:02 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:08 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:37 pm
The girls' team I help manage have their county cup final at 10am on Sunday. Which will be helpful in parsing the day into Things I Can Affect and Things I Cannot, but it does mean that I won't see all the game, unless I watch it in the Merstham FC social club.
You be pleased to hear that "The Venue" (free hire on Fridays) has Sky! :D

http://www.merstham.co.uk/thevenue/faci ... lities.htm
Heh - yeah, I clocked that. On Merstham FC' s club website it says also has BT, so there's not much chance of us being the preferred feature in the United stronghold of Surrey.

Think I'll be checking my phone during the girls' celebrations/commiserations, then making my excuses and listening to 5 Live while razzing round the M25 hoping to get back for the second half (I live about 45 mins away from the final venue).
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:18 am
Worthy4England wrote:
I've got Sky Q - it should be 30 seconds in front :D but probably not in 3G...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:04 am

tried to listen to wanderersplayer commentary on Saturday so id get updates from fleetwood and scunny games... had to sack it of because it was miiiiiiiiiiiiles behind!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:26 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:18 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Should keep pace with Moxey then. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:41 pm

Rosler has been through all this before of course...not that long ago...manager of Brentford that day.
Brentford 0-1 Doncaster, 2013

How joy can turn to despair, and vice versa, in 18 seconds. Brentford fans and Marcello Trotta - look away now.

Doncaster began the final day of the League One season needing a draw at Griffin Park to be promoted. A Brentford win would have taken the Bees up instead.

With the score 0-0 in the 94th minute, referee Michael Oliver awarded the home side a penalty. Trotta stepped up and thumped it against the crossbar.

Rovers immediately broke forward and James Coppinger netted the winner for the visitors at the other end.

That goal and results elsewhere meant Doncaster were champions. Brentford finished third and lost to Yeovil in the play-off final.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:02 pm

Dartisan wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:29 am
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:46 pm
Dartisan wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:49 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:22 pm
Dartisan wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Take good luck up with you hey. I'd love to be going up for it but can't really justify the last-minute train costs. Now it's confirmed as being shown on Sky I think MegsEleven/OwensEleven and I are gonna line up a pub in London town suitably footie-focused for viewing such a momentous match (and hopefully a few post-match celebratory pints too).

Are any others London-based up for a central meet-up to watch it? Venue TBC, probably a sports bar or similar.
Whatever Usual Suspects name Verbal/kint/Keyser Soze is under these days and I will be at the Famous Cock on Highbury corner. Good beer and will defo both have it and show it.
/thumbs-up\ Easy to get there for us so may well join ya. Looks like it's a 12 opening there on a Sunday though? Might be a close call for kick off. Do they tend to show 2 games simultaneous in there? Feckin' Utd are on BT Sports at the same time it seems.
We had our end-of-season do there last year so think I've got the manager's e-mail address somewhere. Will dig that out and check. They've always been good before, put us on one screen if there's something else on. Doubt we'll get commentary, but doubt we will anywhere if that fecking lot are on. Will report back but assume we'll be on.
/another thumbs up\
Commentary would be good, but yeah unlikely in most white Utd are on I guess.
We're good. He's even going to reserve us a table. Doors only open at 12 though so one to be on time for!

Anyone else? Think we'll meet outside :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:09 pm

bolton.png
bolton.png (4.7 KiB) Viewed 2773 times
We are on't telly.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Shame that. Was hoping we might get near a sell, now we'll be lucky to get 22k on the gate, I reckon
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:02 pm
Dartisan wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:29 am
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:46 pm
Dartisan wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:49 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Whatever Usual Suspects name Verbal/kint/Keyser Soze is under these days and I will be at the Famous Cock on Highbury corner. Good beer and will defo both have it and show it.
/thumbs-up\ Easy to get there for us so may well join ya. Looks like it's a 12 opening there on a Sunday though? Might be a close call for kick off. Do they tend to show 2 games simultaneous in there? Feckin' Utd are on BT Sports at the same time it seems.
We had our end-of-season do there last year so think I've got the manager's e-mail address somewhere. Will dig that out and check. They've always been good before, put us on one screen if there's something else on. Doubt we'll get commentary, but doubt we will anywhere if that fecking lot are on. Will report back but assume we'll be on.
/another thumbs up\
Commentary would be good, but yeah unlikely in most white Utd are on I guess.
We're good. He's even going to reserve us a table. Doors only open at 12 though so one to be on time for!

Anyone else? Think we'll meet outside :D
Nice one good work that man, sound on & everything? Yeah outside knocking on the door at 11:45-ish it is then I guess, perhaps huddled around a mobile to watch the build up :)
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:31 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:32 pm
Shame that. Was hoping we might get near a sell, now we'll be lucky to get 22k on the gate, I reckon
I thought that but BN reporting that they're hoping to top the 23k Chesterfield gate and have opened South Lower to home fans.

Means I get to see it anyway, so fcuk the gate! In Swansea on a stag do and Swans play Man U at the same time so thought we'd struggle but stag knows a ub manager who's putting it on for us. Probably in a cupboard under the stairs.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:50 pm

There's availability in all but 4 blocks of the stadium
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:52 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:50 pm
There's availability in all but 4 blocks of the stadium
Ah. Fake news then!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Probably trying to hype it up to sell tickets. Fair enough.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:41 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:31 pm
In Swansea on a stag do

Suddenly I feel much more confident of promotion. :wink:
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 pm

Eeeeeeeeagles!

Vale have scored a late goal at Walsall to go one up. If they win, they've everything to play for at Fleetwood on Sunday.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:36 pm

Game over. 1-0 to Vale.

Superb.
Businesswoman of the year.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:37 pm

Good lad, Chris Eagles!
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:39 pm

So Vale still alive... nice.

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:42 pm

Always liked Eagles
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!