"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:46 pm

Not expecting that. Definitely changes the dynamic on Sunday now. Gives Vale something to fight for.

They still would need a win to survive. Which is going to be tough at Fleetwood, but still, gives them something to play for.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:46 pm
Not expecting that. Definitely changes the dynamic on Sunday now. Gives Vale something to fight for.

They still would need a win to survive. Which is going to be tough at Fleetwood, but still, gives them something to play for.
Indeed. Certainly better than them rocking up having been relegated.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:11 pm

Also means peterbrorough cant change positions at all on Sunday win lose or draw.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:52 pm

...and as a bonus ball means there's still a chance of Bury going down.

I mean, it's not the main issue this weekend but it's possible that within the space of 24 hours we could see Wigan relegated, Blackburn relegated, Bury relegated and Bolton promoted... followed by a bank holiday off.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:59 pm

I think it changes little (although might give us a better chance). Fleetwood need to win to give themselves a shot at automatic. We need to win to ensure it irregardless of what they do. No change!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:10 pm

I dunno, you could see PV rolling over away from home if already down. It means they are more likely to scrap for a result. For us yeah we still need to sort ourselves out so no change there.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:34 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:41 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:31 pm
In Swansea on a stag do

Suddenly I feel much more confident of promotion. :wink:
Oi! That hoodoo was purely away games. And was broken at Vale.
I shall be considered a proper lucky charm from now on.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:59 pm
I think it changes little (although might give us a better chance). Fleetwood need to win to give themselves a shot at automatic. We need to win to ensure it irregardless of what they do. No change!
A fired up vale with a glimmer of a chance might just nick a point which would make our result irrelevant.

We only need a point not a win.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:38 pm

Unless of course your away hoodoo has just swapped to a home hoodoo after flipping over at Vale...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:37 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
A fired up vale with a glimmer of a chance might just nick a point which would make our result irrelevant.

Yes and yes, but to be absolutely sure, nowt has changed. We still go out to win. :-)

Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Billbob » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:45 pm

Surely Chris eagles to score the winner for port vale against Fleetwood and keep them up

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:59 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:40 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:37 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

Yes and yes, but to be absolutely sure, nowt has changed. We still go out to win. :-)
Yes. You still have to expect Fleetwood to win and this require us not to lose. Or better win.

It hasn't changed that. I just think PV going there already down is a lot worse than what we've got now. There is a small chance they go there, snatch a result and promote us without our result mattering. Small chance. But if they were down I'd make that no chance.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:05 am

Obviously we have to go out to win and be positive and trust our defence. If we start defensively that would be ridiculous. Fleetwood should win but like us have slipped up at home at times.

popeyedoyle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by popeyedoyle » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:38 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:52 pm
...and as a bonus ball means there's still a chance of Bury going down.

I mean, it's not the main issue this weekend but it's possible that within the space of 24 hours we could see Wigan relegated, Blackburn relegated, Bury relegated and Bolton promoted... followed by a bank holiday off.
Oh please make it happen.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:49 am

There's a possibility - statistically, quite a strong one - that that game will end with Fleetwood thwarted and Vale relegated.

If Fleetwood score a winner/equaliser late on with us 2-0 or 3-0 up, I wonder if they'll still play the Captain Pugwash theme?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:18 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:49 am
There's a possibility - statistically, quite a strong one - that that game will end with Fleetwood thwarted and Vale relegated.

If Fleetwood score a winner/equaliser late on with us 2-0 or 3-0 up, I wonder if they'll still play the Captain Pugwash theme?
Since January we've played 10 home games. Drawn 5, lost 2 won 3. 2 of those 3 wins by a single goal that came in the last 10 minutes of the game!

If you want to talk statistically, this group of players we have now, haven't been in a comfortable winning position at home more than once.

So statistically our game will likely be tight.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:25 am

So statistically there's an 80% chance of not losing? Which actually isn't very tight at all?
Businesswoman of the year.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:30 am

More sphincter tightening; us 0-0 in the last 10 mins with Fleetwood a couple of goals up. Just putting an uncomfortable scenario out there...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 am

Surely v little chance Fleetwood-Vale ends in a draw? Helps neither of them.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:41 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 am
Surely v little chance Fleetwood-Vale ends in a draw? Helps neither of them.
I'm not sure the fact a draw helps neither side makes it statistically less likely. They will both be going for the win and may end up scoring an equal number of goals as a result.