"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:46 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:34 pm
I enjoyed today ... a lot.

The calmer I've ever been for any of our, all too frequent, 'decider' matches. I was never nervous and the performance justified that.

There are some good players in that squad and Parkinson knows how to find them on the cheap as he's proven many times now. It's a higher level and we'll need some good additions but I'm confident he'll get them (Ameobi is out on contract as at now btw).

I hear a lot about his only having one pls. That's, firstly, incorrect and secondly, after the last 5 years, so bloody what if it is ?

I have no illusions about next season being simple but I don't fear it either.

The one really sad thing is that next year's squad won't contain anyone that I know I'm a better player than ... assuming Liam Trotter finally clears off.
Good to see you back amigo. Great day all round... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Very nervous before kick off, which was eased slightly by Karacan's excellent finish from Dervite's sublime cross. Celebrated Wheater's goal and turned to HG to say there was no way they were going to score 3. HG looked at me as if I had just announced that I was going to sleep with his (non-existent) sister! :lol: So pleased to see ALF bag the third, at which point HG afforded himself a 'We are going up' chant! I knew at that point that we were up! :)

Subjected Mrs & Miss BP to an edited version of the game later and spotted myself with HG on the telly. What a day!!

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:59 pm

Wonderful day, great performance. Biggest feeling is one of relief. We are no longer on the same trajectory as Coventry i.e. a journey to oblivion. We have got to make progress off the field now. On the bright side we have got a lot of Championship level players in the club. We need to sign Wheater, Dervite, Spearing, Karacan, Taylor, Morais, Madine, Le Fondre, and hopefully Ameobi. Getting rid of Mark Davies, Trotter, Moxey, Wilson and Buxton should give us some money to sign some young talented attacking players on loan from Prem clubs or from abroad. Every chance we can get a mid table Championship squad for a similar wage bill.

Anyway a lot of that is for the coming weeks. Lets thoroughly enjoy today for now. :pissed:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:17 pm

Our destiny "was" in the stars today. Top class performance served champagne style by a team of fighting heroes. The togetherness of this team is there to see and if ever a game was a team effort, surely today was that. What the future holds is tomorrow, today was Bolton's day hands down. Well done the Whites.... :oyea:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:22 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:55 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:40 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:22 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:57 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:52 pm
Has BWFCi stopped panicking yet? Onwards.
:laugh:

I think they had us all on the edge at one point.

Highlights are up if you have been under a rock today.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26451&start=40#p1041159
Not available outside the UK - I'll have to wait till tomorrow.
Gimme 2 minutes. I'll upload it elsewhere.
Try now.
Thanks, I had to leave it half an hour to load but then it ran without stopping every 30 seconds. Well worth the wait!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:31 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:34 pm
I enjoyed today ... a lot.

The calmer I've ever been for any of our, all too frequent, 'decider' matches. I was never nervous and the performance justified that.

There are some good players in that squad and Parkinson knows how to find them on the cheap as he's proven many times now. It's a higher level and we'll need some good additions but I'm confident he'll get them (Ameobi is out on contract as at now btw).

I hear a lot about his only having one plan. That's, firstly, incorrect and secondly, after the last 5 years, so bloody what if it is ?

I have no illusions about next season being simple but I don't fear it either.

The one really sad thing is that next year's squad won't contain anyone that I know I'm a better player than ... assuming Liam Trotter finally clears off.
Welcome back.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:38 pm

Amazing to think that was the first ever promotion secured at the Reebok....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:47 pm

Liked Karacan a lot. Seemed very dynamic, made some very good runs down the left but back to defend as wel. Would sign him, and Taylor as well for sure. Think we'll sign ALF permanently as well. Loves the club obviously. Also Morais, I was watching him as well at the end when he dropped and kissed the pitch. Proper good moment that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:48 pm

Just seen the Karacan goal again on sky. Reverse angle definitely looks like a total fluke off his shin!

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:50 pm

Just brilliant. Utterly brilliant today. Team was superb from start to finish (apart from a few moments of panic for 10 mins before half time. Madine was excellent for the first 60 mins, but tired towards the end. Beevers and Wheater as per usual. Vela never stopped running. Morais' quality is without doubt, and ALF has been a great signing.

Admittedly Peterbrough didn't offer too much, but we were excellent.

One thing though - and apologies to anyone on here who was involved - but what a complete bunch of bell-ends who ran on the pitch before the end - well done knob-heads. On national TV too - a great advert for us....... Thanks for that.

Bring on the championship.......

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:48 pm
Just seen the Karacan goal again on sky. Reverse angle definitely looks like a total fluke off his shin!
No it doesn't. At all. Only in your pathetically negative head. However, even if it came off of his left tit what would it matter? You miserable c*nt?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
No it doesn't. At all. Only in your pathetically negative head. However, even if it came off of his left tit what would it matter? You miserable c*nt?
Calm down, I couldn't care less. He was great today. Heard someone say it came off his shin and from one angle does look like it.

Doesn't matter. If it was indeed lucky, we damn well deserved it after our recent ability to hit the post and bar.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:13 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:50 pm
One thing though - and apologies to anyone on here who was involved - but what a complete bunch of bell-ends who ran on the pitch before the end - well done knob-heads. On national TV too - a great advert for us....... Thanks for that.
I lost me temper with them when they burst on before full time, particularly those two pricks who were swinging off the south stand crossbar but d'you know what we've had it shite for like ten years. Ten fooking years and today a lot of folk who maybe should know better let off steam with good reason to be happy so fair play to them.

Who cares? We're up.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:15 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:13 pm
dave the minion wrote:
I lost me temper with them when they burst on before full time, particularly those two pricks who were swinging off the south stand crossbar but d'you know what we've had it shite for like ten years. Ten fooking years and today a lot of folk who maybe should know better let off steam with good reason to be happy so fair play to them.

Who cares? We're up.
Yep. Same as at Port Vale. Bit of over exuberance, but people were just happy. Was actually impressed with how quickly we all got off the pitch for the trophy presentation. Didn't see that happening tbh.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:15 pm
CrazyHorse wrote:
dave the minion wrote:

Who cares? We're up.
Yep. Same as at Port Vale. Bit of over exuberance, but people were just happy. Was actually impressed with how quickly we all got off the pitch for the trophy presentation. Didn't see that happening tbh.
i take it that you were one of the pitch-invading wankers then? Despite being asked not to and having been informed as to how the club might be punished for it? I'd have stuck the 4ucking sprinklers on.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:22 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:15 pm
CrazyHorse wrote:
dave the minion wrote:

Who cares? We're up.
i take it that you were one of the pitch-invading wankers then? Despite being asked not to and having been informed as to how the club might be punished for it? I'd have stuck the 4ucking sprinklers on.
Too right, if you can't enjoy a day like that. Christ. I was hardly sprinting to be first on. But yeah. I would have been annoyed if people had refused to get off, but apart from a few ESL idiots everyone was good.

End of the day if they wanted to stop a pitch invasion they could have, by having stewards right round the side with some police. They practically invited one today.

Reminded me of Preston in 93. Great stuff.

Burnden probably didn't even have sprinklers.... :wink:

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:39 pm

I agree Bruce. Pitch invasion at the end is inevitable, and to be honest everyone was expecting it. However, before the end of the game - f*cking pathetic, every last one of them. An absolute disgrace. I don't buy over-exuberance, I just think people are inherently stupid. Sorry. There were 22,000 Bolton fans in there today who've endured 10 years of shit, but 21,800 of them had the intelligence and decency not to disrupt the game.
Loved it today, but felt thoroughly let down by those dickheads...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:45 pm

Fairy nuff like. But for me, I'd forgive 'em; there's nowt can spoil the day today.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Why on earth even bring that up? Even on a day like today you still look for negatives? We needed a nerve calming goal, a smart bit of play produced one; what the hell does it matter what the ball came off? It was directed at goal and went in. Karajan didn't look like he was caring and I'm sure most of the thousands supporting Bolton didn't. Have a saspirilla or two and play "Home in Pasadena" on your Tommy-tooter or something, but smile.....pleez... :wink:

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:55 pm

agree with that too - still a great day and i aint letting a few knob-heads spoil it!!!