"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon May 01, 2017 4:09 pm

twilight wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 4:08 pm
I'm just chilling today, basking in the glory of yesterday, loving the fact we have gone up automatically and no stress of the playoffs....cheers :pissed:
This 100%.....

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon May 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Hilarious that we and Channel 5 have inspired such bitterness and bile from Blades fans. :lol:

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?t ... age.54963/

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 6:08 pm
Hilarious that we and Channel 5 have inspired such bitterness and bile from Blades fans. :lol:

Noticed that. They also have a thread complaining we got a trophy. What a bunch of idiots. They just won the league and are moaning on about us.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Almost signed up to reply to that thread, then decided I wouldn't bother. Nobody on here ever begrudged Sheffield topping the league, even wished them well, and since when have we ( or any other club) had any say on what goes on TV? What did they want exactly, twelve months of Sheffield "how we won the league" re-runs? Plonkers. Get on with it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 01, 2017 7:27 pm

Plenty of great photos from yesterday doing the rounds. Looks like the lads got straight on it and Wheaters acceptance song for player of the year...Wheevers Wheevers! Haha superb

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon May 01, 2017 9:30 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 7:27 pm
Plenty of great photos from yesterday doing the rounds. Looks like the lads got straight on it and Wheaters acceptance song for player of the year...Wheevers Wheevers! Haha superb

Not Wheat's finest moment! :D

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... into_song/
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon May 01, 2017 9:55 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 4:05 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 4:03 pm
Get a grip folks and just enjoy yesterday....it was a great day to be a BWFC fan, and we've not had many over recent years have we.

Anyone complaining today about the pitch invasions yesterday needs to seriously relax and chill out FFS....hardly crime of the century, just remember when you were younger & probably on the pitch at Burnden in 93.

The ones who came on early as BWFCI said had apparently heard a whistle (someone in the ESL), I was annoyed as anyone at the time, but apart from the knob head swinging on the cross bar who wants a good shoeing they where only celebrating going up !, it wasn't like they invaded the pitch on 80 mins it was a few seconds ahead of the whistle.
I fully understand the joy but what if the Celtic fans had invaded the pitch to celebrate hammering Rangers?

It's the world we live in.

That might be the world we live, but as a scenario it's got nothing to do with what happened yesterday. We're talking about a game played almost entirely in front of Bolton fans, against a team we have absolutely no rivalry with.

I think copyright laws are also generally a good thing, but good luck to anyone who watched yesterday's game on Kodi.

popeyedoyle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by popeyedoyle » Mon May 01, 2017 10:04 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 4:09 pm
twilight wrote:
I'm just chilling today, basking in the glory of yesterday, loving the fact we have gone up automatically and no stress of the playoffs....cheers :pissed:
This 100%.....
Me too and I'll watch the playoffs with interest but very relaxed.

Joggers Nipple
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Joggers Nipple » Mon May 01, 2017 10:29 pm

popeyedoyle wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 10:04 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 4:09 pm
twilight wrote:
This 100%.....
Me too and I'll watch the playoffs with interest but very relaxed.
Come on Fleetwood!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue May 02, 2017 8:43 am

Really hope Scunthorpe get to the final and lose to an injury time winner.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:24 am

DJBlu wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 8:43 am
Really hope Scunthorpe get to the final and lose to an injury time winner.

Why?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 02, 2017 10:43 am

I'm a pragmatist. Scunny I'd reckon would gaffe the lowest budget next year. Milwall is local. Either of them for me.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 02, 2017 10:46 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 10:43 am
I'm a pragmatist. Scunny I'd reckon would gaffe the lowest budget next year. Milwall is local. Either of them for me.
Anybody but Millwall. The violent, thuggish c*nts. I hope that they get to the final and lose in the 94th minute. Not that any of the c*nts might be bothered about the football, mind.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 02, 2017 10:46 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 10:43 am
Yep.

Fleetwood deserve it most for their achievements though IMO.

Bradford will win them I think.

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Tue May 02, 2017 10:59 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 10:27 am
Slept for 12 hours and no hangover; what a weekend, what a game, what a club.

Plenty time for worrying about next year.

Ps. Karacan shinned it (but what a shin) and pitch invasions are ace, so there!
No hangover? You git :) The less said about my journey home, involving my getting the wrong train - twice, the better! :D Up until then: great fun, cheers lads :pissed:

...and a great match to watch - what a change it made to see us win so comfortably and confidently. A performance to be proud of, and personally I'll revel in the afterglow of securing promotion for quite a while longer before I move on to any fears for the future.

WATOAOW!
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Notable that one more than one occasion the commentators (radio first half, Sky second) applauded how our performance showed an almost total lack of nerves. Top marks to Parky.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 02, 2017 12:56 pm

A perfect end top a successful season. Some great football played and the final goal by Le Fondre, who whilst not prolific, perfectly encapsulates the spirit and work ethic of the team.

my 4 year old got her first pitch invasion at full-time and she absolutely loved it. A great day all round.

I absolutely love this club
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 02, 2017 12:57 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 12:56 pm
A perfect end top a successful season. Some great football played and the final goal by Le Fondre, who whilst not prolific, perfectly encapsulates the spirit and work ethic of the team.

my 4 year old got her first pitch invasion at full-time and she absolutely loved it. A great day all round.

I absolutely love this club
What a disgrace. Hope she was detained and cautioned for breaking the law. :wink:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 9:37 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am
dave the minion wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 8:54 am
Spartan2 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:17 pm
The ESL is 90% of the atmosphere of the stadium to moan about them running on the pitch is pathetic.

Running on early was a mistake people thought it was full time. And if you think the stewards or police could have stopped the invasion you're completely deluded.
Did the same pillocks make the same mistake when we scored our 1st against port vale as well??
How dare football fans get a bit carried away. Everyone should stay in their seats and not make too much noise!
You really are a piece of work. The stadium announcer not only made repeated requests but also spelled out the means by which the club could be punished if people ran onto the pitch. Should you ever take your blinkers off you may notice that there are boards around the ground pointing out that that running onto the pitch is a criminal offence, something that was also regularly highlighted on the scoreboard. Or does the law of the land become irrelevant when you've had a shandy and feel a bit giddy?
There are also signs around the ground telling folk not to swear
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue May 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Caught the final score while visiting a museum in Lyon with friends. Didn't want to get thrown out so a restrained jig beside a Cockcoft and Walton particle acceleator was all I could manage.