"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by Spartan2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:17 pm

The ESL is 90% of the atmosphere of the stadium to moan about them running on the pitch is pathetic.

Running on early was a mistake people thought it was full time. And if you think the stewards or police could have stopped the invasion you're completely deluded.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by Dujon » Mon May 01, 2017 5:06 am

Phew!

I'm not going to start worrying for three months.
Unless we get docked points beforehand.
Or the club is declared insolvent.
Or I die.
Or whatever.
Oh, what a feeling - it's just like when we bounced back out of Div 4 back in the early eighties. It's also expensive; I've knocked off a bottle of scotch since last evening.
Cheers, all. :pissed:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon May 01, 2017 7:47 am

What a day....what an atmosphere - Karacan's goal was the goal of the season for me, it was awesome great move, a fantastic ball in and great finish to settle everyone down - apart from their 10 min spell before half time we controlled the game and played some decent football. I thought that everyone played well with Spearing & Wheater exceptional.

I've no issue with the pitch invasion when the game had finished, it was all in good spirits and the stewards didn't try that hard to stop it - it's been a long time since the fans have had something to celebrate so it was always going to happen. However, the ESL knob heads who invaded the pitch before the game had finished annoyed me, I was screaming at them from the WSL to get off as where most other fans.

Great day though and we've not had that many in the last 10 years or so - thank you Parky & the players, onwards & upwards !

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Mon May 01, 2017 8:54 am

Spartan2 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:17 pm
The ESL is 90% of the atmosphere of the stadium to moan about them running on the pitch is pathetic.

Running on early was a mistake people thought it was full time. And if you think the stewards or police could have stopped the invasion you're completely deluded.
Did the same pillocks make the same mistake when we scored our 1st against port vale as well??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am

dave the minion wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 8:54 am
Spartan2 wrote:

Did the same pillocks make the same mistake when we scored our 1st against port vale as well??
How dare football fans get a bit carried away. Everyone should stay in their seats and not make too much noise!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 01, 2017 9:37 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am
dave the minion wrote:
Spartan2 wrote:

How dare football fans get a bit carried away. Everyone should stay in their seats and not make too much noise!
You really are a piece of work. The stadium announcer not only made repeated requests but also spelled out the means by which the club could be punished if people ran onto the pitch. Should you ever take your blinkers off you may notice that there are boards around the ground pointing out that that running onto the pitch is a criminal offence, something that was also regularly highlighted on the scoreboard. Or does the law of the land become irrelevant when you've had a shandy and feel a bit giddy?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 01, 2017 9:50 am

Or does the law of the land become irrelevant when you've had a shandy and feel a bit giddy?
Of course it does, you grumpy old sod. :-)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 01, 2017 9:53 am

If I can keep my gob shut about the failings of Gary Madine for a few days then surely we can all put aside the hyperbole etc and just enjoy it for a few days?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2017 9:56 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 9:37 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Spartan2 wrote:

You really are a piece of work. The stadium announcer not only made repeated requests but also spelled out the means by which the club could be punished if people ran onto the pitch. Should you ever take your blinkers off you may notice that there are boards around the ground pointing out that that running onto the pitch is a criminal offence, something that was also regularly highlighted on the scoreboard. Or does the law of the land become irrelevant when you've had a shandy and feel a bit giddy?
I'm saying, lighten up. I didn't see an issue in 93 at Hull or the Preston game. They are some of our best memories as a club. Churlish to deny a new generation a similar experience.

And it was a day for delight and exuberance, not being miserable. No harm was done.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 01, 2017 10:27 am

Slept for 12 hours and no hangover; what a weekend, what a game, what a club.

Plenty time for worrying about next year.

Ps. Karacan shinned it (but what a shin) and pitch invasions are ace, so there!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon May 01, 2017 10:47 am

The fans have stuck with the team this season in a way I don't think anyone could have really expected. They've embraced what Parky has been trying to do and travelled in thousands up and down the country. There was a better atmosphere in the Macron to see us beat Peterborough United yesterday (and probably more people) than when we won in the League Cup semi or beat Atletico Madrid.

When you think of the money the club has wasted over the years, the 40k fine they'll probably have to fork out for the pitch invasion seems like money well spent. It was a great moment and made for visuals that people will still be talking about in 20 years - not least the sight of Josh Vela emerging shirtless from the mob long after his teammates had headed down the tunnel.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2017 10:50 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 10:27 am
Slept for 12 hours and no hangover; what a weekend, what a game, what a club.

Plenty time for worrying about next year.

Ps. Karacan shinned it (but what a shin) and pitch invasions are ace, so there!

Absolutely. Nice I'm in total agreement with at least one person today! :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 01, 2017 10:51 am

Vela was probably trying to find Batty and show off his skillz. :-)

Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Billbob » Mon May 01, 2017 10:53 am

:oyea: All week previous to the game my body was full of adrenaline rushes. Safe to say I feel better now and slept well since. The day was a nervous start pre match but sat there it was great in the ground everybody wanted this great prize of promotion. It's been a tough year simply blood sweat and tears. Just relieved it's done rather then a hard slog in the play-offs. I don't think I could of coped with that. Thanks phil and the lads and everybody involved from the tea lady to chairman.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Mon May 01, 2017 1:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Don't be ridiculous. It is a criminal offence and against club rules. I didn't realise laws were OK to break just because a few people were feeling selfish and were having a nice time....

Despite it being wrong, I actually have very little issue with the pitch invasion at the end of the game - I acknowledge its wrong and against the rules, but the club and police were clearly set up for it and it was expected by everyone and completely good natured. (and no, I didn't join in in case anyone wonders....). Still doesn't make it right, but there you go.

That isn't the same as eejuts swarming onto the pitch before the end of the game - and at Port Vale for that matter. All this did was delay the game - it achieved nothing more. Sorry, actually it did achieve something else - it just made the club and its fans look thuggish and pathetic in front of the Sky cameras. I mean, come on - for those that did go on, is it not a bit embarrassing for the players themselves having to usher you off whilst 20,000 other fans boo you? And special criticism must go out to the complete knob-heads who pulled up the corner flags - nice one lads. Real clever that was.....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2017 3:34 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 1:40 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Don't be ridiculous. It is a criminal offence and against club rules. I didn't realise laws were OK to break just because a few people were feeling selfish and were having a nice time....

Despite it being wrong, I actually have very little issue with the pitch invasion at the end of the game - I acknowledge its wrong and against the rules, but the club and police were clearly set up for it and it was expected by everyone and completely good natured. (and no, I didn't join in in case anyone wonders....). Still doesn't make it right, but there you go.

That isn't the same as eejuts swarming onto the pitch before the end of the game - and at Port Vale for that matter. All this did was delay the game - it achieved nothing more. Sorry, actually it did achieve something else - it just made the club and its fans look thuggish and pathetic in front of the Sky cameras. I mean, come on - for those that did go on, is it not a bit embarrassing for the players themselves having to usher you off whilst 20,000 other fans boo you? And special criticism must go out to the complete knob-heads who pulled up the corner flags - nice one lads. Real clever that was.....
Well I agree. But I think the ones that ran on early just thought they'd heard a whistle. Someone in the ESL apparently had a whistle and blew it to confuse.

Also the ones on the pitch at Port Vale were just celebrating with exuberance. It wasn't malicious or bad natured in any way.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 01, 2017 3:47 pm

If I get nicked for speeding on the way home I'll just tell the Rozzers my law-breaking offence was as a result of my exuberance and wasn't malicious or bad natured in anyway. That should save me from having to fork out a week's pay. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon May 01, 2017 4:03 pm

Get a grip folks and just enjoy yesterday....it was a great day to be a BWFC fan, and we've not had many over recent years have we.

Anyone complaining today about the pitch invasions yesterday needs to seriously relax and chill out FFS....hardly crime of the century, just remember when you were younger & probably on the pitch at Burnden in 93.

The ones who came on early as BWFCI said had apparently heard a whistle (someone in the ESL), I was annoyed as anyone at the time, but apart from the knob head swinging on the cross bar who wants a good shoeing they where only celebrating going up !, it wasn't like they invaded the pitch on 80 mins it was a few seconds ahead of the whistle.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 01, 2017 4:05 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 4:03 pm
Get a grip folks and just enjoy yesterday....it was a great day to be a BWFC fan, and we've not had many over recent years have we.

Anyone complaining today about the pitch invasions yesterday needs to seriously relax and chill out FFS....hardly crime of the century, just remember when you were younger & probably on the pitch at Burnden in 93.

The ones who came on early as BWFCI said had apparently heard a whistle (someone in the ESL), I was annoyed as anyone at the time, but apart from the knob head swinging on the cross bar who wants a good shoeing they where only celebrating going up !, it wasn't like they invaded the pitch on 80 mins it was a few seconds ahead of the whistle.
I fully understand the joy but what if the Celtic fans had invaded the pitch to celebrate hammering Rangers?

It's the world we live in.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon May 01, 2017 4:08 pm

I'm just chilling today, basking in the glory of yesterday, loving the fact we have gone up automatically and no stress of the playoffs....cheers :pissed: