Well Done

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Handsworth Blade
Hopeful
Hopeful

Well Done

Post by Handsworth Blade » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:38 pm

Well done lads glad you did it , I think your team like ours like putting us through the mangler first to appreciate it more !! Enjoy several celebratory 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻 see you next season . HB .

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Well Done

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Cheers mate. Think it's going to be tough next season. I can recall 20 minutes into the first match, thinking we'd have been 3 down in the Chumps (or at least 2). Good luck. Hope you get a Derby to play.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Cheers, Blade. I always say that the table doesn't lie at the end of the season. Many congrats on the 100 points - that really is an outstanding achievement. I may even re-visit BL next season, some 35 years after the gubbing we discussed :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:07 pm

Aye, cheers mate. We couldn't touch you in the end, but I'd like to think things would have been closer had we kept Clough and Ameobi. Never mind - best of luck next season in 44 of your 46 games!

Borobob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Borobob » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:48 pm

Congratulations on your promotion. We both went in different directions last year but looking forward to a couple of games with the trotters next season. Good to see big David Wheater is looking nailed on for player of the season, top lad!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 pm

Cheers Blade & Boro.

Hats off to Sheffield United. After a shaky start they were simply unstoppable under Wilder and never let up even after promotion. The demolition of Bradford being a case in point. Worthy champions.

Realising we'll be playing Boro and Sunderland et al next season is a good indication of the task facing us. Bring it on!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:58 pm

Borobob wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:48 pm
Congratulations on your promotion. We both went in different directions last year but looking forward to a couple of games with the trotters next season. Good to see big David Wheater is looking nailed on for player of the season, top lad!
Cheers mate. He's been utterly phenomenal this season. Apologies for Michael Ricketts, many, many thanks for Bruce Rioch :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:58 pm
Borobob wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:48 pm
Cheers mate. He's been utterly phenomenal this season. Apologies for Michael Ricketts, many, many thanks for Bruce Rioch :)
Back in the 70's had a Boro fan history teacher. He bet all us Bolton fans (about 14 at the time) our dinner monies on the result of the Bolton / Boro match, which we won. The Fck paid up, then slippered us black n bastard blue, 'for gambling"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 pm

The 70's, you say? A school teacher?
I prey that slippered us black n bastard blue isn't an euphemism.
Businesswoman of the year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Nah, if you got a good rogering, you got a good rogering.