Phil Parkinson

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Phil Parkinson

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2017 8:37 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 8:01 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:42 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:25 pm
Provide evidence. You do understand that we've dropped down a division for this season, don't you?
I will start and end with this. My point totally and utterly proven. Thank you and g'night.
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:54 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:0-1 down. Wheater giving away the most blatant penalty you'll ever see
Because he's a massive-chinned, shithouse, Toby Jug. Why in the name of the blue fecking blazes might we be looking to sign the totally hopeless c*nt back on?
Did you miss the bit where I pointed out that we'd dropped down a division this season?? You've also trawled (or should that be trolled) that out from the end of last season. How convenient. We have at least two centre backs and Wheater's partnership with Beevers has been an absolute revelation. So start and end your 'point' with whatever you like, but as always there's a little more to things than your version of events.
That was July mate. We knew what division we were in. And had signed Beevers.

Parky in his interview on sky talked about his biggest job being restoring the reputations of existing players amongst Bolton fans. Ones like Wheater, who when we looked to sign him again in the summer, the above was your response.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 01, 2017 9:03 am

The reality is Wheats didn't look Prem when we signed him, didn't look Chumps when we were relegated. Same for a few others on that list. He's taken pay cuts, been released and re-signed and is an all round good egg.

If the paucity was caused by lack of belief and playing for a Club in financial meltdown then maybe there's some hope. He's got a new CB partner and they've generally looked solid. Either way, next season is a step up. The pies who won this division last season are coming straight back, Burton who had a tighter Goals Against tally aren't. Maybe there's hope, but some of our longer term players are going to have to perform at a level they were incapable of, last time they were at it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 9:03 am
The reality is Wheats didn't look Prem when we signed him, didn't look Chumps when we were relegated. Same for a few others on that list. He's taken pay cuts, been released and re-signed and is an all round good egg.

If the paucity was caused by lack of belief and playing for a Club in financial meltdown then maybe there's some hope. He's got a new CB partner and they've generally looked solid. Either way, next season is a step up. The pies who won this division last season are coming straight back, Burton who had a tighter Goals Against tally aren't. Maybe there's hope, but some of our longer term players are going to have to perform at a level they were incapable of, last time they were at it.
The point is, would anyone now not want Wheater to sign again? I doubt it.

He'd be one of the first on everyone's list.

But this was not the case in July. Had someone said we'd go up on the final day with a team including, Wheater, Madine and Dervite as mainstays people wouldn't have believed it!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 01, 2017 9:32 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 8:37 am

Parky in his interview on sky talked about his biggest job being restoring the reputations of existing players amongst Bolton fans. Ones like Wheater, who when we looked to sign him again in the summer, the above was your response.
Yes, I know that, mate, but they hadn't played a game at that point. You're grasping at thin air now but do continue - it's quite entertaining.

My response was as a result of Wheater having had a poor season in a poor side the previous season.

I'm happy to wait for you to get to the point.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 01, 2017 9:44 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 9:03 am

The point is, would anyone now not want Wheater to sign again? I doubt it.

He'd be one of the first on everyone's list.

But this was not the case in July. Had someone said we'd go up on the final day with a team including, Wheater, Madine and Dervite as mainstays people wouldn't have believed it!
See, you've made a bit of a leap, there. Did those players you mention find their level and this is it? Coz I didn't see much about them one level up, which could be about more than just their capability of course. If it wasn' t about capability, all well and good. If it was then I suspect our budget won't allow much room for sentiment.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2017 9:53 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 9:32 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 8:37 am

Yes, I know that, mate, but they hadn't played a game at that point. You're grasping at thin air now but do continue - it's quite entertaining.

My response was as a result of Wheater having had a poor season in a poor side the previous season.

I'm happy to wait for you to get to the point.
You claimed he'd not used players fans wanted out. Then asked me to prove it.

I used your own post. Many of the players used this season were not wanted by fans, over the summer. Some of them have proven themselves. Yes in a lower league. But you knew the league and still didn't want him to sign Wheats. All I'm saying is he's got effort and performances out of players where previously there was little of that.

Anyhow, not a day for arguing.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 01, 2017 9:59 am

I think a lot of people were not keen on Wheats because he'd spent the last few seasons competing with Mavies for Crock of the Year and then spending 10 games each come back getting up to speed...all in a fairly significant salary. In the context of a L1 salary and Parky believing he could keep him fit then I was delighted to have him back, knowing he's a good sort to have around. I'm hoping we can re-sign him on reasonable terms commensurate with our finances. If not then thanks and good luck to the fella.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2017 10:22 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 9:59 am
I think a lot of people were not keen on Wheats because he'd spent the last few seasons competing with Mavies for Crock of the Year and then spending 10 games each come back getting up to speed...all in a fairly significant salary. In the context of a L1 salary and Parky believing he could keep him fit then I was delighted to have him back, knowing he's a good sort to have around. I'm hoping we can re-sign him on reasonable terms commensurate with our finances. If not then thanks and good luck to the fella.
Be astounded if he doesn't stay. Loves it here. Could see that by how he celebrated with the fans during the pitch invasion.

He came back on greatly reduced terms which I think was impressive. Small pay rise for him I'd imagine.

If Spearing doesn't stay, Wheater could be captain.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 01, 2017 10:30 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 10:22 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Be astounded if he doesn't stay. Loves it here. Could see that by how he celebrated with the fans during the pitch invasion.

He came back on greatly reduced terms which I think was impressive. Small pay rise for him I'd imagine.

I'm sure he will stay, but it will also depend on what cash is available for next season and what salary Wheater is prepared to stay for.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2017 10:49 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 10:30 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 10:22 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

I'm sure he will stay, but it will also depend on what cash is available for next season and what salary Wheater is prepared to stay for.
Of course. But he will stay. I have absolutely no doubt.

ally.morrison
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ally.morrison » Mon May 01, 2017 11:39 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 5:16 am
Parky deserves huge credit. To turn around a dressing room around that had zero confidence and belief and lost it's desire. To turn around a fan base that had endured as bad a 5+ years as we had into belief and hope, and to do it so quickly is remarkable. If this had been Maureen at Man U the media would be wanking over it for years to come.

Parky now needs to look at the squad in the cold light of day and put aside the giddiness of yesterday. Some of those players he's had the maximum out of (IMO) and will that be good enough at a higher level? Some players like Spearing will do just fine in the Championship, but do we need to find better value for money or will he accept a big enough drop in salary?

I've faith in Parky to get it right next season. For me the thing that will determine our season is what Ken manages to achieve in terms of sorting out the embargo, Blumarble/Deano and finding some investment. I'll settle for a quiet season of no drama and maybe a bloodying a few noses in the cup :mrgreen:
Good players up here in Scotland that could do well in the championship
Paterson Hearts free can play RB RM Striker attack minded 10 goals mainly from RB this year before the injury 22 and a Scotland international

Craig Sibbald free Falkirk attacking midfielder or play maker 21 payer over 200 senior games has Forrest Rangers Celtic Aberdeen sniffing scored twice against Man Utd in a trail game can play wide right to

Stephen Malian St Mirren central midfielder box to box goal scoring midfielder 20 had Barnsley in for him last year could not agree terms prob cost on region of half a million quality player comfortable on the ball has eye for a pass

Liam Lindsay Patrick Th has interest from teams like Leeds and Villa scored eight goals for them this season from CB his commanding performances and clean sheets took them to top six highest finish since 1981 prob cost 750 000 mark only 22

Ryan Jack Aberdeen 25 free he is a talented defensive midfielder his gaffer says is the best in the league does the ugly side of the game particularly well and is full of running band has the physical demands for the championship would be a good pick up for any club down there

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 01, 2017 12:17 pm

You're a very weird guy.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 12:17 pm
You're a very weird guy.
I'm sure he's got some sort of financial stake in these players.