Phil Parkinson

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Phil Parkinson

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Give this man an extended deal please Ken.

The job he has done this season cannot be overstated. He's taken a club on its knees with players the fans wanted out. He's had to rebuild the side two or three times, all whilst under embargo.

First manager since Sam to bring tangible success. One can argue others kept us in the top flight a season or two, but today was something else.

His steady and sure approach is exactly what we will need over the next few years IMHO.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Phil Parkinson

Post by Hoboh » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:08 pm

Tell you at the start of next season if he was worth keeping or not.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Easy to underestimate exactly what he's achieved. Relegated by a country mile last season, he's patched a squad of loanees, free transfers, has beens and never will be agains into a solid outfit. All against a backdrop of financial uncertainty. Truly remarkable
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:26 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:08 pm
No. You already made your feelings clear. You can't move the goalposts to suit your argument now that he has proved you wrong! Give him the credit he deserves ffs!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Nah, come on Hobes, that's real "sing when you're winning" United guff. Proof's in the pudding and he made one with hardly any ingredients this season. Brilliant job and hat's off to him along with a big thank you.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:26 pm
Hoboh wrote:
. You can't move the goalposts to suit your argument.
Course he can. It's Hobes... :-)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:49 pm

He got two teams into the top two this year.

Not many managers lose as many players through the season as us and get promoted. Top man.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:07 pm

He's rebuilt the club by bringing in the players that he recognised we needed and were available on loans, not by using players that the fans wanted out. You mentioned much earlier that you've been for a drink. It's really beginning to show now, or is it? :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:07 pm
He's rebuilt the club by bringing in the players that he recognised we needed and were available on loans, not by using players that the fans wanted out. You mentioned much earlier that you've been for a drink. It's really beginning to show now, or is it? :lol:
You're right. Likes of Wheater, Madine, Dervite, Spearing and Pratley were all dead popular last season. Whole lot were on their arse. Remember the 'not fit to wear the shirt' banner. Parky turned it round for them.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:16 pm

That clearly only exists in your own drunken head. Which 'Not fit to wear the shirt' banner was this, because I didn't see it?
And actually, they were all quite poor last season ( int' Div 2). I just hope to see them step it up for next season, in the way they've all played this season.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:16 pm
That clearly only exists in your own drunken head. Which 'Not fit to wear the shirt' banner was this, because I didn't see it?
And actually, they were all quite poor last season ( int' Div 2). I just hope to see them step it up for next season, in the way they've all played this season.
Whatever the banners at Fulham said last day of the season. No fight or something like that. End of the day anyone who pretends that people felt those players were any good end of last season is dreaming. It was widely discussed on this very forum that people wanted rid of most if not all of them.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:25 pm

Provide evidence. You do understand that we've dropped down a division for this season, don't you?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:20 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Whatever the banners at Fulham said last day of the season. No fight or something like that. End of the day anyone who pretends that people felt those players were any good end of last season is dreaming. It was widely discussed on this very forum that people wanted rid of most if not all of them.

I was at Fulham with HG and don't recall any 'not fit to wear the shirt banners'. It was an absolute party atmosphere, with lots of tongue in cheek singing about our future. Wheater was sung about and treated like a hero in spite of our relegation. So much so that he threw his kit and boots into the crowd. You are chatting shit again in an attempt to try to justify your own opinions, which you choose to state as fact!
Last edited by Burnden Paddock on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:37 pm

One thing that's beyond argument; the number of players, managers etc who have been at Bolton all still hold the place dear to them. Bruce Rioch, Ivan Klasnic, John McGinley, Zico, Kev Davies, Dean Holsworth,Ivan Campo, Gudni Bergsen and so many more. Must be the Bolton magic.. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:39 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:20 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I was at Fulham with HG and GG and don't recall any 'not fit to wear the shirt banners'. It was an absolute party atmosphere, with lots of tongue in cheek singing about our future. Wheater was sung about and treated like a hero in spite of our relegation. So much so that he threw his kit and boots into the crowd. You are chatting shit again in an attempt to try to justify your own opinions, which you choose to state as fact!
Sorry. It was at the Derby game.

Doesn't change the point though.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14 ... n_history/

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:25 pm
Provide evidence. You do understand that we've dropped down a division for this season, don't you?
I will start and end with this. My point totally and utterly proven. Thank you and g'night.
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:54 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:0-1 down. Wheater giving away the most blatant penalty you'll ever see
Because he's a massive-chinned, shithouse, Toby Jug. Why in the name of the blue fecking blazes might we be looking to sign the totally hopeless c*nt back on?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 01, 2017 5:16 am

Parky deserves huge credit. To turn around a dressing room around that had zero confidence and belief and lost it's desire. To turn around a fan base that had endured as bad a 5+ years as we had into belief and hope, and to do it so quickly is remarkable. If this had been Maureen at Man U the media would be wanking over it for years to come.

Parky now needs to look at the squad in the cold light of day and put aside the giddiness of yesterday. Some of those players he's had the maximum out of (IMO) and will that be good enough at a higher level? Some players like Spearing will do just fine in the Championship, but do we need to find better value for money or will he accept a big enough drop in salary?

I've faith in Parky to get it right next season. For me the thing that will determine our season is what Ken manages to achieve in terms of sorting out the embargo, Blumarble/Deano and finding some investment. I'll settle for a quiet season of no drama and maybe a bloodying a few noses in the cup :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 01, 2017 6:40 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:26 pm
Hoboh wrote:
No. You already made your feelings clear. You can't move the goalposts to suit your argument now that he has proved you wrong! Give him the credit he deserves ffs!

Fair play, I didn't want him, over the season he's done well, we are promoted, yes he deserves credit for that but just how good he is will depend upon not fighting relegation all season, next time round good solid mid table with investment starting to come in and I'd be as happy as a pig in sh*t.
For now, well done Mr Parkinson and thank you.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon May 01, 2017 7:28 am

He deserves huge credit for getting us up this season, I've been critical of him at times this season in regards to only being able to play one way - but he should be manager of the season for getting us up.

The passion he showed yesterday when walking around the pitch after the game with the players was fantastic, real 'come on' passion and the fans responded. It'll be difficult next season and staying up will be a result & hopefully Parky is the man to do that but he'll need some financial backing from the chairman.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 01, 2017 8:01 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:42 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:25 pm
I will start and end with this. My point totally and utterly proven. Thank you and g'night.
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:54 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:0-1 down. Wheater giving away the most blatant penalty you'll ever see
Because he's a massive-chinned, shithouse, Toby Jug. Why in the name of the blue fecking blazes might we be looking to sign the totally hopeless c*nt back on?
Did you miss the bit where I pointed out that we'd dropped down a division this season?? You've also trawled (or should that be trolled) that out from the end of last season. How convenient. We have at least two centre backs and Wheater's partnership with Beevers has been an absolute revelation. So start and end your 'point' with whatever you like, but as always there's a little more to things than your version of events.