The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:16 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:57 am
Missed out on Niall McGinn, who's going to South Korea #IKnowYouGotSeoul
I guess Intercontinental Ballistic Missile doesn't feature highly on his Twitter feed, then?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:40 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:16 am
I guess Intercontinental Ballistic Missile doesn't feature highly on his Twitter feed, then?
Not yet... I'm no expert but I'm guessing they wouldn't really need a long-distance weapon for Seoul, and although his club Gwangju is based down the south end of the peninsula, that's still only about 200 miles from the border.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:45 am

Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:40 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:16 am
Not yet... I'm no expert but I'm guessing they wouldn't really need a long-distance weapon for Seoul, and although his club Gwangju is based down the south end of the peninsula, that's still only about 200 miles from the border.
I'm more worried about the US sending one astray! :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:28 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:45 am
I'm more worried about the US sending one astray! :-)
Oh, once we start worrying about that mon, we'll never stop. So I don't start. *halo*

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:01 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:11 am
Permanent signings are encouraging though, especially Buckley if he remains fit. Wonder if Turner will break through into the first team this season.
Could Turner's extension signal the departure of Amos? Or am I reading too much into it?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:01 pm
Wonder if Turner will break through into the first team this season.
Could Turner's extension signal the departure of Amos? Or am I reading too much into it?
More like(ly to be) asset protection. Note how the (SEO-friendly) BN headline mentions that Turner is a "Manchester United and Everton target"; having such a player under contract for two more years, presumably at an affordable outlay of less than six figures, might well net us much more than that if he leaves.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:17 pm

Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:12 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:01 pm
Wonder if Turner will break through into the first team this season.
More like(ly to be) asset protection. Note how the (SEO-friendly) BN headline mentions that Turner is a "Manchester United and Everton target"; having such a player under contract for two more years, presumably at an affordable outlay of less than six figures, might well net us much more than that if he leaves.
Good call. The irony being here, of course, that we secured Amos on the understanding that he might one day be worth a fortune.Hey ho.(Turner not costing us that that Amos did, of course).
May the bridges I burn light your way

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:35 pm

So with the signings of these three youngsters, and the earlier signing of Perry, I make it we have 21 professionals?

Goalkeepers - Howard, Alnwick, Amos, Turner
Defenders - Wheater, Beevers, Dervite, Little, Andy Taylor, Derik
Midfielders - Morais, Pratley, Karacan, Vela, Perry, King, Buckley, Chris Taylor
Forwards - Madine, Le Fondre, Hall

So if it is true the embargo limits us to a first team squad of 23 as has been reported, that means unless we get some willing takers for the likes of Amos and Chris Taylor, or we loan out some of the youngsters, we can only sign two more senior players? Before bonusgate we were linked as being close on Sammy Ameobi, Reece Brown and Josh Cullen, not to mention re-signing Spearing or Milligan. The maths isn't working...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:37 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:35 pm
So with the signings of these three youngsters, and the earlier signing of Perry, I make it we have 21 professionals?

Goalkeepers - Howard, Alnwick, Amos, Turner
Defenders - Wheater, Beevers, Dervite, Little, Andy Taylor, Derik
Midfielders - Morais, Pratley, Karacan, Vela, Perry, King, Buckley, Chris Taylor
Forwards - Madine, Le Fondre, Hall

So if it is true the embargo limits us to a first team squad of 23 as has been reported, that means unless we get some willing takers for the likes of Amos and Chris Taylor, or we loan out some of the youngsters, we can only sign two more senior players? Before bonusgate we were linked as being close on Sammy Ameobi, Reece Brown and Josh Cullen, not to mention re-signing Spearing or Milligan. The maths isn't working...
Not sure all the youngsters there count...depends on contracts. And the number was fluid last season.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:18 am

I think for the purposes of the "embargo", the youngsters count if they're named in the 23 player senior squad...

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15 ... =mrb&lp=13

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:59 am

I’d be surprised if we carry four keepers into a 23-man squad, or indeed into the season. Obviously we’d love to palm off Amos’s wage, and although Parky has talked about welcoming him back, the other three members of the keeper quartet have all been signed by Parky/Ken, so he’s playing catch-up. If we can’t loan him out, PP may have to make a snap decision on one of the two seniors he signed; at any rate, one of the three will soon discover he’s third in the order and thus be more amenable to a move, temporary or permanent. (Alnwick may be idly fantasising about a move back to his first club Sunderland, who have sold Jordan Pickford and aren’t sure about Vito Mannone; they’re linked with Rob Green but if Alnwick’s third choice here, he might as well be there.) We could also/otherwise decide to send young Turner on loan, if we deem first-team action more important than regular close-quarters training and development.

One problem is that this isn’t like a Champions League or Premier League squad-naming where you can just exclude players and carry the cost (or force them out): if they’re contracted, they count toward the cohort. So we’ll need to find a home for Chris Taylor (perhaps by making nice with Oldham) and we might have to pretend that Jeff King, and particularly new lad Connor Hall, are U23s – remembering that back in spring we were denied permission to elevate King to the seniors. Not sure if Perry, who has played in the Football League Trophy, counts or not.

And of course, we’re going to be out of embargo soon. Definitely. Just turning the corner of your street now.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:14 pm

£1 million plus add ons for our "wonderkid" Max Broughton?
https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/ ... derkid-efl
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Compared to £2.5 mil for Holding who had shone like a light in a shower of shit for a season thats good business. Shame we wont get to see him develop though - maybe first option on a loan?

Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Billbob » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:00 am

Hopefully Australia jumping 3 places today to 45th in the Fifa rankings will help Mr Milligans cause on getting a permit. Apparently Fifa rankings 45th-50th places have to have played 75% of the nations games in the last 2 years. I may be wrong as I have tried to remember all that info.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:19 am

Billbob wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:00 am
Hopefully Australia jumping 3 places today to 45th in the Fifa rankings will help Mr Milligans cause on getting a permit. Apparently Fifa rankings 45th-50th places have to have played 75% of the nations games in the last 2 years. I may be wrong as I have tried to remember all that info.
Iles this morning says they'd need to leap into the Top 10.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _contract/

Also says Spearing looking increasingly unlikely, and we're waiting to see if Burke and Cullen go on West Am's tour before coming to us.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:57 am

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:19 am
Billbob wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:00 am
Iles this morning says they'd need to leap into the Top 10.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _contract/

Also says Spearing looking increasingly unlikely, and we're waiting to see if Burke and Cullen go on West Am's tour before coming to us.
As I said before with the embargo the best players we can sign will be premiership loans. Most premiership clubs won't fully decide on loans till start of the season at the earliest. Maybe even later. Most want to have a look first especially if the player has been on loan elsewhere previously. Both West Ham lads have been around the club for a few days last week so I assume it is a done deal as soon as West Ham are satisfied they will be sending them out.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Has Aaron Mooy got dual nationality then as it didnt stop his transfer?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Stephen Darbys signed by the looks of it. Certainly building from the back!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:59 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:12 pm
Stephen Darbys signed by the looks of it. Certainly building from the back!
Lee Anderson said no when asked. Nixon rarely wrong in these situations but I don't think he has the same insider information that he used to have.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:32 am

Marc Iles now saying it should happen tomorrow. Perhaps LA playing games or else I have misinterpreted what he meant when he wrote "NO".
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.