The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 pm

Is that a Nigerian 31/32? He'll be 44 then!

Kirckhoff gets great reviews of his ability but Sunderland fans doubt his ability to stay fit. With Henry about to serve a 2 match suspension, Pratley still not back and Vela out, he's got to be worth a punt
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:11 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 pm

Kirckhoff gets great reviews of his ability but Sunderland fans doubt his ability to stay fit.
These Sunderland 'fans' sarcastically applauded Lee Camp for catching a ball after Clough's goal and are currently laying in to a 22 year-old who's been brought in and hasn't magically resurected their moribund season.

Absolute pack of pricks. I wouldn't listen to what any of them have to say about anybody or anything.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:11 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Kirckhoff gets great reviews of his ability but Sunderland fans doubt his ability to stay fit.
These Sunderland 'fans' sarcastically applauded Lee Camp for catching a ball after Clough's goal and are currently laying in to a 22 year-old who's been brought in and hasn't magically resurected their moribund season.

Absolute pack of pricks. I wouldn't listen to what any of them have to say about anybody or anything.
Footballs a broad church of opinions though isn't it? I'd hate to be judged by the actions of those few goons that booed Parkys subs on Tuesdays.

That opinion of him being a great footballer but fragile, seems to be a universal one on their main forum. You've got to assume some of them know what they're talking about
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:33 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:20 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:11 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Footballs a broad church of opinions though isn't it? I'd hate to be judged by the actions of those few goons that booed Parkys subs on Tuesdays.

That opinion of him being a great footballer but fragile, seems to be a universal one on their main forum. You've got to assume some of them know what they're talking about
There'll always be the odd few goons of course. However, type Ashley Fletcher into Google.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:12 pm

So can I ask, as it isn't abundantly clear to me - have we signed the Hoff and the 67 year old, or not?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:12 pm
So can I ask, as it isn't abundantly clear to me - have we signed the Hoff and the 67 year old, or not?
Not yet. Although with Karl "Thierry" Henry's two-match ban starting forthwith, we've good reason to hasten. (Otherwise I guess it's perm two from D-Pratz, Derik and Karacan.)
Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 13.45.43.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 13.45.43.png (14.17 KiB) Viewed 4026 times

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:45 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:12 pm
Not yet. Although with Karl "Thierry" Henry's two-match ban starting forthwith, we've good reason to hasten. (Otherwise I guess it's perm two from D-Pratz, Derik and Karacan.)
Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 13.45.43.png
Cheers DSB.
I think Karacan is a potential mini superstar in the making. As for who he's permed with, if the Hoff IS available, well for me a no-brainer
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:16 pm

(...this fxckin phone. I post something and then have to spend five times longer than U typed it going back in to edit the fxckin auto translations its made! FFFFS)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:08 pm

Karacan could be very good for us doing a very specific role, namely a Redknappian "run around a bit". I see him more as a Vela replacement than someone to be trusted with a diligent defensive-midfield role – he's more legs than brain.

That said, depending who's fit and available, it might be a case of what your phone would call "buggers can't be choosers".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:08 pm
Karacan could be very good for us doing a very specific role, namely a Redknappian "run around a bit". I see him more as a Vela replacement than someone to be trusted with a diligent defensive-midfield role – he's more legs than brain.

That said, depending who's fit and available, it might be a case of what your phone would call "buggers can't be choosers".
...you could, spookily, be an expert on the subject of my phone.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:21 pm

One for The Avoiding Relegation Celebration Transfer Thread 2018, perhaps, but the FL has confirmed an early close to the summer window, in line with Big League.

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/ ... -efl-clubs
[...] the window will now close for permanent transfers from another club on Thursday 9th August 2018 at 5pm [...]

[But] EFL clubs will still be able to:

• Sign players on Standard Loan up to the 31st August 2018
• Sign players on Standard Loan up to 31st August 2018 with an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next window opens
• Register players who ceased to be registered with a club during the period up until 31st August 2018
• Transfer players OUT to a club in any League whose window is still open
(Standard Loans are window-to-window. The one-monthers which recently ceased were legally known as Emergency Loans.)

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:04 pm

We've now signed Kirchhoff, according to Lee A on Twitter (albeit he's only said it in emoji language so far). Can only be a positive. :box:

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:30 pm

Good signing, hope we plan to play him as a spoiler/deep lying playmaker rather than a box to box player.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:40 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:30 pm
Good signing, hope we plan to play him as a spoiler/deep lying playmaker rather than a box to box player.
Is Kirchoff related to William Shakespeare? He was a playmaker? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Jan Kirchhoff - this is a great signing, a very good player will do well for us as a DM - you just have to hope that Parkinson plays him, he's twice the player Derik is.

Let's hope he can stay fit & that we have an option on him next season if he does stay fit - well done KA, now bring in a striker ASAP.

antony.thompson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by antony.thompson » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:17 pm

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:08 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:44 pm
Jan Kirchhoff - this is a great signing, a very good player will do well for us as a DM - you just have to hope that Parkinson plays him, he's twice the player Derik is.

Let's hope he can stay fit & that we have an option on him next season if he does stay fit - well done KA, now bring in a striker ASAP.
He's a good player WHEN FIT. Reading Sunderland fans they say Sam only played him for about 60 minutes most games and didn't overplay him when they had heavy schedules. Clearly a player who needs protecting.

He won't play for a while as Parky says he's not up to match speed yet.

Definitely exactly the sort of midfield player we need. Can pass a ball and is commanding. Lets just hope he stays fit and makes a contribution during the last 6/7 games.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:39 pm

Heard only good things about Kirchoff but haven't seen him play properly other than the Bundesliga highlights from some time back.

Can we expect Campo esque passing or Speed like tackling?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:30 pm

The exciting thing, is that Sunderland fans suggest he isn't just a good player, but a real top level player, such as upper Premiership, Champions League level. A Big Sam type signing, with apparently a glowing Big Sam seal of approval. Lets hope our backroom team, which seems to do a generally good job, works its magic and we see a top player on the pitch.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/j ... f.1419434/

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Apparently, the Kirchoff deal is performance related. This mean he has to play pretty quickly in order to determine his performance. He's training already, so, will we see him pretty quickly? I reckon Parky will be hoping we play well enough without him for a couple of games to get him fit. Hope that's soon. Good to hear Vela's injury is less serious than expeced and, swelling apart, he should figure soon to. Henry's suspension could have been a bit more opportune....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?