The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by nelson66 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:00 pm

Jeff King gone to FC Utd for a month on loan

While I'm happy he might get some game time - i reckon our youngsters deserve a chance at a higher level..... Bury for example have proved to be an excellent feeder team for Bolton over the years :laugh:
And it would give our younger lads a better opportunity of knowing if they can make the grade than glorified pub team FC Urinals
Last edited by nelson66 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:39 pm
Apparently, the Kirchoff deal is performance related. This mean he has to play pretty quickly in order to determine his performance. He's training already, so, will we see him pretty quickly? I reckon Parky will be hoping we play well enough without him for a couple of games to get him fit. Hope that's soon. Good to hear Vela's injury is less serious than expeced and, swelling apart, he should figure soon to. Henry's suspension could have been a bit more opportune....
Parky said he plans to ease him in slowly.

Its pay as you play. So if he isn't playing he will be cheaper for Ken.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:04 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:39 pm
Apparently, the Kirchoff deal is performance related. This mean he has to play pretty quickly in order to determine his performance. He's training already, so, will we see him pretty quickly? I reckon Parky will be hoping we play well enough without him for a couple of games to get him fit. Hope that's soon. Good to hear Vela's injury is less serious than expeced and, swelling apart, he should figure soon to. Henry's suspension could have been a bit more opportune....
Parky said he plans to ease him in slowly. Its pay as you play. So if he isn't playing he will be cheaper for Ken.
At this stage of the season, how slowly is slowly? I wouldn't have though Kirchoff would be over the moon with no play or no pay for very long. Not much use to us either really, is it?.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:59 pm

Kirchoff would be playing for top sides if he had knees and functional hamstrings. If the sports science lot can keep him fit for most games then he could genuinely make a difference in whether or not we stay up. I said earlier in this thread that we needed a passing midfielder and he ticks that box.

I didn't even know Obasi was still playing, but he was good in Germany for a while ages ago. Anyone know how his trial is going?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:30 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:59 pm
I didn't even know Obasi was still playing, but he was good in Germany for a while ages ago. Anyone know how his trial is going?
He's getting another go tonight for the U23s at Crewe, according to the BN:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... Wanderers/

Who is he? Nigerian striker Chinedu Obasi, 31, scored vs Burnley U23s last week. 6ft 2in, has played up top and on the right (which we plainly don't need). Joined Oslo side Lyn in 2005, aged 19, at the same time as his compatriot John Obi Mikel; spent two years in Norway – despite having a trial at Pompey and being set for a move to Lokomotiv Moscow until the Russians fired everyone who'd organised the transfer – then (after scoring 14 in 31) moved to Germany. Spent most of his twenties there, mainly at Hoffenheim, where he scored 27 in 102, including 13 in 65 top-flight games once he'd helped them to promotion.

In 2012 Schalke loaned then bought him for €4-5m, but he started to get regular injuries and was significantly less productive there (5 goals in 51 appearances, the majority from the bench), leading to his release in 2015. After failing trials at Sunderland and Eintracht Frankfurt due to fitness concerns, he switched to Swedish side AIK, scoring 12 in 20 either side of a brief dalliance with Sven-managed Chinese side Shenzhen (5 in 17). Overall goals/games: 63 in 221, one every 236 minutes.

Apparently he wants a deal to the end of the season and it seems to me that would suit us. We obviously need a strong front man to bounce off (as one of the rotation options) and the BN also reports that we wanted to offer a trial to former Austria Vienna and Sturm Graz striker Rubin Okotie (also 6ft 2in), but he's joined some Belgians instead. I'm glad we're working the wires to see who's available, while also being rightly determined not to take on someone who's so out of shape they wouldn't be ready till April – although it worked with Jem last year...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:10 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:30 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:59 pm
He's getting another go tonight for the U23s at Crewe, according to the BN:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... Wanderers/

Who is he? Nigerian striker Chinedu Obasi, 31, scored vs Burnley U23s last week. 6ft 2in, has played up top and on the right (which we plainly don't need). Joined Oslo side Lyn in 2005, aged 19, at the same time as his compatriot John Obi Mikel; spent two years in Norway – despite having a trial at Pompey and being set for a move to Lokomotiv Moscow until the Russians fired everyone who'd organised the transfer – then (after scoring 14 in 31) moved to Germany. Spent most of his twenties there, mainly at Hoffenheim, where he scored 27 in 102, including 13 in 65 top-flight games once he'd helped them to promotion.

In 2012 Schalke loaned then bought him for €4-5m, but he started to get regular injuries and was significantly less productive there (5 goals in 51 appearances, the majority from the bench), leading to his release in 2015. After failing trials at Sunderland and Eintracht Frankfurt due to fitness concerns, he switched to Swedish side AIK, scoring 12 in 20 either side of a brief dalliance with Sven-managed Chinese side Shenzhen (5 in 17). Overall goals/games: 63 in 221, one every 236 minutes.

Apparently he wants a deal to the end of the season and it seems to me that would suit us. We obviously need a strong front man to bounce off (as one of the rotation options) and the BN also reports that we wanted to offer a trial to former Austria Vienna and Sturm Graz striker Rubin Okotie (also 6ft 2in), but he's joined some Belgians instead. I'm glad we're working the wires to see who's available, while also being rightly determined not to take on someone who's so out of shape they wouldn't be ready till April – although it worked with Jem last year...
I noted Nixon who initially broke the news Obasi was with us on trial said over the weekend he doesn't think he'll get a deal as he's not "the sort" Parky is after. I assume he's more of a "play across the front line" type than an out and out target man.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:30 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:10 am
I noted Nixon who initially broke the news Obasi was with us on trial said over the weekend he doesn't think he'll get a deal as he's not "the sort" Parky is after. I assume he's more of a "play across the front line" type than an out and out target man.
I'll be honest with you mate, I've no idea. I wouldn't read too much into Nixon's gnomic phrases, but I did enjoy the LoVS's attempts to analyse Obasi by comparing his FIFA 18 ratings with our existing options...

As I say, I'm glad we're working the wires and exploring options. No idea whether this guy's any good – although it would seem weird to give him another game if we're truly uninterested - but I'm glad we're looking.

The u23 game kicks off at 1pm so we can watch the tweets (although I'll be battling through mild snow to buy shinpads for tonight's game)...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:12 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:30 am
The u23 game kicks off at 1pm so we can watch the tweets (although I'll be battling through mild snow to buy shinpads for tonight's game)...
Iles tweets that Edu Obasi's not playing this lunchtime - instead, he's playing with the U23s (or Development Squad, it's the same thing) at Birmingham on Thursday. Intriguing. Wonder if that means he's training with the main squad for the next couple of days instead? And/or if they want to give him a harder test than second-bottom Crewe?

Meanwhile, Ken's Kolumn says "We are also hoping to bring in at least one more player. Our plan is to strengthen the squad and have the time to get them match fit in readiness for the final run-in to ensure a competitive edge on the training ground with the squad all vying for places."

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:13 pm

He's still getting paid, Kirchoff... He's on a basic salary, which will obviously be low (probably just about enough to cover his bills, I imagine) and he'll be getting the uppers when he plays
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:22 pm

Lee Anderson has just used the "we've signed someone" set of emojis again....
superagent73

@superagent73
8m8 minutes ago
More
💥🔥💥🔥✔️✍🏻🕺

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:22 pm
superagent73

@superagent73
8m8 minutes ago
More
💥🔥💥🔥✔️✍🏻🕺
Curious. Can't imagine who it'd be, unless we've seen enough of Edu Obasi to give him a go; that would be odd considering the U23 game at Birmingham, supposed to be his showcase, was snowed off. Snowcase is no case.

Lee's emojaculation was 40 minutes ago, since which his only twittage has been RTing his missus talking about (I presume) a daughter.

I guess, as ever, that time will tell.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:02 pm

It's Obasi, he's signed a similar deal to the Jan Kerchhoff one....

Decent signing, powerful striker he will give us a different option up front running behind the defence, let's hope he reasonably fit

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:35 pm

I know nowt about Obasi. I have a lovely idea that he'll be like a Tony Yeboah or Daniel Amokachi at their finest. He's bound to be a carthorse with two left feet isn't he?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
superagent73

@superagent73
8m8 minutes ago
More
💥🔥💥🔥✔️✍🏻🕺
Are you the chap that could understand Joey Deacon? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
superagent73

@superagent73
8m8 minutes ago
More
💥🔥💥🔥✔️✍🏻🕺
Are you the chap that could understand Joey Deacon? :conf:

Not heard that name in a very long time.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:58 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:57 am
Seems like the gossip was just that. Obasi hasn't been offered anything yet according to Parky, who needs to see more of him. The bloke's had some issues in getting clearance etc, but he sure won't be in the squad today.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:42 pm

Well, the Obasi thing is confirmed. Seems he was scoring goals for AIK, so we live in hope. The Preston result was bloody depressing, so hopefully he can deliver something once fit.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:05 pm

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Parky plays him

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:10 pm

twilight wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:05 pm
I'll be pleasantly surprised if Parky plays him
I'd like to be wrong, but I doubt it, Twilight. Kirchoff in defence was a fairly easy decision, but a striker to play in a system ( if we have one, that is) with a new manager and unused to the players around him is another. Keep walloping it long will never be the only answer. There's a pic somewhere yesterday of Willbraham with the ball, there are FIVE Preston defenders around him and only Dave Wheater anywhere near him. Like I said in another post, managers are pressing us knowing we'll play retreat and wallop. Till we start doing the pressing it'll be the same every game.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:19 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:42 pm
Well, the Obasi thing is confirmed.
With a somewhat lukewarm reception from BB (per BN):
I haven’t seen a great deal of him in training because of the weather and now we've given him a contract which is pay-as-you-go.

He's not ready yet. But I thought for no cost we might as well tuck him in the Under-23s to see how he gets on and then if he gets to a level and can make a contribution, great. He has played at a good level in the Bundesliga etc but I don’t want the supporters to think he’ll be out there making a difference in a week’s time because we had to make a decision on what we’d seen in the dome playing seven-a-side.

It got to the point – and no fault of his – but he’d played in the Under-23s game and had one or two offers. He said ‘I’ll back myself and come on a pay as you play contract’. To have another striker at no cost unless he makes an appearance is one we decided to take. He’s a good lad but he’s got work to do.