The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 02, 2017 10:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 9:58 am
If we finish 4th from bottom next season that'll do me.
That's exactly where I'm at just now, but it may change :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

ally.morrison
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ally.morrison » Tue May 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Kyle Lafferty and Steven Whittaker released from Norwich today

ally.morrison
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ally.morrison » Tue May 02, 2017 3:57 pm

Bennett
Bassong
Mulumbo
All released to at Carrow road

ally.morrison
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ally.morrison » Tue May 02, 2017 4:00 pm

John Ruddy released to a England international keeper surprised to see did well at Motherwell plenty of championship experience would be a cracking pick up in my eyes for you guys

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 02, 2017 4:09 pm

I reckon if you put your mind to it you could squeeze a few more posts out of Norwich's released list

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Ameobi supposedly earns (pre-tax) £16k per week. Newcastle offered him a deal on massively reduced terms which he rejected.

Rules usually state that players under 23 are due compo to their parent clubs if they're offered a deal but leave on a free, but cant see anything that sates owt about a 'derisory' offer used to ensure club is entitled to a training fee - Possibly has to be on the same, or better terms for it to kick in - I'm sure DSB will know better
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 02, 2017 4:18 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 4:14 pm
Ameobi supposedly earns (pre-tax) £16k per week. Newcastle offered him a deal on massively reduced terms which he rejected.

Rules usually state that players under 23 are due compo to their parent clubs if they're offered a deal but leave on a free, but cant see anything that sates owt about a 'derisory' offer used to ensure club is entitled to a training fee - Possibly has to be on the same, or better terms for it to kick in - I'm sure DSB will know better
I'm not sure I will... it's not my field of expertise, but you raise some interesting points. I wonder if Ameobi has decided he needs to leave for the game time not the money; don't forget, he's had one minute on the pitch since Feb 4th, and that's in the second tier, so I can't imagine he'd be much use in the top flight – so much so that to be honest I'd be surprised if they've offered him a deal.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 4:18 pm
boltonboris wrote:

I'm not sure I will... it's not my field of expertise, but you raise some interesting points. I wonder if Ameobi has decided he needs to leave for the game time not the money; don't forget, he's had one minute on the pitch since Feb 4th, and that's in the second tier, so I can't imagine he'd be much use in the top flight – so much so that to be honest I'd be surprised if they've offered him a deal.
They did - NUFC Fans are convinced they only offered it to him to try to ensure they were entitled to a training fee, but if that's the case, clubs could offer any young players they didn't want, the minimum wage
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ally.morrison
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ally.morrison » Tue May 02, 2017 4:45 pm

boltonboris wrote:

Not if they move to Scotland he prob do good with us big lad we lack a bit of height at Rangers be a cracking signing if we are in for him to a wee dangle at European football in his direction fingers crossed 👍

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 02, 2017 4:48 pm

ally.morrison wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 4:45 pm
boltonboris wrote:

Not if they move to Scotland he prob do good with us big lad we lack a bit of height at Rangers be a cracking signing if we are in for him to a wee dangle at European football in his direction fingers crossed 👍
If he fancies playing in a tinpot league for a club on its absolute arse then it'd be a great move. If he has anything about him that sort of move won't be an option for him.

ally.morrison
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ally.morrison » Tue May 02, 2017 4:54 pm

Rangers are not on our arse if we were we would our European licence granted a few days ago
And if our leagues so tin pot says a lot about teams in your nation signing from it everybody from players to coaches 😉

ally.morrison
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ally.morrison » Tue May 02, 2017 5:00 pm

Funny when English guys sign for us it always seems a step down after they go with a few notable exceptions such as Gio Van Bronkhorst and Mikel Arteta anyway we are not linked with him Hearts are and Edinburgh is a beautiful City could easily attract better players now Anne Budge has put cash into them

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:10 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 4:20 pm
boltonboris wrote:

They did - NUFC Fans are convinced they only offered it to him to try to ensure they were entitled to a training fee, but if that's the case, clubs could offer any young players they didn't want, the minimum wage

I think (but don't know) that the contract offered needs to be on equal or better terms to qualify. What I do know, though, is that the contract has to be in writing. Everton got stung when they made a verbal contract offer to Dan Gosling only for him to leave on a free without compensation. It turns out that his agent knew that the contract offer wouldn't be valid as it wasn'the in writing and kept schtum.

Luckily for us, Ameobi turned 25 yesterday so any training compensation presumably won't apply.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 02, 2017 5:11 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 4:20 pm
boltonboris wrote:

The contract renegotiation rules used to be that you had to offer them the same deal or better or they had the right to walk. That was for older players but I see no reason it wouldn't apply to all ages: a 24-year-old shouldn't get substantially less than he was on at 23. Sammy Ameobi is, as of yesterday, 25.

You got a source for the fact they offered him a contract?

EDIT Fast-fingered Nicko! :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue May 02, 2017 5:16 pm

Maybe Newcastle think he's coming our way and they're trying to wring some arrears out of us!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Football League transfer regs: http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx - scroll down to 64.3 onwards and good luck to you. But basically yes, the contract offer (basic wage but not signing-on fee) has to be "not less favourable" than his existing deal, so Newcastle would have to offer him £16kpw gross (if that be true). In other words, they'd be f*cking idiots. Oh, hang on...

As for what an Under 24 player is, here's what it says, I shit you not:
‘Under 24 Player’ means a Player who is not an Over 24 Player.
So what's on Over 24 player?
‘Over 24 Player’ means a Player who is entitled to the benefit of Regulation 68.
Ah. And that is...?
68 Players Over 24

68.1 A Player aged 24 years or over as at 30 June is entitled (subject to Regulation 41) to sign for any Club of his choice without restriction on the expiry of his contract on or after that date without payment of any Compensation Fee.

68.2 A Player who is under 24 years as at 30 June will have to wait until the following 30 June before he is entitled to the benefit of Regulation 68.1.

68.3 An Over 24 Player who has refused an offer of re-engagement which, in the opinion of the Board is not less favourable than the Player's current contractual terms, shall not be entitled to any severance or other payment in respect of the expiry of his contract or for any period after the expiry of his contract.

68.4 This Regulation 68 applies notwithstanding any other provisions in these Regulations and if there is any conflict, Regulation 68 shall prevail.
OK. I'm going now...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 02, 2017 7:32 pm

ally.morrison wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 4:54 pm
Rangers are not on our arse if we were we would our European licence granted a few days ago
And if our leagues so tin pot says a lot about teams in your nation signing from it everybody from players to coaches 😉
Lol. Nobody who has a career goes to Scotland. End of. Apart from maybe to Celtic if they are a premiership reserve and fancy an easy trophy.

You've got 38 year old Clint Hill playing for you and you just got absolutely dicked 5-1 at home. Any team in that situation is most definitely on its arse.

ally.morrison
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ally.morrison » Tue May 02, 2017 10:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 7:32 pm
ally.morrison wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 4:54 pm
Lol. Nobody who has a career goes to Scotland. End of. Apart from maybe to Celtic if they are a premiership reserve and fancy an easy trophy.

You've got 38 year old Clint Hill playing for you and you just got absolutely dicked 5-1 at home. Any team in that situation is most definitely on its arse.
Which is why he won't get a new deal so Woods Steven Butcher Stevens Gascoigne Ball to name but a few careers were over when they signed?What age are you do you know anything about your country and your players relationship with our club?

Players are happy to sign with us and play on the European center stage something they never normally get playing with championship and bottom rung EP sides

Coming to a proper football future were we don't do draws is a pressure only really good players can cope with its why so many have failed with decent pedigree of playing in the so called greatest league in the world 😉😉

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 02, 2017 11:33 pm

It's like having our very own Oracle Nixon on acid.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed May 03, 2017 8:10 am

Nicko58 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 10:23 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 9:58 am
If we finish 4th from bottom next season that'll do me. If we can establish ourselves as a championship club we will be very attractive for a big money foreign takeover in my view.

This is also where I'm at. If I happen to be wrong and we finish in the top half then I'd be delighted, however I just think that the step up is massive and that we're some way off being capable of doing anything but fighting to survive it yet. If we can first of all stay up, and then finish a little more comfortably the season after, then that will be good enough for me. As you say, we'll be ripe for a big money takeover at that stage.
I'm firmly in the camp of riding the wave of positivity to the top. We should aim for winning the league knowing that it is possible with the right players, staff and mentality. Can't see it happening however but working towards that objective like we did last season should see us good come the end of the season.

The club has already shown that they have imbued the right spirit across the team and with some notable signings to help lift the team we should be able to compete on a decent footing.

We've seen other teams do the double up so let's aim for that.

Being realistic however I think mid table is an achievement given our circumstances but I'd rather aim for the stars rather than being pessimistic and simply hoping for just above the drop zone.