The Club...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Club...

Post by Hoboh » Wed May 03, 2017 12:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:59 am
Hoboh wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:52 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 9:07 am
Nicko58 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 5:29 pm
Is anyone going to the presentation thingy outside the town hall tonight?
Didn't go, but was in the town centre about 3-30 and there was plenty activity from the media and organisers. How could it fail with Amir Khan, the Mayoress and Councillor Morris front and centre....? :wink:

I wish I'd have known the fat bewigged controller was there, I'd have purchased a dozen pies to chuck at him.

Oh and I'd swap Parkinson for BSA in a flash.
But he'd not swap us for Crystal Palace so it is a rather moot point. You just seem to want to constantly moan about whatever the current situation is.

We've just had a great season - our best for a long time. Enjoy it. Find something nice to say.
Moan? coming from you of all people, I am struggling to find word the words.

What is moaning about compering a bloke, Parkinson, who has had one good season here with a bloke who took us into Europe?
Time for a reality check mate, will everyone be flinging platitudes in his direction if we get hammered week in week out next season?
I suppose in this age of wailing, screeching, remoaner types it would be everyone and anything else's fault and nothing to do with 'Phil'! Then we compare a big sh*thouse of a forward who only showed when he needs to cement his future with almost a club legend and whose use a level higher is highly questionable and I moan?
'Kin 'ell!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 03, 2017 12:26 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 12:19 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:59 am
Hoboh wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:52 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 9:07 am
Nicko58 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 5:29 pm
Is anyone going to the presentation thingy outside the town hall tonight?
Didn't go, but was in the town centre about 3-30 and there was plenty activity from the media and organisers. How could it fail with Amir Khan, the Mayoress and Councillor Morris front and centre....? :wink:

I wish I'd have known the fat bewigged controller was there, I'd have purchased a dozen pies to chuck at him.

Oh and I'd swap Parkinson for BSA in a flash.
But he'd not swap us for Crystal Palace so it is a rather moot point. You just seem to want to constantly moan about whatever the current situation is.

We've just had a great season - our best for a long time. Enjoy it. Find something nice to say.
Moan? coming from you of all people, I am struggling to find word the words.

What is moaning about compering a bloke, Parkinson, who has had one good season here with a bloke who took us into Europe?
Time for a reality check mate, will everyone be flinging platitudes in his direction if we get hammered week in week out next season?
I suppose in this age of wailing, screeching, remoaner types it would be everyone and anything else's fault and nothing to do with 'Phil'! Then we compare a big sh*thouse of a forward who only showed when he needs to cement his future with almost a club legend and whose use a level higher is highly questionable and I moan?
'Kin 'ell!
Move on. Its been and gone. Live in the here and now. From where we were, end of last season, this season has been miraculous. Stop harking back and enjoy the now.

Competing next season primarily depends on the owner being able to fund the quality of squad we need. I'm hopeful means will be found. And excited for next season. Enjoying what is happening now does not diminish past achievements.

I don't understand why you have to keep trying to defend your previous incorrect position. Parky has been ace. Why does that need any further qualification? Next season will be next season. It still won't take away from the fact we've gone up against all the odds.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Hoboh. You called Parkinson a pub side manager. You embarrassed yourself. It's a toss up just now between you and Diane Abbot as to which one, by actually attempting to defend their position, is coming off worse. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 03, 2017 1:48 pm

To be perfectly clear: from where I sit, Parkinson is a long way below Allardyce in the pantheon. But he's getting there. Not many managers have got us promoted, and considering the circumstances (and his track record), this feels promising. Although I understand the thinking, comparing him to a combination of Rioch and Allardyce might be a stretch - Bruce's teams, and at their best Sam's, had far more attacking swagger and entertainment value - but only a churl would decry Parkinson's achievements.

I'm sure the chorus will start by late September if we're on the wrong side of a few close 0-1s or worse. For now, just enjoy it. Let's put it this way: he pisses on the last two chumps we had.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 03, 2017 1:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:48 pm
To be perfectly clear: from where I sit, Parkinson is a long way below Allardyce in the pantheon. But he's getting there. Not many managers have got us promoted, and considering the circumstances (and his track record), this feels promising. Although I understand the thinking, comparing him to a combination of Rioch and Allardyce might be a stretch - Bruce's teams, and at their best Sam's, had far more attacking swagger and entertainment value - but only a churl would decry Parkinson's achievements.

I'm sure the chorus will start by late September if we're on the wrong side of a few close 0-1s or worse. For now, just enjoy it. Let's put it this way: he pisses on the last two chumps we had.
Last 3....

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed May 03, 2017 2:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:57 pm

Last 3....
4 actually :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 03, 2017 2:06 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 2:04 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:57 pm

Last 3....
4 actually :D
I'll raise you.....5

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 03, 2017 2:07 pm

I did wonder about Coyle/Megson/Lee, but OC's team was rather good for a while. It all went south thereafter, but I'd still stop short of saying Parky "pisses on" Coyle.

Next season will give us a strong clue.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 03, 2017 2:10 pm

Wed May 03, 2017 2:07 pm
I did wonder about Coyle/Megson/Lee, but OC's team was rather good for a while. It all went south thereafter, but I'd still stop short of saying Parky "pisses on" Coyle.

Next season will give us a strong clue.
Coyle was the worst of the lot. By a mile. As exemplified by his efforts thereafter. I'd not spit on him if he was on fire.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed May 03, 2017 4:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 2:06 pm

I'll raise you.....5
:shock:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 4:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'll raise you.....5
download.jpg
download.jpg (8.99 KiB) Viewed 2094 times

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed May 03, 2017 4:51 pm

Wed May 03, 2017 4:32 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 4:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'll raise you.....5
download.jpg
I can't count. I named each of them in my head and came up with 4 :oops:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 04, 2017 12:51 am

Not surprised you've lost count with DSB and his golden shower analogies. Disgusting.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 04, 2017 12:59 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:16 pm
Hoboh. You called Parkinson a pub side manager. You embarrassed yourself. It's a toss up just now between you and Diane Abbot as to which one, by actually attempting to defend their position, is coming off worse. ;)
I don't reckon I did actually, he has surprised me so far but as someone else earlier eluded to about a previous manager going belly up after a good start, I'm reserving judgement for now. :wink:
One thing I will say though is I'm bloody glad he got us out of that division this time, failure does not bare contemplation.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu May 04, 2017 9:09 am

He's not quite the ginger mourinho yet is he?... can't turn my back without someone insulting the giant of er, gardening.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 04, 2017 9:27 am

Hoboh wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 12:59 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:16 pm
I don't reckon I did actually, he has surprised me so far but as someone else earlier eluded to about a previous manager going belly up after a good start, I'm reserving judgement for now. :wink:
One thing I will say though is I'm bloody glad he got us out of that division this time, failure does not bare contemplation.
No manager has come into such a mess and had such a successful season here in a long time. Coyle did inherit an underperforming group and turned them around for a while. However, that is not the same as coming into a group that had been relegated with 4 wins all season, a dejected fan base and a transfer embargo and ownership squabble and turn that into a promotion.

By your rationale we should wait till Allardyce actually wins something, before deciding he is a good manager. After all, he's won, nowt.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Fri May 05, 2017 1:13 am

There was a greater disparity in finance between us and the club's surrounding us when Coyle had us 8th and in a cup semi-final. And obviously there's no comparison between those two and the financial chasm Allardyce bridged across multiple years. Basket case or not, we have what I imagine is still the highest wage bill in the division, and have been able to sign players pretty regularly throughout the season.

Look, it's not easy bouncing straight back. We had one of the largest budgets when we dropped into the Championship, and Coyle fecked that up.

Parky deserves immense credit, but people are getting carried away a bit I think. If he gets us up again, then we can have a discussion about whether he belongs in the conversation with Big Sam and Rioch, let alone as hybrid of the two.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 05, 2017 6:57 am

Tombwfc wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 1:13 am
There was a greater disparity in finance between us and the club's surrounding us when Coyle had us 8th and in a cup semi-final. And obviously there's no comparison between those two and the financial chasm Allardyce bridged across multiple years. Basket case or not, we have what I imagine is still the highest wage bill in the division, and have been able to sign players pretty regularly throughout the season.

Look, it's not easy bouncing straight back. We had one of the largest budgets when we dropped into the Championship, and Coyle fecked that up.

Parky deserves immense credit, but people are getting carried away a bit I think. If he gets us up again, then we can have a discussion about whether he belongs in the conversation with Big Sam and Rioch, let alone as hybrid of the two.
Nobody is putting him up there with Allardyce or Rioch. My comment was just an observation that tactically he is like Sam, but character wise like BR. Certainly not suggesting his impact has been anywhere near either of those two. Potentially it could be. Who knows.

But he's come into the club in a far worse position than any other manager in the past 20 years and done a really decent job to this point. It's churlish to not acknowledge that and say 'hey let's wait and see'. You could make that argument on any manager. Also next season will be more determined by Ken's ability to sort the finances than Parky. At least initially. We all know that we cannot survive in the championship without boosting the quality. And can't do that in embargo and with no cash to invest in the team.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 06, 2017 7:33 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 6:57 am
Tombwfc wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 1:13 am

Nobody is putting him up there with Allardyce or Rioch. My comment was just an observation that tactically he is like Sam, but character wise like BR. Certainly not suggesting his impact has been anywhere near either of those two. Potentially it could be. Who knows.

But he's come into the club in a far worse position than any other manager in the past 20 years and done a really decent job to this point. It's churlish to not acknowledge that and say 'hey let's wait and see'. You could make that argument on any manager. Also next season will be more determined by Ken's ability to sort the finances than Parky. At least initially. We all know that we cannot survive in the championship without boosting the quality. And can't do that in embargo and with no cash to invest in the team.
I have but you just like to bash me over a good, yes good result he has had this season.
I mean come on, if we finish mid table next year I'll eat a mince pie at Christmas and admit I was totally wrong about him, so far he has exceeded my expectations of him and God willing I may see more of his sides next season.
You see as shit as you make us out to have been, I reckon we still had the majority of players who were above this level but had lost their way a touch, next season we need to have playing staff to move us up a level, that's when Parky can be judged.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat May 06, 2017 9:30 am

I've just spent three or four minutes reading that, Hoboh. Over, and over again.
Have you had a really good night out and are recovering, or have you had a really good night out and not slept?
How is anyone able to read that codswallop without proper punctuation to guide them?
It's almost as bad as the "quote-in-quote-in-quote-in-quote ... ad infinitum" you and others practise on various parts of this forum.
I suppose that, like a rotten journalist, column inches count more than content, sense, or their poor reader's sensibilities?