Retained list

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Retained list

Post by Billbob » Wed May 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Is it June 30th when we find out who stays and goes

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17812
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Retained list

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Billbob wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 12:32 pm
Is it June 30th when we find out who stays and goes
Naw, it'll be way before then mate. Contracts officially elapse on Jun 30 but IIRC the EFL rules are that unless clubs are active in the play-offs, they have to tell the players by the third weekend in May whether they're offering them terms or turning them loose – and once those conversations have been had the information comes into the public domain via a club announcement. Norwich have already released details of seven or so senior players they're releasing; last year, we announced the release of 21 players on 14 May.

This year, Parky and Ken are meeting our contract-elapsing players this week (and possibly next) to discuss the future; if deals can be done quickly, that will be announced, but if not they'll be put on the released list unless and until we agree terms.

Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Re: Retained list

Post by Billbob » Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks Dave for that I feel more informed now. I think it will be a relief to let go of some of these big wages.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26337
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Retained list

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Next week according to agent Lee.....

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6341
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Re: Retained list

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu May 11, 2017 9:27 am

Trotter's gone!!

likewise Reece Wabara, Lewis Buxton, Tom Walker and Will Jaaskelainen - so looks like the rest are gonna be offered deals?
Last edited by General Mannerheim on Thu May 11, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2888
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Retained list

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu May 11, 2017 9:28 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 9:27 am
Trotter's gone!!

:pissed:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26337
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Retained list

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 11, 2017 9:32 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 9:27 am
Trotter's gone!!

likewise Reece Wabara, Lewis Buxton, Tom Walker and Will Jaaskelainen - so looks like the rest are gonna be offered deals?
Nah. Not necessarily. Some players have gone away and Parky wants to meet them individually before announcing anything. So just depends who is around or not.

Sensible for all these to be released.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17812
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Retained list

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 11, 2017 9:51 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 9:32 am
General Mannerheim wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 9:27 am
Trotter's gone!!

likewise Reece Wabara, Lewis Buxton, Tom Walker and Will Jaaskelainen - so looks like the rest are gonna be offered deals?
Nah. Not necessarily. Some players have gone away and Parky wants to meet them individually before announcing anything. So just depends who is around or not.

Sensible for all these to be released.
Interesting that they're getting straight down to it. Might be a show of strength for those who are presumably yet to have The Talk. Which includes Spearing, Wheater, Davies, Moxey, Madine...

Released:
Liam Trotter
Lawrie Wilson
Reece Wabara
Lewis Buxton
Tom Walker

Transfer listed (effectively):
Conor Wilkinson (contracted to 2018)


Still to be decided:
David Wheater
Dorian Dervite
Dean Moxey
Jay Spearing
Mark Davies
Gary Madine
Filipe Morais
Max Clayton
George Newell
Alex Honeyball
Callum Spooner
Alex Perry

Temporary signings becoming free agents next month:
Adam le Fondre
Andrew Taylor
Jem Karacan
James Henry
Tom Thorpe


Contracted after the summer:
Mark Howard
Ben Alnwick
Mark Beevers
Derik Osede
Darren Pratley
Chris Taylor
Jamie Proctor
Ben Amos
Josh Vela

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12881
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Retained list

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 11, 2017 10:00 am

No need to whisper!

TROTTERS GONE :D

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17812
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Retained list

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 11, 2017 10:07 am

So far, a saving of maybe £30kpw. Fat to cut yet.

User avatar
palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Retained list

Post by palindromeofbolton » Thu May 11, 2017 10:54 am

Sorry to see Jussi Jnr go. Guess they've made the decision to give Turner the nod ahead of him as a going concern, but given Will's age and pedigree (and what would've been relatively low wages in the grand scheme of things) it feels like long-term potential is being lost.

I am sure that Ken is doing a deal right this minute that will see Blumarble accept Amos as full payment for the loan, tho, so it'll be reet.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17812
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Retained list

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 11, 2017 11:10 am

palindromeofbolton wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 10:54 am
Sorry to see Jussi Jnr go. Guess they've made the decision to give Turner the nod ahead of him as a going concern, but given Will's age and pedigree (and what would've been relatively low wages in the grand scheme of things) it feels like long-term potential is being lost.

I am sure that Ken is doing a deal right this minute that will see Blumarble accept Amos as full payment for the loan, tho, so it'll be reet.
:D Oh, if only. Although the contract we gave Amos – £3.3m basic, presumably with bonuses - isn't actually that far off the original Blumarble borrow... not that that's Blumarble's fault, or Amos's, really.

As for Jussi Jr, yeah it's a sentimental shame but he's 19 this summer; in these cases you have to imagine it's because the youth coaches think he's reached a ceiling. At that level it's not so much about saving wages (even in our situation) as giving them the opportunity to thrive. I was surprised last year when we let Threlkeld and Maher go, that felt a little odd when they may have been first-team players, but so it goes.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: Retained list

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 11, 2017 11:58 am

Hoboh wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 10:00 am
No need to whisper!

TROTTERS GONE :D
He's so feckin slow, it'll 2019 by the time he leaves
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8275
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Retained list

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 11, 2017 12:03 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 11:58 am
Hoboh wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 10:00 am
No need to whisper!

TROTTERS GONE :D
He's so feckin slow, it'll 2019 by the time he leaves
:lol:
...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8275
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Retained list

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 11, 2017 12:07 pm

Re Will J, there'll be younger lads coming up behind him.and Turner so probably need to pick one.
Met a bloke in Swansea wearing a Bolton shirt in the pub during the Peterborough game. Turns out it was because his 18 year old son had just signed. He was very complimentary, said they'd been to meet Hull and a couple of others but Bolton was by far the best setup for him. Callum something or other.
...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6341
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Re: Retained list

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu May 11, 2017 12:24 pm

How come Lawrie Wilson is on the released list, no mention of him in the statement?

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8543
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: Retained list

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu May 11, 2017 12:36 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 11:58 am
Hoboh wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 10:00 am
No need to whisper!

TROTTERS GONE :D
He's so feckin slow, it'll 2019 by the time he leaves
Post of the month :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26337
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Retained list

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 11:10 am
palindromeofbolton wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 10:54 am
Sorry to see Jussi Jnr go. Guess they've made the decision to give Turner the nod ahead of him as a going concern, but given Will's age and pedigree (and what would've been relatively low wages in the grand scheme of things) it feels like long-term potential is being lost.

I am sure that Ken is doing a deal right this minute that will see Blumarble accept Amos as full payment for the loan, tho, so it'll be reet.
:D Oh, if only. Although the contract we gave Amos – £3.3m basic, presumably with bonuses - isn't actually that far off the original Blumarble borrow... not that that's Blumarble's fault, or Amos's, really.

As for Jussi Jr, yeah it's a sentimental shame but he's 19 this summer; in these cases you have to imagine it's because the youth coaches think he's reached a ceiling. At that level it's not so much about saving wages (even in our situation) as giving them the opportunity to thrive. I was surprised last year when we let Threlkeld and Maher go, that felt a little odd when they may have been first-team players, but so it goes.
Jake Turner is well ahead of him apparently.

Also, Jussi's lad always looked too small to me to make it as a keeper nowadays.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17812
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Retained list

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 11, 2017 2:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 1:07 pm
Jake Turner is well ahead of him apparently.

Also, Jussi's lad always looked too small to me to make it as a keeper nowadays.
Jake Turner's also seven months younger. And, although this won't matter enormously for now, we've got three senior keepers.

Was reading yesterday that in 1961 Mexico turned up at Wembley for a friendly against England with a goalkeeper who was only 5ft 2in. Losing 8-0 didn't deter them from including him in the World Cup squads in 1962 and 1970.

Not that I'm saying we should sign Jussi Junior, or chop him off at the knees...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: Retained list

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 11, 2017 3:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 1:07 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 11:10 am
palindromeofbolton wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 10:54 am
Sorry to see Jussi Jnr go. Guess they've made the decision to give Turner the nod ahead of him as a going concern, but given Will's age and pedigree (and what would've been relatively low wages in the grand scheme of things) it feels like long-term potential is being lost.

I am sure that Ken is doing a deal right this minute that will see Blumarble accept Amos as full payment for the loan, tho, so it'll be reet.
:D Oh, if only. Although the contract we gave Amos – £3.3m basic, presumably with bonuses - isn't actually that far off the original Blumarble borrow... not that that's Blumarble's fault, or Amos's, really.

As for Jussi Jr, yeah it's a sentimental shame but he's 19 this summer; in these cases you have to imagine it's because the youth coaches think he's reached a ceiling. At that level it's not so much about saving wages (even in our situation) as giving them the opportunity to thrive. I was surprised last year when we let Threlkeld and Maher go, that felt a little odd when they may have been first-team players, but so it goes.
Jake Turner is well ahead of him apparently.

Also, Jussi's lad always looked too small to me to make it as a keeper nowadays.

Well for a start, Jake Turner plays for England U20's - That's something that neither Jaaskelainen, can lay claim to.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests