Retained list

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Retained list

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 20, 2017 8:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 8:33 pm
Nicko58 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 3:49 pm
I read today that Mark Davies is the last of the Megson signings to leave the club.
So, Last of the Nokneecans... :wink:............................. :oops:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun May 21, 2017 10:48 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 6:39 pm
Wolves have released James Henry (and 33yo centre-back Mike Williamson, who in 2010 was charged with violent conduct for head butting Elmander).
Elmander? Wolves? 2010?

Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Swansea release ancient goalie goalkeeper Gerhard Tremmel and permaloanee forward Marvin Emnes (28, 5ft9in, last seen at Blackburn, 4 goals in 54 league appearances since summer 2014) plus Liam Shephard, Josh Vickers, Owain Jones, Tom Dyson and Tom Holland.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Tue May 23, 2017 1:48 pm
Swansea release ancient goalie goalkeeper Gerhard Tremmel and permaloanee forward Marvin Emnes (28, 5ft9in, last seen at Blackburn, 4 goals in 54 league appearances since summer 2014) plus Liam Shephard, Josh Vickers, Owain Jones, Tom Dyson and Tom Holland.
Quite like Emnes, but as noted his end product is not good. Probably quite expensive wages wise too.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Tue May 23, 2017 1:48 pm
forward Marvin Emnes (28, 5ft9in, last seen at Blackburn, 4 goals in 54 league appearances since summer 2014)
I think we're covered in that department. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 23, 2017 2:19 pm

Emnes is wank!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 2:19 pm
Emnes is wank!
I've always thought he looked dangerous. However, upon second consideration I remember that Coyle signed him for Blackburn. So with that in mind I'd not touch him with a very long barge pole.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 23, 2017 3:22 pm

:lol: It's not a bad general rule.

Think he was also signed on deadline day by Swansea alongside Ngoggers in a match fixing attempt as blatant as it was somehow unsuccessful.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Burnley release Joey Barton (obviously) and Michael Kightly. The winger is 31 and has been on loan at Burton, scoring 4 in 12 games (3 in the first 3).

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 24, 2017 9:22 pm

Bradford klaxon.

Released: Joe Cracknell, James King, Stephen Darby. Cracknell (22, GK) and King (20, CB) are both inexperienced. Darby is the right-back (28, Scouse, 200+ games for Bradford) we attempted to loan-swap in January.

Offered extensions: Mark Marshall, James Meredith, Rory McArdle, Matthew Kilgallon, Rouven Sattelmaier and Tony McMahon.

Loanees returning to parent clubs: Alex Gilliead, Josh Cullen, Kevin Toner, Matthew Penney and Jordy Hiwula.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 24, 2017 11:04 pm

Wed May 24, 2017 9:22 pm
Bradford klaxon.

Released: Joe Cracknell, James King, Stephen Darby. Cracknell (22, GK) and King (20, CB) are both inexperienced. Darby is the right-back (28, Scouse, 200+ games for Bradford) we attempted to loan-swap in January.

Offered extensions: Mark Marshall, James Meredith, Rory McArdle, Matthew Kilgallon, Rouven Sattelmaier and Tony McMahon.

Loanees returning to parent clubs: Alex Gilliead, Josh Cullen, Kevin Toner, Matthew Penney and Jordy Hiwula.
Bradford fans seemed really keen on Cullen. A combative midfielder with creativity? Lack of goals though apparently. He's not likely to break into West Hams team so a step up a division on a season long loan perhaps?

I keep hearing that Darby is a done deal but that could be speculation from our last attempt
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 24, 2017 11:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 2:19 pm
Emnes is wank!
I've always thought he looked dangerous. However, upon second consideration I remember that Coyle signed him for Blackburn. So with that in mind I'd not touch him with a very long barge pole.
He did look dangerous. The problem is that he actually wasn't.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 25, 2017 9:39 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 11:04 pm
Wed May 24, 2017 9:22 pm
Bradford klaxon.

Bradford fans seemed really keen on Cullen. A combative midfielder with creativity? Lack of goals though apparently. He's not likely to break into West Hams team so a step up a division on a season long loan perhaps?

I keep hearing that Darby is a done deal but that could be speculation from our last attempt
Cullen intrigues me - Parky (who initially loaned him to Bradford in winter 2016) almost went for him again last summer but decided we had enough midfielders. Then two of our three "big names" there got injured in the first month...

According to the Bradford local press, "the Hammers believe he is now ready to be moved up to Championship football – ruling him out of another return to Valley Parade." Cullen is quoted thusly in The Yorkshire Post: “The whole process of me coming out on loan is to try and get in West Ham’s first team. I am still in a position to do that when I go back in the summer in pre-season. We will have the discussions and see what needs to be done. Hopefully, I will be in West Ham’s plans. But if not, then a Championship club is probably the next step for me. There are discussions to be had and we will see where we go."

As for Darby – had we stayed down he'd be a shoo-in. He's still an option, but it depends whether Parky thinks there are better options out there. For the record, Darby is 5ft 9in, Liverpool-born, came through the LFC Academy at the same time as Spearing (Darby was born Nov 1988, Spearing six weeks earlier). Has played one minute of Premier League football, and made three European appearances - including one where he came on as sub seven minutes before Spearing did and eight minutes before a goal by Mr David Ngog.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:31 am

Stephen Darby is an interesting one. He has lost his place to Tony McMahon this season because McCall wanted to play with attacking full backs. So his signing would be very much a right back to play in a back four. Conor McLaughlin from Fleetwood, an attacking right back who has played right back and right wing back this season, is also out of contract, and is 26 years old. If we do decide to go back to L1 to fill the right back position, which one we go for, assuming we pick one (no reason not to go for both I guess), might give us a clue as to what Parky's preferred formation might be this coming season.

Meredith has played left back and left wing back this season. From peeking at their forums their fans seem to think he is a great athlete but final ball is sometimes lacking. They also seem to think he is likely to leave for a Championship club, and a few think we will sign him.

Fleetwood have taken a one year option on left back / left wing back Amari'i Bell so we would need to pay money for him. He is 22 and has looked really good from the little I have seen of them, an opinion I have seen many L1 managers and fans reiterate.

From the BEN today I notice Iles seems to link end of embargo with resolution of the Blumarble situation. Given how that has progressed thus far, I am not hugely optimistic that we will be out of the embargo before the summer TW ends...

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... rble_loan/

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 25, 2017 4:22 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 10:31 am
Stephen Darby is an interesting one. He has lost his place to Tony McMahon this season because McCall wanted to play with attacking full backs. So his signing would be very much a right back to play in a back four. Conor McLaughlin from Fleetwood, an attacking right back who has played right back and right wing back this season, is also out of contract, and is 26 years old. If we do decide to go back to L1 to fill the right back position, which one we go for, assuming we pick one (no reason not to go for both I guess), might give us a clue as to what Parky's preferred formation might be this coming season.

Meredith has played left back and left wing back this season. From peeking at their forums their fans seem to think he is a great athlete but final ball is sometimes lacking. They also seem to think he is likely to leave for a Championship club, and a few think we will sign him.
Interesting. In a reversal of the Darby/McMahon situation, Millwall have released Joe Martin – a 28yo six-footer who lost his left-back slot to the club captain Tony Craig. Martin, who can also play midfield (according to Wiki), played for England U16 & U17, went through the West Ham and Spurs academies (he's a Dagenham lad), played 22 second-tier games for Blackpool but the Simon Grayson signing found himself out of favour under Ian Holloway and moved to Gillingham, then Millwall. He's now been released three times, which might tell its own story, but Parky could get a decent scouting report from Mark Beevers, who played alongside him 35 times in the 2015/16 season...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Stoke release Shay Given, Daniel Bachmann (another GK) and four Under-23s: Liam Edwards, Harry Isted, Joel Taylor and George Waring.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri May 26, 2017 12:54 pm

Sheffield Wednesday can confirm that Claude Dielna, Urby Emanuelson, Darryl Lachman, Vincent Sasso, Jose Semedo and Modou Sougou have reached the end of their contracts with the club.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 27, 2017 11:58 am

Sounds like Mark Beevers is wanting aboard going off his article in the B.N.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... e_day_out/

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 28, 2017 8:38 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 11:58 am

He's under contract.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 28, 2017 8:55 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 8:38 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 11:58 am

He's under contract.
Quite so, but I'm talking attitude. I'm hoping the stalwarts want to play for us enough to accept the terms. Not open and shut yet it seems.