Should Phil Parkinson be sacked?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should BWFC sack Phil Parkinson?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 69

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Should Phil Parkinson be sacked?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:26 pm

twilight wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:35 am
We have still won only one game...
Which clearly demonstrates how much injuries have hurt us. And that isn't Parky's fault.

People should stop acting like spoilt five year olds, accept we have a good manager who has been severely hamstrung and just get behind him and the team.

Saturday shows, that all the talk of tactics, systems, this player and that has been broadly irrelevant. Put close to our strongest team out and we can compete. But we've no quality in back up if key players are out. That is purely down to the financial restrictions.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Nothing demonstrates anything. It is still too early to say what is at fault. But the fact people have different opinions of where the blame lies, or doesn't, is the entire reason for having a forum. Isn't it? In which case stop using language like "spoilt five year olds" when berating an opinion opposite to yours. You can still hold an opinion and argue it without resorting to insults.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:26 pm
twilight wrote:
Which clearly demonstrates how much injuries have hurt us. And that isn't Parky's fault.

People should stop acting like spoilt five year olds, accept we have a good manager who has been severely hamstrung and just get behind him and the team.

Saturday shows, that all the talk of tactics, systems, this player and that has been broadly irrelevant. Put close to our strongest team out and we can compete. But we've no quality in back up if key players are out. That is purely down to the financial restrictions.
Who is acting like a spoilt five year old? The statement from Twilight is factual. You are the one jumping in like a petulant child for no reason whatsoever.

As for the first sentence of your last paragraph, I wish you'd told yourself that weeks ago and saved us from your continued daily borefest.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
twilight wrote:

Who is acting like a spoilt five year old? The statement from Twilight is factual. You are the one jumping in like a petulant child for no reason whatsoever.

As for the first sentence of your last paragraph, I wish you'd told yourself that weeks ago and saved us from your continued daily borefest.
What I've said for weeks in my 'daily borefest', is we should stick with Parky and that we would look better with Vela and Ameobi in the side.

Funny that.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:31 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
twilight wrote:

What I've said for weeks in my 'daily borefest', is we should stick with Parky and that we would look better with Vela and Ameobi in the side.

Funny that.
Who would have thought that we would look better with 2 of our best players back in the side. You're an absolute genius mate!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:16 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:58 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:31 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
twilight wrote:

Funny that.
Who would have thought that we would look better with 2 of our best players back in the side. You're an absolute genius mate!
There was at least one poster on here who claimed they'd make no difference...

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:16 pm
What they were probably meaning to suggest is that with or without those players we'd still lose the majority of our games and/or still going to get relegated. This one result doesn't prove or disprove that particular analysis. Yes they make our team better, but will it be enough?

I'd like to be more optimistic in hoping that this win will give the team some much needed confidence, and help kick-start a winning streak. Phil Parkinson does tend to oversee a lot of streaky results after all, as we found out last season.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Rjs37 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:23 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
What they were probably meaning to suggest is that with or without those players we'd still lose the majority of our games and/or still going to get relegated. This one result doesn't prove or disprove that particular analysis. Yes they make our team better, but will it be enough?

I'd like to be more optimistic in hoping that this win will give the team some much needed confidence, and help kick-start a winning streak. Phil Parkinson does tend to oversee a lot of streaky results after all, as we found out last season.
I'll quote what was said here...
BWFCI - who are these superstars out injured & who will make a massive difference Ameobi & Vela.
Ameobi & Vela won't make one jot of difference to this team & how we play etc....but please carry on with your ridiculous defence of Parkinson.
Vela is very overrated IMO....and is league 1 level at best

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:11 pm
Rjs37 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

BWFCI - who are these superstars out injured & who will make a massive difference Ameobi & Vela.
Ameobi & Vela won't make one jot of difference to this team & how we play etc....but please carry on with your ridiculous defence of Parkinson.
I think, to say the very least, that one win (and against Sheffield Wednesday in particular) is hardly indicative of whether Parky is heroic/shit or whether Vela will be a saviour/overrated. We need to see a bit more than one win with him in the team before any particular statistical significance can be attributed.
[Disclaimer: Twas not I who is quoted by the way]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:52 pm

It was probably me....but its been 1 game, lets see how we get on in the next 4 or 5 games.

If they show some consistency & pick up a decent amount of points then I'll hold my hands up and I was obviously wrong....I will add though that Henry has made a big difference in midfield not just these 2.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:14 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:42 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Rjs37 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I think, to say the very least, that one win (and against Sheffield Wednesday in particular) is hardly indicative of whether Parky is heroic/shit or whether Vela will be a saviour/overrated. We need to see a bit more than one win with him in the team before any particular statistical significance can be attributed.
My point wasn't that they were the saviours to keep us up. But that simply they would improve the team. And that in our situation it was natural to struggle more when two of our better players were out.

Not sure how playing Sheffield Wednesday is particularly significant...aren't they one of the big spenders in this league with an embarrassment of riches? Sure, they've not had the best start ever, but had beaten Leeds in their last game.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:14 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:42 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Rjs37 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

My point wasn't that they were the saviours to keep us up. But that simply they would improve the team. And that in our situation it was natural to struggle more when two of our better players were out.

Not sure how playing Sheffield Wednesday is particularly significant...aren't they one of the big spenders in this league with an embarrassment of riches? Sure, they've not had the best start ever, but had beaten Leeds in their last game.
The significance of Wednesday is that we've stuffed them a ridiculous number of times despite them being in a better league position most times we've met. Just simple stats is all...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:51 pm

If we follow Saturday up with a win at home to QPR on the 21st (which I believe we definitely can), I'll start to believe that we can make a fist of it this season
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:28 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:51 pm
If we follow Saturday up with a win at home to QPR on the 21st (which I believe we definitely can), I'll start to believe that we can make a fist of it this season

Whoo! I think you had better rein that optimism in there, BB. This is Bolton we are talking about. It will do you no good behaving like that.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Back then, 12 voted yes, 34 no. Now?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:35 pm

I voted Yes then. I think my my record stands for itself in the posts I've made. It's Yes from me. I think he's clueless.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Yes tonight....

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:53 pm

I voted yes when they put this one .

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:58 pm

I voted no originally. I've just changed that vote. He's proven himself incapable at this level. Sacking him now will achieve nothing - but he should be gone, come hell or high water, at 6pm next Sunday.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:33 pm

I voted yes originally. End of last season when we were promoted I wanted him gone, only for the reason I didn't think he was a Championshipship Manager, he was a decent league one...and my thoughts haven't changed. I want to see him sacked tonight