Should Phil Parkinson be sacked?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should BWFC sack Phil Parkinson?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 69

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Should Phil Parkinson be sacked?

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:59 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:37 pm
palindromeofbolton wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:33 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:35 pm
I see reading are looking for a new manager.
PP 5/1 second favourite this time 'round, behind Steve Bruce.
Good. I hope he walks out and takes the Reading job. That might just be the trigger to get rid of Anderson.
Please be true....goodbye Parkinson, what a great Xmas present !!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:34 am

He's now odds on.....excellent

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:58 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:34 am
Yes it will be great to lose a good manager and see things completely fall apart. Just spiffing.

Especially as we've not paid him or the playing staff what we owe them. It'll be a great Christmas present.

Anyhow if Parky goes and when it becomes a total disaster I'll be here to say I told you so. As ever.

He's holding the whole place together. Good luck with David Lee or Jimmy Phillips trying to do the same. Good luck indeed.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:58 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
Yes it will be great to lose a good manager and see things completely fall apart. Just spiffing.

Especially as we've not paid him or the playing staff what we owe them. It'll be a great Christmas present.

Anyhow if Parky goes and when it becomes a total disaster I'll be here to say I told you so. As ever.

He's holding the whole place together. Good luck with David Lee or Jimmy Phillips trying to do the same. Good luck indeed.
Great manager 3 points from the last 33, not won a game since Sept, boring as fcuk football....but do go on squire

I'm just waiting for Reading to announce someone else and piss on my chips.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:30 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

Great manager 3 points from the last 33, not won a game since Sept, boring as fcuk football....but do go on squire

Just wait and see the chaos when he leaves and we are in this utter chaotic position with no manager at the helm. We've had a very poor run of results, but it is crystal clear that behind the scenes things are far from happy. And that isn't to do with the manager.

How many players do you think want to be here in January? And do you think Parky going will help? We cannot even afford to pay our staff. In January if there is an exodus, nobody is coming to replace them.

And we are still well within a shout on the field of staying up - if someone can hold everything together. But KA has clearly given up and is just treading water until admin or a takeover.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:43 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

Be very careful what you wish for. Miserable swine.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:07 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Yes i
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

t will be great to lose a good manager and see things completely fall apart. Just spiffing.

:lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:12 am

Imagine still doing the calling-someone-squire thing. In the year of our Lord two thousand and eighteen.

Grief.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:46 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:12 am
Imagine still doing the calling-someone-squire thing. In the year of our Lord two thousand and eighteen.

Grief.
Thankfully not everyone is a model of pc correctness in the 'year of our lord two thousand and eighteen' chief.

BTW whats the year of our lord business?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:10 am

Despite Parkys failings this season he is, at the moment, one of the few stable things about our club.

If we weren't an absolute basket case financially then you could argue a change of manager might be a good thing but given the current circumstances, I think Parky goes and the whole thing collapses
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:20 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:46 am
Prufrock wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:12 am

Grief.
Thankfully not everyone is a model of pc correctness in the 'year of our lord two thousand and eighteen' chief.

BTW whats the year of our lord business?

How on earth do you manage to link that to political correctness (correctness)???

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:29 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:10 am
Despite Parkys failings this season he is, at the moment, one of the few stable things about our club.

If we weren't an absolute basket case financially then you could argue a change of manager might be a good thing but given the current circumstances, I think Parky goes and the whole thing collapses
Who knows.

It could also be a blessing in disguise. The performances have improved the past 2 games, coincidentally when he was short listed for the reading job.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:47 am

Parky now @ 8/11 for next Reading boss on Sky Bet...

https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-s ... t/23227108

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:56 am

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:29 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Who knows.

It could also be a blessing in disguise. The performances have improved the past 2 games, coincidentally when he was short listed for the reading job.
How is it a blessing in disguise? I cannot believe the naivety to think Parky going is anything other than a disaster in our current plight. The only bloke who has managed to hold things together in exceptionally trying circumstances. He goes - we've no money to replace him and its a job few with any pedigree would want.

Plus its likely we sell our better players in January to pay the bills.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:56 am
DJBlu wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Who knows.

How is it a blessing in disguise? I cannot believe the naivety to think Parky going is anything other than a disaster in our current plight. The only bloke who has managed to hold things together in exceptionally trying circumstances. He goes - we've no money to replace him and its a job few with any pedigree would want.

You'll be surprised. We all know that managers have incredible egos and want to prove what they can do. Moreover, there are plenty of them out there and very few jobs that they'll ever get.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Jugs wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Who knows.

You'll be surprised. We all know that managers have incredible egos and want to prove what they can do. Moreover, there are plenty of them out there and very few jobs that they'll ever get.
I wouldn't be rushing into any job where I might not get paid. Would you?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:18 pm
Jugs wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Who knows.

I wouldn't be rushing into any job where I might not get paid. Would you?
Nope. But come on, we all know what a promise from Ken could do to a geezer like Pardew. Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see some surprising names sniffing around it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Who knows.

There is the huge blessing in disguise that it might be the final nail in the KA ownership coffin.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Who knows.

There is the huge blessing in disguise that it might be the final nail in the KA ownership coffin.
There is the huge blessing in that it might be the final nail in the PP management coffin.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Not to get too self aware about the nature of a football forum but it seems like all the people who think PP isn't very good are predicting things will improve if he goes, and all those who think he is good are predicting they'll get worse. Who knew?!

As someone who thinks he's good I hope we never find out but I'm looking forward to another chance to convince people who think he's bad that he's actually v good.