Time to Declare...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Time to Declare...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Mr Parky Parkinson must go...
I don't care who takes his place (so long as it's not Marcus' Wearing).
I'll even put myself forward - I have a very Trumpist agenda: To make Bolton great again, and make Manchester United pay for it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Time to Declare...

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:46 pm
I'll even put myself forward - I have a very Trumpist agenda: To make Bolton great again, and make Manchester United pay for it.
Nah. The manager isn't a magic ticket. As they said on radio Manchester you can give the greatest managed in the world the job but they'd struggle without resources to add genuine quality.

I think Parky's limitations were shown up yesterday but moreso the squads. I think the bloke knows what we need to progress but it's more a question of whether we can get it.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:58 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:46 pm
Which presumably means you would like to play golf a lot whilst reminiscing over the 1950s :)

Yesterday doesn't change anything for me. We still have imho a decent team given the limitations we have been working under. Ameobi, Buckley, Little, Henry, Armstrong, Robinson (till yesterday) have been excellent free signings/loans and Parky has done well to mould us into a side that at times looks pretty good. We need to sort out the defence, which we all, including Parky probably, thought was going to be our strength.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:33 pm

With respect, Sir, you're talking out of your arse.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:33 pm
With greater respect sir, it was a little tongue in cheek. (although not totally - I have been saying for a while now that if we stick with Mr Parkinson we are on a road to nowhere).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:52 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:33 pm
With greater respect sir, it was a little tongue in cheek. (although not totally - I have been saying for a while now that if we stick with Mr Parkinson we are on a road to nowhere).
:D No insult intended, Squire. Just now I'm quite happy to be on a road to nowhere just so long as we've stopped going backwards
May the bridges I burn light your way

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:54 pm

I've been firmly in the Parky camp since he first set foot in here
Sold a pup - no money, iffy boardroom proceedings and rifts, a very unbalanced and dispirited squad - you have to question the blokes sanity for coming here in the first place.
He pulled off a miracle last season getting us promoted.... but now at a higher level it appears as though the wheels are falling off his bus.
I still support him, as I can't think that theres a not right around who could come in and do much better
HOWEVER
His unwillingness to adopt new tactics, and his dogmatic approach leaves the door wide open for doubt.
He needs to tinker a bit more - try new faces...at least if they're cwap then discount them rather than have the nagging doubts of wonder.
As it stands I still find it hard to believe that we only played one up front and two defensive ,midfielders at home against the team who were bottom of the league - we got everything we deserved.
One of the great things about Big Sam was his ability to pick a team and change tactics to get the best result no matter which team we were up against....
Come on Parky - its time to twist rather than stick
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:15 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:54 pm
I've been firmly in the Parky camp since he first set foot in here
Sold a pup - no money, iffy boardroom proceedings and rifts, a very unbalanced and dispirited squad - you have to question the blokes sanity for coming here in the first place.
He pulled off a miracle last season getting us promoted.... but now at a higher level it appears as though the wheels are falling off his bus.
I still support him, as I can't think that theres a not right around who could come in and do much better
HOWEVER
His unwillingness to adopt new tactics, and his dogmatic approach leaves the door wide open for doubt.
He needs to tinker a bit more - try new faces...at least if they're cwap then discount them rather than have the nagging doubts of wonder.
As it stands I still find it hard to believe that we only played one up front and two defensive ,midfielders at home against the team who were bottom of the league - we got everything we deserved.
One of the great things about Big Sam was his ability to pick a team and change tactics to get the best result no matter which team we were up against....
Come on Parky - its time to twist rather than stick
We played 2 up front early doors and got tonked week in week out. We're playing our best team and system now. We didn't lose to Burton because we played that system or team, we lost because we lack quality to break teams down and have the ability to gift teams soft goals.

I also think a lot of the "Big Sam" change tactics and flexibility stuff is rather "rose tinted glasses". He rarely strayed from his 4-5-1/4-3-3 system and it was essentially the same team most weeks injuries permitting.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:08 pm

I'd give my right arm for a bit of 4-3-3 right now - what have we got to lose ?
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:53 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:08 pm
We are essentially playing the Allardyce system. Almost exactly.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:53 pm
nelson66 wrote:
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:00 pm

o'cors we are. It's called football, not cricket. If you think that there is absolutely no difference between Allardyce and Parkinson you're insane.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
Nah, the midfield triangle's inverted: we're playing more of a 4-2-3-1 than a 4-3-3 a la Allardyce, Klopp etc.

Sam played Campo (or Warhurst or Hierro or whoever) in a deep role behind two central midfielders, in order to find the space to ping passes. One or other of his two other midfielders - usually Nolan, let's face it – might burst forward for Sam's statistically-sourced second-ball fun but it was definitely one-behind-two.

If you're comparing Vela to Nolan, I can see that – but that's managerially characteristic too. Normally when that midfield triangle is pointing forward rather than backward it's because you've got two midfielders behind a "No.10" attacking midfielder exploiting the gaps between the oppo's midfield and defence; but for us, it's Vela darting forward from a position marginally in front of the two old guys sitting deep enough to smell Wheavers' meaty breath.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:33 pm

Speaking of Sam
Not getting too carried away. Delivering 13 points out of a possible 15 is an outstanding feat. We’ve scored 11 goals in the last five games. A team that comes back from 1-0 down to win, shows us a lot of character which maybe was missing before I got here.
Oh how missed he is.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:44 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:34 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
Nah, the midfield triangle's inverted: we're playing more of a 4-2-3-1 than a 4-3-3 a la Allardyce, Klopp etc.

Sam played Campo (or Warhurst or Hierro or whoever) in a deep role behind two central midfielders, in order to find the space to ping passes. One or other of his two other midfielders - usually Nolan, let's face it – might burst forward for Sam's statistically-sourced second-ball fun but it was definitely one-behind-two.

If you're comparing Vela to Nolan, I can see that – but that's managerially characteristic too. Normally when that midfield triangle is pointing forward rather than backward it's because you've got two midfielders behind a "No.10" attacking midfielder exploiting the gaps between the oppo's midfield and defence; but for us, it's Vela darting forward from a position marginally in front of the two old guys sitting deep enough to smell Wheavers' meaty breath.
It's very similar. But I accept that we don't have a sitter rather than two in a Pratley and Henry who cover the midfield. But Vela plays in a more advanced role than Nolan did.

Pratley gets up and down and covers ground ala Speed.

It's not a million miles away.

Clearly the quality of players and manager is far lower. But the system isn't massively dissimilar.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:46 am

I can't believe you've put them in the same sentence. 1 played football, the other runs around a bit.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:46 am
I can't believe you've put them in the same sentence. 1 played football, the other runs around a bit.
My sentiments exactly.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Given our position, I don't think we've much to lose if we change managers. I reckon Parky has been given the Christmas period to show some improvement, but we've a very tough run of games coming up. Looking at PP's signings, it's been very hit and miss, something KA referred to in his comments the other day. It looks like he will have to get rid of some of those he hasn't played much before he's allowed to bring anyone in. The likes of Buckley, Noone and Alf plus the 2 West Ham lads may have to go out on loan or back to their clubs and the likes of Karacan and The Postman may as well look for football elsewhere as things stand.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:36 pm
It looks like he will have to get rid of some of those he hasn't played much before he's allowed to bring anyone in. The likes of Buckley, Noone and Alf plus the 2 West Ham lads may have to go out on loan or back to their clubs and the likes of Karacan and The Postman may as well look for football elsewhere as things stand.
Could be more than that, Bob. I ran through a few possibles over on the transfer thread - and that was before Ken's latest swipe.
viewtopic.php?p=1051296#p1051296

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:48 pm

He's had feck all to spend and hasn't had a single day of a transfer window out of embargo, it's no surprise some of the punts he's had to take haven't worked out.

Thought his flirtation with 3 at the back was balls, and he hasn't got the balance right away from home, but otherwise don't think he's done a lot wrong. Really not sure how much more can be expected with what we have.

We haven't got any f*cking money.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.