Lets zero in and get these Monkeys off our back. BWFC v Birmingham 8pm 22/8/18

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Lets zero in and get these Monkeys off our back. BWFC v Birmingham 8pm 22/8/18

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Whoo! I'll take that, thank you very much.

On course for over 100 pts this season.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Lets zero in and get these Monkeys off our back. BWFC v Birmingham 8pm 22/8/18

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:00 pm

Let’s call it joint top

Sami Ameobi is fecking ace. Did we make him sign a two year deal this time? Absolute world of difference when he came on.

I think that’s called not playing well and winning, all good teams do it...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:01 pm

3rd!
(/8pts clear of the bottom three, depending on your disposition).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Aint' the way you do it, its what you do. That's what gets results....Thanks Brum, we defended well ( if desperately at times) tis to be said, but a win and three points is a win and three points whichever way you cut it. Sammi made a difference and he's one brilliant ball player. I get the feeling the match commentator wasn't really wanting us to win? Might be wrong of course...anyway, COME ON YOU WHITES....10 points from four games is mighty satisfactory even if it was the bare necessities... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:16 pm

Vela fully rested for a game in which we won is testament to the depth of the squad, even if it is equivalent to dipping our toes in a puddle.

Lowe & O'Neil were excellent.

I agree with the criticism of Oztumer, guilty of giving the ball away in important areas too often.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Oztumers first championship game, he did at least look lively in their half. Lowe and O Neil were excellent defensively. Lowe had a decent chance to score don’t forget and I don’t think O Neil ventured past halfway much at all, problem was it was coming back quicker than he could get up there.

But we won without playing well. We looked solid again. Great to have proper options on the bench. Let’s be happy 😃

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Oztumer and Wildschut both looked like they could be good players. Neither really in the game, but showed enough good toucbes and ideas to at least make sure I don't lose all hope.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:23 pm

We could lose every game for two and a half months and still be better off than last year.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Awful 1st half, even worse than against Bristol City....and I mean abysmal, not one player apart from the keeper & back four played well - totally outplayed, no one could pass to a white shirt.

2nd half completely different, more effort & energy Gary O'Neil was excellent (after a very poor 1st half)....game changed for me when Ameobi & Buckley came on, both played very well & kept the ball better which was needed, and they brought Oztumer into the game, he has a great 1st touch and will get better with more games...Ameobi looked class - all of the back four excellent.

2nd half we looked comfortable and Birmingham never looked like scoring....very good win but if I'm honest it wasn't deserved over the 90 mins....and what Parkinson thinks he'll get out of Magennis playing like we did in the first half is behond me.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:25 pm

Also Sammy was great when he came on. We've always got a chance when he's fit. Olk absolute class.

Think it'll be like that a lot at home, but enjoying this!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:26 pm

When did Buckley come on? Thought Wildschut had improved immeasurably and then realised. Oz is going to struggle when we don't have the ball. Some lovely touches though. Cracking ball to get Buckley in just after the goal. No-one else in the squad could have found him.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:27 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:23 pm
We could lose every game for two and a half months and still be better off than last year.
Domed.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Oh and Alnwick. Some marvellous saves.

Hahahaha Gary's got a Monk on. Not happy with the referee for not giving a hand ball with the goal.

Buckley came on at minute 61 and score at minute 72.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:23 pm
Awful 1st half, even worse than against Bristol City....and I mean abysmal, not one player apart from the keeper & back four played well - totally outplayed, no one could pass to a white shirt.

2nd half completely different, more effort & energy Gary O'Neil was excellent (after a very poor 1st half)....game changed for me when Ameobi & Buckley came on, both played very well & kept the ball better which was needed, and they brought Oztumer into the game, he has a great 1st touch and will get better with more games...Ameobi looked class - all of the back four excellent.

2nd half we looked comfortable and Birmingham never looked like scoring....very good win but if I'm honest it wasn't deserved over the 90 mins....and what Parkinson thinks he'll get out of Magennis playing like we did in the first half is behond me.
Christ you're pessimistic.

We weren't abysmal at all. Poor yes, abysmal is losing 7-1 away to Reading or 5-0 to Stoke.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:32 pm

I was working so I didn't see a kick. Great to get another 3 points, though. Could be top by rights in Saturday night.

WTW
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WTW » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:39 pm

Home or away we play like the away side.

It's working.

But it won't continue to work.

Ameobi made the game come alive. We missed Vela in a midfield that really wasn't working in the first half, where we were second best by a distance.

But we won. I have a glass of chilled white wine and a slightly hoarse voice and a grin. I'm happy. :D :D :D

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Wow!!

We were a LOT better once Ameobi was on the pitch, and we grew in confidence and started to look like a team after we scored. If we can play like that a bit more, it'd be great.

Before that? Well, it was dire stuff.

Oz was having a bit of a mare - too many stray passes - and he's also shorter than the corner flag, but he grew into the game and his control towards the end from a long pass was fantastic. Bit of a funny one, though - same type of player as Clough and even smaller than Clough but PP clearly never had a role for Clough.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:59 pm

My first sight of Pawel. Easy to see what the fuss is about. Solid.

Oneill & Lowe worked their socks off. More to come from Oz. Magennis is a real handful. Ameobi and Buckley were the game changers.

Dour at times and Brum may feel hard done by but feck em - happy Wanderer here tonight
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:01 pm

Goal has been award to Magennis, who now has 3 in 4 games.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:14 pm

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... birmingham

Highlights for UK viewers.

Check out the save from Alnwick! Even better than it first looked.