Blunting the Blades and walking on the Wilder side? BWFC v Sheffield Utd 25/8/18

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Blunting the Blades and walking on the Wilder side? BWFC v Sheffield Utd 25/8/18

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:12 pm

I have to leave now and, frankly, I'm not that distressed. Good luck to the faithful who remain!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Blunting the Blades and walking on the Wilder side? BWFC v Sheffield Utd 25/8/18

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:14 pm

McGoldrick wins a corner of Wheats and....some head tennis and back they come. Duffy and....Freeman and...it sounds to be all Sheffield. Our defence won't win any medals playing like this. Sammi and O go, a cross, they clear. Sammi comes again and....a goal kick to them. James Henry scores for Oxford....Inspector Morse would have been pleased. Some back and forth and...Lowe, Sammi hits one and it's deflected for a corner. Vela....and..cleared for a throw. And.....and...O and...Murphy, Grounds, Buckley and....Grounds and....Buckley gets a booking for a dive when he wanted a pen.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:19 pm

And back at the Uni....we block Freemen and the mic lads are far from impressed with our defence and....a corner them and...it hits a blade. Wallop kick us....and mic man mithers about Bury....Meanwhile...throw them and....time for Wildschutt? Mac, they clear, McGoldrick wins a disputed throw. More mither about Bury and then......Oztuma and Wildschutt appearing on the skyline. Mac and....Buckley wins a corner. Vela sends one in and.....a throw them ensues. Buckley and ...Murphy leave for the the newcs.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Mic mither about Bury again, then....Widshcutt goes, they clear. Come on lads, it isn't Barcelona....Wallop kick us. Duffy and McGoldrick figure and...a seagull flies overhead (it doesn't really) . Mac, Oz, Wildshcutt and....they part clear to O. Ben wallops and Vela manages to collar it. Sammi comes and....they clear, we come again and O wins a free kick for us. Oz or Sammi.? Sammi and...hits the wall. Reclaims it and we sally again. Throw us and....some irrelevant scores, then Oz....Wildschutt and Mac gets a header a yard wide.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:28 pm

Went this afternoon, paid £33 and left at half time - which is the 1st time I've left early at the Reebok. It was utterly shambolic, abysmal non football - the only player who can play football is Ameobi.

Grounds was /is atrocious, Vela, Murphy & Lowe absolutely shocking - the crowd was poor, awful atmosphere apart from the 2,000 Sheff Utd fans, and I even thought they scored after 5 mins when I thought the ball went over the line off the bar. Worst thing is Sheff Utd for me were not as good as Bristol City or B/ham

That's it for me I'm not paying anymore money to watch that shit - even if we manage to come back & draw. We can't pass, we can't tackle, we don't move - Magennis is completely isolated without a player within 50 yards of him.

A great start points wise, but I'll even go so far as to say the football on display is worse than last season....we will be lucky to survive again this season, and the crowds will dwindle even more - the football or non football we play or don't play really is awful.

And what the fcuk is their striker doing wearing gloves WTF

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:31 pm

Duffy leaves for Stearman....a defender..? They win a corner. Norwood and....short and....in and out and then they reclaim it. McGoldrick offside. Throw them again...some scores....Beavers clears for a corner. It goes over but we get a free wallop for Ben. And....Mac.....and they come again and....have some pass time then.....mic man rambles about Australia. Then....a cross and a tap in and 3-0 them....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:33 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:28 pm
Went this afternoon, paid £33 and left at half time - which is the 1st time I've left early at the Reebok. It was utterly shambolic, abysmal non football - the only player who can play football is Ameobi.

Grounds was /is atrocious, Vela, Murphy & Lowe absolutely shocking - the crowd was poor, awful atmosphere apart from the 2,000 Sheff Utd fans, and I even thought they scored after 5 mins when I thought the ball went over the line off the bar. Worst thing is Sheff Utd for me were not as good as Bristol City or B/ham That's it for me I'm not paying anymore money to watch that shit - even if we manage to come back & draw. We can't pass, we can't tackle, we don't move - Magennis is completely isolated without a player within 50 yards of him.
A great start points wise, but I'll even go so far as to say the football on display is worse than last season....we will be lucky to survive again this season, and the crowds will dwindle even more - the football or non football we play or don't play really is awful.
Two wins, one draw and a loss from four games and you walk off at half-time? Really....?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Peter you have been waiting for the excuse.

If I'm honest I'm surprised you stayed till half time.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:41 pm

There was no effort, no energy, no one showing for the ball - the number of times we went backwards was disgraceful. Believe me this is damaging moving forward, it was that bad - almost to a man (and women) sat near me were shacking their heads in disbelief at how shite we play & played....we simply do not attempt to try and play football.

Our midfield must be the worst in the division, just static - they don't move, they don't compete, they just sit off and watch...no one runs with the ball, they constantly give the ball away.

I know its only one game but Bristol City & B/ham played us off the park and the same again today - we come out in the 1st minute and just don't compete, we just sit back and invite pressure and let them attack us....we just sat and watched them pass & move at will.

What the fcuk Parkinson & his 4th Division coaches do during the week is behind me - Yes its one game most will say its an over reaction, but if you went today and watched that (I can only speak from watching the 1st half) surely you cant defend Parkinson's non football or how unmotivated the players appeared to be.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:42 pm

Well, bad day at the Uni? We try...Oz, Grounds cross is poor and....a goal kick them. Parky needs to have a hairdrying session with our defence. Maybe with a few more? We're better then this surely? Ben bowls one out....wow! mic lads chat away, then chat some more. Vela....and....we actually fire a shot across their bows. Main question seeme to be are Sheffield that good or are we just that bad? Some chat about Bury, some scores, nothing about what's happening on the greensward. Oh wait, we have ??? Anyway, Sammi gets a mentsion, Oz, Sammi and.....the keeper claims. More about Bury, then.....

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:33 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:28 pm

Grounds was /is atrocious, Vela, Murphy & Lowe absolutely shocking - the crowd was poor, awful atmosphere apart from the 2,000 Sheff Utd fans, and I even thought they scored after 5 mins when I thought the ball went over the line off the bar. Worst thing is Sheff Utd for me were not as good as Bristol City or B/ham That's it for me I'm not paying anymore money to watch that shit - even if we manage to come back & draw. We can't pass, we can't tackle, we don't move - Magennis is completely isolated without a player within 50 yards of him.
Two wins, one draw and a loss from four games and you walk off at half-time? Really....?
Yeh - I'm not having a dig at anyone who can't or doesn't go - but I paid my money and I made the effort to get there....but seriously the football was that bad.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:44 pm

I thought Grounds was good with some of his passing/crossing.

Get Williams on.
Ozzy is a (minimal) waste of space. We're not a passing team and he can't win ball.
He'd probably be alright for them.
What could've happened; did.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:46 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Don't talk through your fcuking arse....I pay my hard earmed money & get up to the Reebok hoping to see some football. But don't worry I wont be making the effort again for a while - so fire away 10 men.

BTW I must have been waiting for the excuse for 40 years them - because I've been watching BWFC since the mid 70's - what a muppet.

Why isn't anyone allowed to be critical on this site....?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:49 pm

Ben wallops one into touch. That's a new one? Sharp leaves for Sean Bean or somebody..I think. .....we hear about Bury. They get a corner and ....sammi sallies. Throw them....meanwhile.....mic man tells us we're 3-0 down....then the mics have a chat and...a mention of us, then....all too much passing when only shooting will do. Think I'll go for my tea. I'll leave the radio on just in case.
See you next time.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:59 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:46 pm
DJBlu wrote:

Don't talk through your fcuking arse....I pay my hard earmed money & get up to the Reebok hoping to see some football. But don't worry I wont be making the effort again for a while - so fire away 10 men.

BTW I must have been waiting for the excuse for 40 years them - because I've been watching BWFC since the mid 70's - what a muppet.

There is critical and then there is you. Constant barrage of negativity. We win in spite of and lose because of. Nothing will be good enough.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:02 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:49 pm
Ben wallops one into touch. That's a new one? Sharp leaves for Sean Bean or somebody..I think. .....we hear about Bury. They get a corner and ....sammi sallies. Throw them....meanwhile.....mic man tells us we're 3-0 down....then the mics have a chat and...a mention of us, then....all too much passing when only shooting will do. Think I'll go for my tea. I'll leave the radio on just in case.
See you next time.
Good work Tango.
Hope you weren't tempted to bet.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:09 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:59 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:46 pm
DJBlu wrote:

There is critical and then there is you. Constant barrage of negativity. We win in spite of and lose because of. Nothing will be good enough.
You haven't got a clue Mr 'happy clapper'...I'm passionate about BWFC I've watched them home & way since the 70's and spent many 1000's doing so, I celebrate a win as much as anyone - but I tell it as it is & I don't dress it up....I hate us losing I really do. But I also want to see us play some form of football....the position we are in is dream land with 10 points from 5, but we all know it wont last and we will be around the bottom 4 soon enough....and if you've seen us in all 3 home games this season you will know how lucky we have been and how poor we have been in all 3 games - today being the worst.

I await BWFCI with his 'you never liked' the football under Allardyce' rubbish - when they where the best days ever as a BWFC fan, with players we could only ever dream about - this is from someone who went home & away in the early 80's when we 3,000 at home most weeks.

I'm passionate about BWFC - and if that means I'm overly critical when we aren't that good, then so be it....crime of the century.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:10 pm

Well the bubble has burst back to looking for relegation rivals.

Maybe we should have got McGoldrick. He retained possession well.
Better sub for Magennis than Donaldon who gets dragged out wide to hang with SAmeobi to confuse the .commentators.
Couple of times we went to cross but couldn't cause without Magennis we had no-one in the box at all.

Player ratings.
SAmeobi and Magennis were good-ish.6
Olki (apart from his shocking passing), Grounds, Wheater andLowe were all okay. 5
Everyone else was crap 4

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:16 pm

Oi are we still 3rd?
I kept refreshing the BBC Championship page but we never moved down. Wow.
It does not feel like we are 3rd overall.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:38 pm

mullayo wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:16 pm
Oi are we still 3rd?
I kept refreshing the BBC Championship page but we never moved down. Wow.
It does not feel like we are 3rd overall.
Reading scoring a penalty in the 89th minute made sure we stayed 3rd. So technically a freebie. Shame we didn't perform well today. Vela was rested for a big performance today and sadly let the team down. Not that the rest did any better.

Onwards and upwards.