Blunting the Blades and walking on the Wilder side? BWFC v Sheffield Utd 25/8/18

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Blunting the Blades and walking on the Wilder side? BWFC v Sheffield Utd 25/8/18

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:04 am

The thing that pushes us above our budgetary performance bracket is our manager. The difference between us and Burton and Barnsley was certainly not the quality in our squad but the quality of our manager. Just like Big Sam all those years back.

That for me is worth it’s weight in gold right now. When you see Blackburn (basket case Blackburn) spending 7M on a striker it should hammer that fact home.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Blunting the Blades and walking on the Wilder side? BWFC v Sheffield Utd 25/8/18

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:21 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:04 am
The thing that pushes us above our budgetary performance bracket is our manager. The difference between us and Burton and Barnsley was certainly not the quality in our squad but the quality of our manager. Just like Big Sam all those years back.

That for me is worth it’s weight in gold right now. When you see Blackburn (basket case Blackburn) spending 7M on a striker it should hammer that fact home.
That's absolutely fine and I respect both your opinion and whole hearted support of Parkinson - but equally you should respect others who may have a different opinion and may not quite support or like Parkinson as much as you do.

We all want BWFC to succeed, we all jump for joy and are elated when we win & down when we lose...and every BWFC fan will be buzzing with us currently being 3rd. However football is a passionate sport, and we are all different, people watch and see games differently and maybe want slightly different things from their matchday experience.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:21 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

That's absolutely fine and I respect both your opinion and whole hearted support of Parkinson - but equally you should respect others who may have a different opinion and may not quite support or like Parkinson as much as you do.

We all want BWFC to succeed, we all jump for joy and are elated when we win & down when we lose...and every BWFC fan will be buzzing with us currently being 3rd. However football is a passionate sport, and we are all different, people watch and see games differently and maybe want slightly different things from their matchday experience.

I welcome the suggestion that we respect each other's opinions. I feel it's important to point out, however, that on the previous match thread, when a poster calmly provided a tactical breakdown of the match as they saw it and an explanation as to why Parky might actually be doing an alright job, you instantly dismissed it as sounding - and I quote - "like bollocks".

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:21 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:39 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:21 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I welcome the suggestion that we respect each other's opinions. I feel it's important to point out, however, that on the previous match thread, when a poster calmly provided a tactical breakdown of the match as they saw it and an explanation as to why Parky might actually be doing an alright job, you instantly dismissed it as sounding - and I quote - "like bollocks".
TW 'likes' this.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 pm

When we smashed this league in 96/97 we got beat 5-2 by Southend early doors.

Preston’s interesting. I’m not saying we’re going up btw but another cave in on Saturday OR a resolute away performance will tell us a lot.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Preston’s interesting. I’m not saying we’re going up btw but another cave in on Saturday OR a resolute away performance will tell us a lot.
Didn't we follow it up with a 6-1 hammering of Grimsby?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:35 pm

Jugs wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 pm
Yes. Brian Laws wasn't a happy bunny.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:46 pm

We got beat 5-0 by Stoke in the F.A.Cup, lost 13 games out of 16 in the league, then handed Soke a 5-0 thrashing back. Funny old game football. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:58 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:46 pm
We got beat 5-0 by Stoke in the F.A.Cup, lost 13 games out of 16 in the league, then handed Soke a 5-0 thrashing back. Funny old game football. :wink:
We went down that season. Domed completely.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:28 am

Jugs wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 pm
Aye, and I can still remember both Tripe 'n' Trotters match-report headlines: Bell-End of the Pier Show and Sixual Healing. Neither were mine; both still tickle me to this day.

Sweet
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sweet » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:22 pm
Sweet wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:32 pm
Should be a good atmosphere, always a great following from the Blades.
Realistic score 1:3
Jesus - are you still trolling on here?!

Actually think you might be right on the score though. We've rode our luck a bit and that has to end soon.

1-3 loss and we're all in awe at the 'great Blades following' :roll: (Wednesday always bring more and make more noise anyway)
I like you Harry, and that is the gods truth. Good luck with the season.