Stephen Darby

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Stephen Darby

Post by dave the minion » Mon May 24, 2021 12:58 pm

Utterly, utterly heart-breaking that, but what amazing people (and their families) for trying to raise awareness.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 24, 2021 1:20 pm

Very tough watch. To me it looks like Stephen is struggling more with the mental side than the other two. Hear a lot about Rob Burrow and the amazing work he and his former teammates have done this side of the Pennines but I think Stephen has struggled more with putting himself out there than the others. Fair play. Horrible disease.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 24, 2021 4:08 pm

Terrible stuff, tough watch. Heart goes out to all of them and their families.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon May 24, 2021 4:30 pm

So, so sad. MND must be one of the cruelest diseases there is surely? I used to teach a couple of girls whose dad was diagnosed, suffered and died from it. It’s just heartbreaking. What a moving interview. :cry:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 24, 2021 4:37 pm

So tragic. Still including them in my prayers.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon May 24, 2021 7:04 pm

Bloody hell. That was a tough watch. Especially when it focused on Rob Burrows kids. What a horrendous disease to live with, for sufferers and those close to them.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon May 24, 2021 8:06 pm

Tears in my eyes watching that, it puts something like a game of football or rugby into perspective.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue May 25, 2021 9:08 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 1:20 pm
Very tough watch. To me it looks like Stephen is struggling more with the mental side than the other two. Hear a lot about Rob Burrow and the amazing work he and his former teammates have done this side of the Pennines but I think Stephen has struggled more with putting himself out there than the others. Fair play. Horrible disease.
Possibly. He might just be having a bad day. I'm fairly certain that running into Rob Burrow is going to be a challenging sight given that it is likely a sign of things to come. Hopefully he can find some positives while fighting that dreadful condition.