Carpe Diem....Versus Derby County at the Unibol, Sat 29th Sept.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Carpe Diem....Versus Derby County at the Unibol, Sat 29th Sept.

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:43 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:10 pm
Jugs wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:08 pm
Jugs wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:36 pm
Lmao maybe front foot was the wrong way of putting it but this was definitely a more positive, aggressive performance.

I know some of you like to deny PP is ever negative at home, but slotting Otzumer - who was excellent - in there today was a big difference from the Sheffield United game when our flat midfield had no idea how to get out and move the ball forward - or any belief.

Today we had some ideas, belief, desire, aggression and at times even urgency to get up the pitch when we had the chance. We had to defend a lot but there were avenues out of defence and into attack this time.
Oztumer played well. He did offer an outlet. But we had 26% possession and had two efforts on target. Today was the same as we’ve played every game at home except for Derby pratted about and we kept our defensive shape superbly. The early goal clearly contributing too. If anything it was our biggest rearguard effort at home yet.
How was that the same? We were absolute shite against Sheffield united and QPR and didn't look capable of anything.
Because Derby came onto us whereas those two invited us on and hit us on the counter. QPR especially. Derby stuck players forwards and played from the back. It was perfect for us. We treated it like an away game.
It is the best we’ve played at home but also the most defensive and counter punch type too.
Well, without putting too fine a point on it, I think you need to know the opinion of the average Derby fan (I happen to be resident amongst the fxckers).
As it was put to me by a Derby fan the day after the game: "We were bound to lose. We can't play against shit teams. Rotherham, Bolton, Whoever..."

And a large part of the reason for that... is explained in the post you've quoted.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:24 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:20 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:43 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:10 pm
Jugs wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:08 pm
Jugs wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:36 pm
Lmao maybe front foot was the wrong way of putting it but this was definitely a more positive, aggressive performance.

I know some of you like to deny PP is ever negative at home, but slotting Otzumer - who was excellent - in there today was a big difference from the Sheffield United game when our flat midfield had no idea how to get out and move the ball forward - or any belief.

Today we had some ideas, belief, desire, aggression and at times even urgency to get up the pitch when we had the chance. We had to defend a lot but there were avenues out of defence and into attack this time.
Oztumer played well. He did offer an outlet. But we had 26% possession and had two efforts on target. Today was the same as we’ve played every game at home except for Derby pratted about and we kept our defensive shape superbly. The early goal clearly contributing too. If anything it was our biggest rearguard effort at home yet.
How was that the same? We were absolute shite against Sheffield united and QPR and didn't look capable of anything.
Because Derby came onto us whereas those two invited us on and hit us on the counter. QPR especially. Derby stuck players forwards and played from the back. It was perfect for us. We treated it like an away game.
It is the best we’ve played at home but also the most defensive and counter punch type too.
Well, without putting too fine a point on it, I think you need to know the opinion of the average Derby fan (I happen to be resident amongst the fxckers).
As it was put to me by a Derby fan the day after the game: "We were bound to lose. We can't play against shit teams. Rotherham, Bolton, Whoever..."

And a large part of the reason for that... is explained in the post you've quoted.
Yes. And...?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:31 pm

Unchanged XI. Dyer on bench, Donaldson ain't.

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 16.30.26.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 16.30.26.png (396.23 KiB) Viewed 940 times